E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Detailed test results of Juicebox Stg 1 this morning.

08-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #23
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Im actually excited about getting the JB stage 2 now. These are significant real world gains for very little investment.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #24
A418t81
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ever changing fleet

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
The S2 has a much larger "seat of the pants" change to it than the S1 does. You'll like it a lot.
      08-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #25
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
Im actually excited about getting the JB stage 2 now. These are significant real world gains for very little investment.
Whether or not you are trying I can't determine, but you couldn't sound more like a salesman posing as regular member. LOL.

Reminds me of those planted audience memebers in the typical infomercial... "What? You mean I get ALL this, plus that, for only $19.99?!?! Wow, what an amazing deal. Why you'd be stupid to not buy one."

"Yes, and if you act now, you'll also get our miracle fuel pump cure all!"

"I'll take three! They'll make great gifts."

Intersting that all these JB threads pop up and sound like this as soon as Terry was banned. There seems be the same, small handful of people praising and defending JB in every one of these threads too. Amazing coincidence? They are the only people that bought the JB? Terry still has like 9 aliases? I don't know, just pointing out an observation.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #26
A418t81
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ever changing fleet

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Whether or not you are trying I can't determine, but you couldn't sound more like a salesman posing as regular member. LOL.

Reminds me of those planted audience memebers in the typical infomercial... "What? You mean I get ALL this, plus that, for only $19.99?!?! Wow, what an amazing deal. Why you'd be stupid to not buy one."

Intersting that all these JB threads pop up and sound like this as soon as Terry was banned. There seems be the same, small handful of people praising and defending JB in every one of these threads too. Amazing coincidence? They are the only people that bought the JB? Terry still has like 9 aliases? I don't know, just pointing out an observation.
I'm wearing my tin foil hat as I type this to you now
      08-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #27
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:

You are not the only one seeing this.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #28
Beer Goggles
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92, 6MT, Sport

Quote:

I'm not an alias, and since he just released his products of course you'll see threads about them.

But the funny part is that you think that other "$3 resistor" boxes are more than what they are because of their price.

If you could explain how "things blow up" with the data presented, which looks lots like other "$9 boxes" feel free. Until then you're just spitting out the same bias BS about something you don't seem to understand.

If you bought a procede/AA/JB enjoy it. They all do about the same thing, and really if you think one will "blow up" your engine (very vague on what happens on that...probably for a reason right) then all of them will blow up.

Real Piggy Backs all you to tune all the functions to a specific car. Blanket tunes really aren't the best way to do things....in ANY case.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #29
astris
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
I'm not an alias, and since he just released his products of course you'll see threads about them.

But the funny part is that you think that other "$3 resistor" boxes are more than what they are because of their price.

If you could explain how "things blow up" with the data presented, which looks lots like other "$9 boxes" feel free. Until then you're just spitting out the same bias BS about something you don't seem to understand.

If you bought a procede/AA/JB enjoy it. They all do about the same thing, and really if you think one will "blow up" your engine (very vague on what happens on that...probably for a reason right) then all of them will blow up.

Real Piggy Backs all you to tune all the functions to a specific car. Blanket tunes really aren't the best way to do things....in ANY case.
Defensive much? It's a box... not your mother's honor or a product you created or are trying to help sell... or is it? lol.

I don't recall making a single statement about the product, things blowing up, or other tuning solutions. So... yeah. A little edgy for a customer, haha.

btw, I own an e46 m3, don't think any of the piggybacks will help me much. Just an outside party making some observations. Some people happen to notice the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #30
Kbueno
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 05:40 PM   #31
Beer Goggles
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Defensive much? It's a box... not your mother's honor or a product you created or are trying to help sell... or is it? lol.

I don't recall making a single statement about the product, things blowing up, or other tuning solutions. So... yeah. A little edgy for a customer, haha.

btw, I own an e46 m3, don't think any of the piggybacks will help me much. Just an outside party making some observations. Some people happen to notice the same thing.

The quote above yours is one that should have been quoted. I'm not edgy nor car who owns what. I am simply pointing out that the claims people make aren't true, nor necessarily based on any fact.

