E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Georgia thread

01-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #925
alxnder
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Hey guys, I'm from Marietta. I just bought the 07 e92 335i.
It has had everything replaced from HPFP to turbos so lets hope all goes well.
I have 84,000 miles on it anyone know if that's around the time to do the walnut blasting? I have read very little about it.
And would like to know if its to late for a transmission fluid change? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 08:18 PM   #926
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxnder View Post
Hey guys, I'm from Marietta. I just bought the 07 e92 335i.
It has had everything replaced from HPFP to turbos so lets hope all goes well.
I have 84,000 miles on it anyone know if that's around the time to do the walnut blasting? I have read very little about it.
And would like to know if its to late for a transmission fluid change? Thanks
First off - Congrats on the car. Hope you enjoy it... Here is what I'd do with that car.... first off, if everything has been replaced as you said - that is good - I'd ask somebody at a BMW dealer to pull up the service records and see if the sparks have been changed. I'd then probably make the investment in the walnut blasting (and change the sparks at the same time if you have the cash - and if they haven't been done in the last 45k miles). Then I would talk to whoever does the blast about the fluid changes - It is getting time for that to happen also... Do you know the history of the car you purchased? If its been passed around between people (more than 1 owner), then I'd make sure I did a good oil change, fluid changes, etc... never know who drove the car before you...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #927
alxnder
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Yes, i have all the service records. Global Imports
1 owner took very good care of the car. My service light came on 2 days ago. Time for spark plugs, so i guess ill do all of the above.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #928
Famous87
Rep
Drives: Silver

Whats up...Again...

I posted in this thread in early December right when I got my 335i. Well about two and a half weeks later, the night after Christmas, I hit a deer.

The Damage

It happened in my hometown in North Carolina. The body shop, Crown Paint and Body, said it would take 4 weeks to fix and that I could get it on the 24th. They said I could pick it up on 17th a week early and after about 5 minutes of driving my fiance who was driving ahead of me said the drivers side headlight was dim. After further inspection it was clear that they didn't code/align it. Then the DTC failure light came on. So I took it to the Crown dealership as instructed. It turned out that the aftermarket headlight assembly was not working correctly and that they would install a new BMW unit, and that the steering angle sensor had gone bad.

I finally got the car back last weekend and so far so good, however the hood needs to be adjusted, which I'll have to take it to them next time I'm in town.

Total cost was about $8,500-9,000.

I went to the Caffeine and Octane yesterday but it was late, about 10:20ish, I looked at a couple of 1 and 3 series parked next to each other that I thought might have belonged to some of you. Next month I'll definitely get there earlier.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 05:53 AM   #929
///Cardia
///M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 F87

FBGA/ Columbus Ethusiasts?

Hello all, any bimmer ethusiasts that are in the Columbus/ Fort Benning area are welcome to joining our club. Golden Arrow and I are still working the details, but if you're interested PM me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 06:32 AM   #930
andysat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93

Hi all has any of you seen Walking Dead being filmed?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #931
shadow191
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

Years back I was nearby when they blocked streets to film in downtown, but of course that was before we had any idea of what the Walking Dead was since it was before the 1st season. Now most of the filming is south of Atlanta, maybe an hour south.

Within the last year though, we've had street closures around my office for several movies filming of F&F 7, Insurgent (they were setting up ziplines at the top of office buildings which was pretty cool) and a bunch of other random movies. The tax rebate GA gives is pretty generous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysat View Post
Hi all has any of you seen Walking Dead being filmed?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 09:52 PM   #932
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Atlanta tint shops.. Anyone know I
Of any reputable shops, premium tint etc with a warranty.
      01-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #933
sukutash
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, 2020 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Atlanta tint shops.. Anyone know I
Of any reputable shops, premium tint etc with a warranty.
www.customsuncontrol.com

986 Cobb Parkway South
Marietta, GA
(770) 424-8225

Used them on my last 4 cars. Awesome work with attention to detail. Not cheap though, they use Formula 1 tint.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #934
chandleerr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Garage List
2009 Bmw 335i  [0.00]
solarworks
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 04:12 PM   #935
andysat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93

Hey thanks for replying great series!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #936
FangsOut
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i AT M-Sport

First Post / Introduction

Hello Everyone,

This will be my first post. I am posting in this thread because I currently live in Atlanta.

I have grown up in BMWs. That is not to say that I am particularly knowledgeable about them, because I am not. I have no mechanical background and no sport or competitive driving experience. I just love them. When I was in the 3rd grade, my parents bought our family’s first BMW, a very slightly used 1995 E38 740iL from the German Embassy in Washington, DC. It became my car to drive senior year of high school and I kept it through college and after. That car was in my family over 15 years before we sold it a few years ago for a couple grand. Not bad. It racked up over 200k miles without any major issues.

After the 7series was sold, I began to drive a 2003 E39 530i that my parents were ready to get rid of. It was nearly 10 years old, had about 120K miles, and fit my needs perfectly. About a year ago, it started having some issues… expensive issues. I was extremely fortunate to have been able to use my parents’ hand-me-down cars as my own up to that point (as long as I paid for the insurance, gas, and general maintenance), but it was time for me to purchase my own car. I had been working hard, making a good salary, and saving for a few years. In early November, I purchased a 2011 E90 335i AT M-Sport with approximately 20k miles on it. Originally I had been looking for a MT, but eventually I got impatient and decided that an AT would actually be better for me since this is now my daily driver and Atlanta traffic can sometimes be a pain. Needless to say, I have fallen in love with this car.

