E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > RENN spec

Closed Thread

02-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep
Drives: MINIVAN

Garage List
Angry RENN spec

PLEASE NOTE RENN SPEC HAS RESOLVED THIS ISSUE AND HAS MADE IT UP TO ME AND I WILL BE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM

I know this is the wrong place for this but i feel more people will see it here... so about a week ago i placed an order for some springs with renn spec as they started they would have them sooner then any other vendor (xi springs are sold out everywhere) ... so i gave them a $100 deposit. NOT ONCE was the word NONREFUNDABLE used.

after reading some reviews about them i decided i was just going to go with KW V3's. So i sent a polite e-mail stating that i would not need the springs and that i would like my deposit back (springs were no due in for another month and a half btw). and this is what i get back from them.

Hi David,

I’m sorry to hear that; however, since this is a special order item and we have already back ordered this part for you, a refund is not allowed.

I’d be happy to use the credit you have with us towards a different suspension setup. We are currently having a special promotion on KW coilovers at the moment and I’ll be able to get a good deal of discount for you.

Please let me know if I can assist further. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Best,

--
Gary | RENN Spec
18320 Bedford Circle
La Punte, CA 91744

So yeah im pissed because they are lying out there ass right now and just want to keep my money.. i know for a fact and H&R themselves is sold out of these springs so if anything they just placed an order with them and didnt drop a dime... i hate this special order backordered bs he is giving me!

BUT! i decided to try and work with it and see if he can beat/match the other vendors prices for kw v3's... although i would much rather give my money to any other vendor on this forum. So i tell him that i want the V3's, state the other prices i was quoted, and this is what i get back;

Dave,

I’m really sorry about not making things clear when you placed your order L
The Xi models are rare and most vendors, including ourselves, do not stock application for this car, which means they have to be special ordered from suppliers.

The V3 for your e92 328xi coupe is msrp: $2295; your price is $1800.00 including free ground shipping to 10514. This system is not in stock and will be a special order item. If you are interested I will check on available ETA.

Thanks.

--
Gary | RENN Spec
18320 Bedford Circle
La Punte, CA 91744

funny that still more then i was quoted EVERYWHERE ELSE THAT HAS THEM IN STOCK!

Hey GARY sorry aint getting my money back now is it .. and who the $@%! uses a little sad face in a business email! MAN UP AND GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK !!! ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU DID NOT MAKE THINGS CLEAR HENCE I SHOULD NOT PAY FOR IT !!!

SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS

please people dont make the same mistake i did by giving the horrible company a dime of your money

Last edited by MrWhite1015; 02-04-2009 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Proper Motion LLC
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

I'll stay away. Thanks for your input.
      02-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
GAMEOVR
SPRCHRGD E93 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mthreezzzy

I can't say much about Renn Spec, but the KWV3's are sure as nice. You will love yourself and your car more for going with adjustable suspension, just due to drop and lift options you have. Just be careful and don't go too low, or you'll end up like me, with a cracked fender! LOL....... Anyhow enjoy and be safe.

Hopefully this problem gets fixed.
      02-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep

Garage List
btw this thread will stay active until i get my money back ... i dont care if i need to bump it every day for a year!!
      02-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
Jimmeh
Major General
Rep
Drives: Ms. Daisy

sounds like RENN SPEC should go eat a bowl o dicks
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
Holden_Caulfield04
Pro Detailer
Canada
Rep
Drives: e46 BMW

What's role does a deposit serve if you can withdraw it at any time? As an entrepreneur myself, I will side with Renn Spec on this one,
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
dreamk
Banned
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
sounds like RENN SPEC should go eat a bowl o dicks
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
What's role does a deposit serve if you can withdraw it at any time? As an entrepreneur myself, I will side with Renn Spec on this one,
it was never stated that it was non refundable... they were not going to that the parts in for months... they will not lose a dime by me getting my money back
      02-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
also when you go into a car dealership and put a deposit down.... and you change your mind they should be able to keep that money ?
      02-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #10
AdamJ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The deposit is on your credit card I assume, simply do a charge back with your credit card company. Done deal.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #11
DenverJayhawk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

if RennSpec has not yet ordered the parts, then I agree they should refund your deposit. This shows good business practice and PR.

If they have already spent money ordering your parts and making them ready for shipping, then you should keep your side of the obligation.

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #12
GAMEOVR
SPRCHRGD E93 M3
United_States
Rep

The unit is on back order? If you are in a business or do any business in any market, if the item is back ordered, you don't get charged at all until the item is shipped. Meaning the item can be on back order for 2 years, would you put your money on something like that? I don't think so.

