E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > please tell me the benefits of a FMIC

07-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #23
TrynaGoFast3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Conv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
7" is great for cars with Upgraded turbos, but if you don't have or plan on upgraded turbos a 5" size is fine.

Some brands to consider are VRSF, ER, AMS and ETS.

Mike
Is it true though, having a 7" or just an intercooler with 'too large' of a core for this car when not having upgraded turbos, that you will see a pressure drop and feel the turbos kick in a few hundred rpms later? But, those power gains (running a tune of course) and the extensive heat soak resistance is still there. Correct? Should there even be a worry about pressure drops? Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #24
deathbunny
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I don't know about the pressure drops and how they will effect your turbo spool. What I do know is I beat on my VRSF 5" pretty hard this week with ambient temps of 115+ and for normal aggressive street driving with the stock turbos the 5" seems to be plenty sufficient. With that said I do kinda wish I would of went with the 7", isn't it funny how that works out. I got the 5" because I planed on installing it myself so I wanted it to be as easy as possible. Then I ended up having it professionally installed anyway lol.
Edit I am not FBO yet, still waiting to get my DPs installed so only running Cobb Aggressive Stage 1+