E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Soon to be new owner

11-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
tafan321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i coupe

Soon to be new owner

Recently placed my order for new 2010 328i and will be picking it up at Welt in early January. I ordered through firstchoicemsp.com. I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find through search.

First, I ordered with navigation system. My concern with this though is that I'm stationed in Germany and afraid I may have to upgrade to have the nav system with the Europe maps. I was told that the new 3 series nav systems will automatically pick up which country(or continent for that matter) and adjust the maps accordingly. Is this true?

Second question is in regards to mods, will parts that are shown for 2009 328i work on the 2010?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafan321 View Post
Recently placed my order for new 2010 328i and will be picking it up at Welt in early January. I ordered through firstchoicemsp.com. I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find through search.
Congrats!!! Great Buy

Quote:
First, I ordered with navigation system. My concern with this though is that I'm stationed in Germany and afraid I may have to upgrade to have the nav system with the Europe maps. I was told that the new 3 series nav systems will automatically pick up which country(or continent for that matter) and adjust the maps accordingly. Is this true?
Indeed it is, the navi has all the preloaded maps

Quote:
Second question is in regards to mods, will parts that are shown for 2009 328i work on the 2010?
Coupe, Sedan or Cabrio? Mostly 2009 mods will work...mostly, be sure to ask before you buy something (see tire pressure monitor "fail" thread lol)
      11-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
congrats!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
tafan321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Congrats!!! Great Buy

Indeed it is, the navi has all the preloaded maps

Coupe, Sedan or Cabrio? Mostly 2009 mods will work...mostly, be sure to ask before you buy something (see tire pressure monitor "fail" thread lol)
Thanks for the replies. I ordered the sedan. I've been looking at possible exhaust mod as well as intake at the most along side new wheels because the 17" rims that are included with the value package are supposedly no longer available? thats from First Choice MSP.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I ordered the sedan. I've been looking at possible exhaust mod as well as intake at the most along side new wheels because the 17" rims that are included with the value package are supposedly no longer available? thats from First Choice MSP.
I am sorry, I dont know if I understand your next question
      11-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
tafan321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am sorry, I dont know if I understand your next question
When you order a BMW with the value package, it comes with 17" rim instead of 16". I have been told that BMW no longer has enough of the 17" rims for those people that ordered the value package. Has anyone else heard or have this problem?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

I have not heard this but order your car with the Value Package if it comes with 16' throw a bitch fit, get a free upgrade on something else or a different set of rims

They cannot screw you on an option you ordered...your order is a contract and they are bound by it
      11-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
tafan321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have not heard this but order your car with the Value Package if it comes with 16' throw a bitch fit, get a free upgrade on something else or a different set of rims

They cannot screw you on an option you ordered...your order is a contract and they are bound by it
Here's the e-mail i received regarding it:

"initially, with the value package It did include 17” rims, however after a couple of weeks of taking a lot more orders than I think they anticipated, they ran out of those rims and replaced them with the 16” rims. we did change the pricing sheet accordingly and I am sure this is the one I sent in my email, however I have just checked the website and the original sheet is still on there, so heads are about to ROLL at the website management company!!

sorry to have seemingly misled you… I have attached the updated price sheet, so you can see what I am talking about. as It says at the bottom, BMW do reserve the right to change the specs, but we should have been a bit sharper with our website."

so if i did go after getting them replaced, i'm not even sure what to get!. I currently have:
-Nav
-Xenon
-Moonroof
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #9
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

You placed the order BEFORE they informed you of the shortage...it is their bad not yours

When you placed the order those rims were the "bases of the bargain" they cannot change it without compensating you. Dont bend over and take it in the ass....

Unfortunately it has been a while since I have taken Contract Law so I can not give you all the legal arguments and causes of action but what I do remember is that they will be estopped (by promissory estoppel) from changing the items on you. They MUST make it right
      11-18-2009, 05:01 AM   #10
tafan321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll keep ya posted on what happens.
Appreciate 0