E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone 2.1 available 9/12

10-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #23
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopz View Post
I've posted a potential fix on my blog that involves adding 2000 fake contacts to the iPhone

Fix for iPhone and BMW iDrive address book not synchronising

It's pretty much a 100% success rate for those with an iDrive in all makes and models 2005-2008, 1series - 6 series. Worked for me in Dec-2005 E60 M5 with iPhone 3G running 2.1

A few without iDrive, just the prof radio, have reported no joy but give it a go. If it works please leave a comment on the blog to let others know iPhone version, BMW model, year, etc

Good luck

(PS - I recognise a few names from comments on my blog, eisenb11 & samps )
Nice work Neil.

The 'fix' works fine for me:

Car: E90 330i SE with SatNavPro
Build date: Sept 05
Progman: V27.x.x

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #24
samps
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Transit

I've visited the dealer a number of times to inquire about a 'fix', since the 2000 contact method does not work for me. What I've been told is that this is an issue that Apple needs to address. This makes sense to me as my phone worked fine with SW 1.1.4, and since then, I've only changed the iPhone SW, and the car has remained the same.

I'm curious though, do the older progman versions seem to work with contact syncing, or the new ones? From what I've read it seems that it is totally random.
Appreciate 0