When I look at the AF of the JB/TT they look pretty close if not giving the better condition to the JB.

I was one step from getting a TT, and Terry offered me to install it and if I didn't like it take it out in the same day. When I asked that of TT I got the "We don't do that" response. Nothing bad, just understanding how it worked and what it did, didn't make me think that one was "safer" than another.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 05:45 PM   #32
astris
Major
Rep

Quote:
The quote above yours is one that should have been quoted. I'm not edgy nor car who owns what. I am simply pointing out that the claims people make aren't true, nor necessarily based on any fact.

When I look at the AF of the JB/TT they look pretty close if not giving the better condition to the JB.

I was one step from getting a TT, and Terry offered me to install it and if I didn't like it take it out in the same day. When I asked that of TT I got the "We don't do that" response. Nothing bad, just understanding how it worked and what it did, didn't make me think that one was "safer" than another.
Did Terry offer you this by blanket spam PM? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 05:55 PM   #33
Beer Goggles
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Did Terry offer you this by blanket spam PM? Sorry, couldn't resist.
I also got spamed by TT, but that's how I started to look at the options.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #34
catdog
Banned
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997S

Quote:

Well i was kinda waiting to get the procede then i ran across the jb and s1 for $99 was kind of a low risk option to practice doing bypass of the dme connector etc. then i decided to "splurge" on the s2 fully intent on going to procede later. The reason i am quite excited about it is because of the great numbers vs. my p-car and nice driveability all of this for $349 so if i sound like one of those tv commercials it's because i can't remember the last time you got so much for so little, thanks to bmw and its 3l tt engine and this product, what a great contrast to the nebulous 5-8 hp one got for spending 2-3 times more in the e46 m3. I dealt with Terry via email and he was courteous and i got my jb 2 days after sending him paypal. Not advertising for anyone and fully intending to get more power shortly by going to procede.

I actually tried to have Terry drop the price on the JB2 to match the decrease in price of JB1 he was running for this montj but he did not bite... (what a cheapskate i am huh?). TT would have been simpler but was thinking the richer a/f on JB may help (courtesy of Mr. 5's dynos)

BMW did a great thing by bringing this engine to us all and i can only imagine what it will do in a lightly optioned 135i weighing 200lbs less than a 335i...

As it is, i feel my car's brakes and suspension are not quite up to snuff with the rest of the package, v2 should make it feel like a 60's hot rod...loving it!

To those that still think this is all BS, why don't you try it yourself and send it back if you're not happy, i think there is a money back guarantee for 7-10 days...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #35
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Last edited by kaji335i; 08-28-2007 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #36
Jeff@Eurobahn.us
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: European

Quote:
I also got spamed by TT, but that's how I started to look at the options.
Who spammed you that sells TT? And by spammed, you were sent an unsolicited PM?

Jeff
Eurobahn
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #37
Bubbarossa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@Eurobahn.us View Post
Who spammed you that sells TT? And by spammed, you were sent an unsolicited PM?

Jeff
Eurobahn
I thought he meant the "Terry Tuner", i could be wrong tho.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 10:49 PM   #38
hotrod182
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
You are not the only one seeing this.
First of all, I am definitely not one of his aliases. I too own an E46 M3, but was intrigued by how well the 335i responds to mods. I previously had only talked to Terry once at the track a while back. Other than that I didn't know him. However after seeing good results from JB equipped cars on Drag Times, I was intrigued and contacted Terry about his product. After having it installed, I am more than pleased, and actually surprised by how well the car performs with the simple mod. Happy enough to report about it and share the positive experience. This is what is nice about open forums. I like to hear about others experiences, and hopefully others find my posts informative too. No suspicious intents here. I mean it's not like I invested in a 1000 shares of stock in Juice Box Corporation, LOL. Hey, considering this thread is only a few days old with over 1200 views, and relatively minimal negative comments, I would say people ARE INTERESTED in all the various tuning options out there. If not, they never would have taken the effort to click on a thread labeled "Juice Box Test Results." The more we hear and read, the more we can make intelligent decisions on what modifications fit our individual needs. I think most of us on here can decide what is real and what is not. What mods seem effective, and which seem to have some issues. The more info the better. If another tuner comes out with something...I WANT TO READ ABOUT IT, and I know many others feel this way too?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 06:20 AM   #39
SteveMD
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 535i MSport

As someone who runs a large vB board, the software collects a ton of IP data. If any of these chaps happened to be muiltiple accounts or even TB himself, they would know about it.