Absent an agreement to the contrary, a deposit is normally refundable. But where you perform services for somebody and they know you are performing the services, even in the absence of a contract you have a claim for "quantum meruit" - compensation for the value of the work performed. They are not really performing a service or making something custom made, since that doesn't apply here. They held a spot in which the customer wasn't informed right from the get-go, as they even stated in their e-mails, themselves.
      02-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #13
Holden_Caulfield04
Pro Detailer
Canada
Rep

IMO a deposit is always non-refundable unless otherwise noted. An example of an acceptable example for a refund of a deposit, would be the purchase of a car from a dealership and an unforeseen factor such as extraordinarily high insurance could prevent its purchase. In that instance, I could see a refund as a reasonable idea. If you have a change of heart, well, that's why we take deposits am I right?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #14
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
IMO a deposit is always non-refundable unless otherwise noted. An example of an acceptable example for a refund of a deposit, would be the purchase of a car from a dealership and an unforeseen factor such as extraordinarily high insurance could prevent its purchase. In that instance, I could see a refund as a reasonable idea. If you have a change of heart, well, that's why we take deposits am I right?
no your not ... maybe thats how they do things in canada but not here
      02-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
The unit is on back order? If you are in a business or do any business in any market, if the item is back ordered, you don't get charged at all until the item is shipped. Meaning the item can be on back order for 2 years, would you put your money on something like that? I don't think so.

Absent an agreement to the contrary, a deposit is normally refundable. But where you perform services for somebody and they know you are performing the services, even in the absence of a contract you have a claim for "quantum meruit" - compensation for the value of the work performed. They are not really performing a service or making something custom made, since that doesn't apply here. They held a spot in which the customer wasn't informed right from the get-go, as they even stated in their e-mails, themselves.

damn! you in lawschool ?
      02-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #16
Alias
dork
Rep
Drives: //M

Everytime I have placed a deposit on something, it was refundable. Just do a CC charge back and buy from another
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #17
Holden_Caulfield04
Pro Detailer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
no your not ... maybe thats how they do things in canada but not here
I know, it's so extraordinarily different - our two systems, separated by Lake Ontario. It's not even a big lake.

The point is this, a deposit is a promise for a sale. When you negate that promise, you forfeit your deposit. Now, Renn Spec has been exceptionally fair in my opinion. They've offered you credit for the item you wish to purchase (if I understand you correctly). Why are you still attempting to damage their good name?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #18
JerezBlacke92
Jabowocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black

Quote:
I know, it's so extraordinarily different - our two systems, separated by Lake Ontario. It's not even a big lake.

The point is this, a deposit is a promise for a sale. When you negate that promise, you forfeit your deposit. Now, Renn Spec has been exceptionally fair in my opinion. They've offered you credit for the item you wish to purchase (if I understand you correctly). Why are you still attempting to damage their good name?
In a free market everything is negotiable. If these guys want to continue doing high end automotive business, then they might want to reconsider padding their account with deposits. Especially if they didn't have to put a deposit down to order anything.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
GAMEOVR
SPRCHRGD E93 M3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
damn! you in lawschool ?
My sister is practicing to be a lawyer, I work for my father in real estate.... :-) So I know a few things based on law, but it's just common knowledge that should be practiced by a vendor.
      02-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #20
MrWhite1015
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerezBlacke92 View Post
In a free market everything is negotiable. If these guys want to continue doing high end automotive business, then they might want to reconsider padding their account with deposits. Especially if they didn't have to put a deposit down to order anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
My sister is practicing to be a lawyer, I work for my father in real estate.... :-) So I know a few things based on law, but it's just common knowledge that should be practiced by a vendor.
your the only one supporting them... im gonna go with what everyone else is saying... the part is backordered they have not spent a dime getting these parts as they are on national backorder... i was willing to work with them but their price on the kw v3's is about $300 bucks higher then what i was quoted from other vendors
      02-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #21
Psylight
Brigadier General
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Teh Space Gray E92 M 6MT

I agree with the OP here, ESPECIALLY if RENN spec quoted a price higher than that of other in stock vendors.

As far as my experience, deposits that are non-refundable are very clearly disclosed as such.

Last edited by Psylight; 02-04-2009 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #22
Hoothout
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 328i

Garage List
2008 e92 328i  [0.00]
RENN Spec is filled with lies and poor business practices, just look at their "TWINCHARGED 325" that they wont show us a dyno for.

liers
iDrive,Premium Pkg,Sport Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Black Dakota Leather,GP Thunder 8500k cornering,drl,and foglights, ,Blacked Out Grills,Painted Reflectors,Shadowline Emblems,Hardwired Beltronics V-995, AFE Intake, Muffler Delete, Berger tune
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread