E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Are Angel Eyes Worth It?

07-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
lsupwns
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

Are Angel Eyes Worth It?

I was thinking about doing angel eyes for my next cosmetic modification. I do not have xenon headlights so would it be worth the conversion to angel eyes? I've seen them with the yellow lights and they look cool but not nearly as nice as with xenon lights. I have looked into the conversion to xenon lights but it looks like it would cost a little over $1000 when I finally get down to it. Any advice on how to make the lighting look cooler on a pretty limited budget? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

You can go with aftermarket headlight solutions such as DEPO, but I would really reccomend you going OEM if you are to do it at all. The quality, lighting, no issues like condensation are all worth it in the end. You could also try to pickup a used set on the forums for cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
You can go with aftermarket headlight solutions such as DEPO, but I would really reccomend you going OEM if you are to do it at all. The quality, lighting, no issues like condensation are all worth it in the end. You could also try to pickup a used set on the forums for cheaper.
+1 would not recommend going aftermarket on headlights at all. That's just asking for fitment and quality issues.
      07-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Get a custom retrofit. You're in NJ so you have two shops to choose from; Lightmodz and Lightwerkz

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ht-Restoration

http://shop.lightwerkz.net/Complete-Retrofit-Kits
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
lsupwns
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
Get a custom retrofit. You're in NJ so you have two shops to choose from; Lightmodz and Lightwerkz

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ht-Restoration

http://shop.lightwerkz.net/Complete-Retrofit-Kits
Thanks so much for the information! Are you recommending the xenon conversion or just angel eyes? Do you have a guess at the pricing for this? Thanks and sorry I am pretty inexperienced with all of this.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
lsupwns
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I agree, save up the extra money for the quality since it is a BMW. What about the conversion to xenon? Is it possible without paying so much? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsupwns View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I agree, save up the extra money for the quality since it is a BMW. What about the conversion to xenon? Is it possible without paying so much? Thanks.
ECS TUNING HAS LCI HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS WITH ANGEL EYES OEM
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
lsupwns
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
ECS TUNING HAS LCI HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS WITH ANGEL EYES OEM
I know it's easy to find angel eyes and all of the different options with halogen, I was just wondering if I should switch to xenon first and if its reasonable price wise.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
USC2000
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport

Quote:
Thanks so much for the information! Are you recommending the xenon conversion or just angel eyes? Do you have a guess at the pricing for this? Thanks and sorry I am pretty inexperienced with all of this.
Just make a quick phone call and tell them what you are looking for and i'm sure they'll get you a price.
      07-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
lsupwns
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC2000 View Post
Just make a quick phone call and tell them what you are looking for and i'm sure they'll get you a price.
Good plan I'll do that as soon as I get off of work. Thanks guys, you've been a big help as I've been trying to learn about all of these new modifications that I can do to my first BMW!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

I don't think I'd spend $1000 to upgrade my headlights unless I was having trouble seeing at night with the ones I already have and I knew the upgrade would allow me to see better. FWIW, my car has the xenon lights and my cousin's doesn't. I can see fine at night driving both cars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
lsupwns
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I don't think I'd spend $1000 to upgrade my headlights unless I was having trouble seeing at night with the ones I already have and I knew the upgrade would allow me to see better. FWIW, my car has the xenon lights and my cousin's doesn't. I can see fine at night driving both cars.
It's honestly not the visibility that's an issue, I just love the look of the xenon headlights especially with angel eyes. Halogen with angel eyes looks good but I'm wondering if I should upgrade to xenon and install angel eyes for the look that I want. I'm also hoping that this wouldn't be ridiculously expensive but I have a feeling it would be. I'll make a few calls later today and see if I can get a pricing on it. Any idea what a professionally installed set of angel eyes would cost (I know they vary on the type of angel eyes but just a guess)?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was recommending both, actually. You can have them do a full custom HID projector retrofit and at the same time have them install LED angel eyes. It would be cheaper than purchasing brand new OEM headlights which are in the ballpark range of $1200+ if I'm not mistaken.

I don't have a clue on what pricing would be. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe anywhere between $600-$1000? Call them and tell them what you need done and they can assist you better.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #14
lsupwns
Private
Rep

Quote:
I was recommending both, actually. You can have them do a full custom HID projector retrofit and at the same time have them install LED angel eyes. It would be cheaper than purchasing brand new OEM headlights which are in the ballpark range of $1200+ if I'm not mistaken.

I don't have a clue on what pricing would be. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe anywhere between $600-$1000? Call them and tell them what you need done and they can assist you better.
Awesome I didn't know that was possible. This would give the same bright white/blue look of the xenons? I'll give them a call and save up some money so that I could do this. Thanks so much!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome I didn't know that was possible. This would give the same bright white/blue look of the xenons? I'll give them a call and save up some money so that I could do this. Thanks so much!
Correct. Your headlights will look OEM, if not better.

Lightmodz and Lightwerkz both perform some phenomenal work.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
lsupwns
Private
Rep

Quote:
Correct. Your headlights will look OEM, if not better.

Lightmodz and Lightwerkz both perform some phenomenal work.
Thanks so much for helping me find someplace local too. I have had some great experiences with local shops and working with a real person has been very helpful. I would love to have this look since I just think it give the car much more character.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks so much for helping me find someplace local too. I have had some great experiences with local shops and working with a real person has been very helpful. I would love to have this look since I just think it give the car much more character.
No problem, keep us posted with how they turn out once you get them done.
Appreciate 0