I have 8 months remaining on the original manufacturer’s warranty and 2 years of certified pre-owned warranty after that. I don’t want to make modifications that will cause a major stink at the dealership during the 8 months remaining on the original warranty. I am ok with making more significant modifications in the CPO period. My understanding is that the warranty on any particular part will be voided by a modification if the modification can possibly be responsible for causing the part to fail. The entire warranty can also be voided if it is determined that the car has been modified for racing.

The car is used as a daily driver, occasionally spirited, and rarely tracked. With that in mind, I would like to make modifications that are targeted towards daily street performance rather than race performance.

Longevity, durability, and reliability are extremely important. I plan to have this car for 10+ years and I do not want to be doing major repair work down the line if it can be avoided. Any modification I make will need to keep that in mind. I will not hesitate to spend more for the better part (due to design, material, or construction) especially if it will potentially have a positive impact on longevity, durability, and reliability. I understand that there is a significant amount of horsepower that can be extracted from the stock motor through various modifications and tuning, but increasing hp/torque is not my only goal. Quality over quantity is what I’m after. A 35% increase in horsepower should be more than enough for me.

Below is a list of the performance modifications I would like to make.

Group 1 (to be completed all at once ASAP)
1) Downpipe
2) Chargepipe
3) Oil Catch Can
4) Drop-in Filter
5) Custom Tune

Group 2 (to be completed after I come off original factory warranty)
6) Front Mounted Intercooler
7) Custom Exhaust
8) Limited Slip Differential

Group 3 (when time and money permit)
9) Intake
10) Oil Cooler
11) Suspension/Handling Modifications

I look forward to being an active member on this forum and getting to know many of you. Pictures to come.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 05:42 PM   #937
DocNewman0120
All Stock for now
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I too am in the same boat. I will be waiting till the warranty expires and them I am thinking of doing upgrades turbos, full exhaust, FMIC,ect. Pretty much wanting to be incredibly fast while still looking like a sleeper. I have the xdrive model as I used to live in Nor cal and would go boarding at Tahoe so I needed the xdrive. Any local clubs close to valdosta Ga?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #938
AWPower
Rep
Drives: 08 VW R32, 11 E90 335i M sport

Hey. I am the proud new owner of a sharp looking 2011 E90 335i Msport. I have always loved the looks of the E90 and once I test drove thus car, I knew I had to buy it.

I am living in Atlanta and wanted to get a feel for how the dealers in the area are about modifications. Being a VW owner I am familiar with the some dealers having a strict/ zero tolerance policies for cars that are modded. What are some of your experiences with thr BMW dealers in Atlanta? I bought the BMW CPO, so I act least have a few 3 years of warranty on the car. I purchased the vehicle from Global Impprts, they seem like a good dealer but again the word stealership rings in my head from experiences.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #939
Bdifferent
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWPower View Post
Hey. I am the proud new owner of a sharp looking 2011 E90 335i Msport. I have always loved the looks of the E90 and once I test drove thus car, I knew I had to buy it.

I am living in Atlanta and wanted to get a feel for how the dealers in the area are about modifications. Being a VW owner I am familiar with the some dealers having a strict/ zero tolerance policies for cars that are modded. What are some of your experiences with thr BMW dealers in Atlanta? I bought the BMW CPO, so I act least have a few 3 years of warranty on the car. I purchased the vehicle from Global Impprts, they seem like a good dealer but again the word stealership rings in my head from experiences.
I've read from several other post the Global provides the best service. I take mine to Nalley in Decatur. I had only one issue with the service rep but he compensated me with some all weather mats. I've read nothing good about South Atlanta.
      02-17-2015, 02:53 PM   #940
AWPower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdifferent View Post
I've read from several other post the Global provides the best service. I take mine to Nalley in Decatur. I had only one issue with the service rep but he compensated me with some all weather mats. I've read nothing good about South Atlanta.
Good to know about Nalley. Im closer the them then to Global. I just want a few harmless mods on my car without getting harassed
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 12:34 AM   #941
AWPower
Rep

Anyone running catless downpipe(s) in the 13 county emission areas?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #942
chandleerr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Garage List
2009 Bmw 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWPower View Post
Anyone running catless downpipe(s) in the 13 county emission areas?
i am but i changed my address to a non emissions area in GA. if you have the n55 their isnt a DP fix for it so you will fail emissions. if you have the n54 you can get the dp fix and pass emissions. otherwise you have to swap your stock ones in there to pass.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #943
AWPower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandleerr View Post
i am but i changed my address to a non emissions area in GA. if you have the n55 their isnt a DP fix for it so you will fail emissions. if you have the n54 you can get the dp fix and pass emissions. otherwise you have to swap your stock ones in there to pass.
N55 here. I'm contemplating swapping a week before emissions and clearing the codes not sure yet
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #944
xavier335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i sport pkg dinan 2

Anyone from augusta ga ??? !
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #945
StereoSteve
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 / 86 K75

body shop N. Georgia

I'm in Alpharetta and wanted some advice on some of the body shops around town.

anybody know a reputable bmw shop to repair my passenger side fender?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #946
5tony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5/'15 X5 35i/'88 M3

Closest quality shop to you is Performance Auto Collision on Hembree near Harrison Motorsports.