The software knows every IP you ever posted from.

I'm not saying that a really meticulous determined person couldn't do it but one post from the wrong IP would expose any dupes/ghosts or TB himself.
2016 F10 535i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 06:31 AM   #40
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

I am glad you are happy w/ the JB...I even appreciate the test results posts. The thing that is tiresome for me is that there is almost always some sort of sales pitch added to these posts...like your comments on the top of this page. I can understand that some of the JB advocates feel that they need to "spread the gospel" about Terry's product, but I think that can be done w/out the sales pitch...if the JB is as good as you feel it is, it should be able to stand on its own w/out a sales pitch. You have to understand some of us know Terry only through what/how he posted in this forum and him using aliases is a known fact...so when these threads pop up w/ what looks like a sales pitch...people will notice and get suspicious.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #41
bnj
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

^He said he is excited about it - not that others should be. There are a lot more people saying that they are excited about Procede (V1/V2) with some reasoning. Many of those guys suggest the others to buy Procede... I agree, people should have no specific reason to "spread the gospel" on any of the products. Bias based on the own choice is a well known fact in sociology. Technical and price merits and objectivity are easily forgotten as there is the need to prove oneself that the purchasing decision has been the right one. It is always a pleasure to see someone who is able to give credit to other choices than his own. That shows some self confidence on the own decisions.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 08:04 AM   #42
hotrod182
Rep

Yup, if you condemned every current Procede unit owner that says they are excited about trying out the version 2.0, I think you would have most of the current Procede owners covered. But you know what?, I am one of those very interested in the Procede 2.0 also when it comes out, but of course, I want to hear as much testimony as possible about it first. I want to hear that people are in love with it, and recommend it to others. And if there are negative reviews, I will definitely take note. Nothing surprising about that decision making process.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #43
Lee Rambler
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335 6mt, 04 e53 x5 4.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
First of all, I am definitely not one of his aliases. I too own an E46 M3, but was intrigued by how well the 335i responds to mods. I previously had only talked to Terry once at the track a while back. Other than that I didn't know him. However after seeing good results from JB equipped cars on Drag Times, I was intrigued and contacted Terry about his product. After having it installed, I am more than pleased, and actually surprised by how well the car performs with the simple mod. Happy enough to report about it and share the positive experience. This is what is nice about open forums. I like to hear about others experiences, and hopefully others find my posts informative too. No suspicious intents here. I mean it's not like I invested in a 1000 shares of stock in Juice Box Corporation, LOL. Hey, considering this thread is only a few days old with over 1200 views, and relatively minimal negative comments, I would say people ARE INTERESTED in all the various tuning options out there. If not, they never would have taken the effort to click on a thread labeled "Juice Box Test Results." The more we hear and read, the more we can make intelligent decisions on what modifications fit our individual needs. I think most of us on here can decide what is real and what is not. What mods seem effective, and which seem to have some issues. The more info the better. If another tuner comes out with something...I WANT TO READ ABOUT IT, and I know many others feel this way too?
I for one share your view, and thank you for sharing the info.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #44
Lee Rambler
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335 6mt, 04 e53 x5 4.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
I am glad you are happy w/ the JB...I even appreciate the test results posts. The thing that is tiresome for me is that there is almost always some sort of sales pitch added to these posts...like your comments on the top of this page. I can understand that some of the JB advocates feel that they need to "spread the gospel" about Terry's product, but I think that can be done w/out the sales pitch...if the JB is as good as you feel it is, it should be able to stand on its own w/out a sales pitch. You have to understand some of us know Terry only through what/how he posted in this forum and him using aliases is a known fact...so when these threads pop up w/ what looks like a sales pitch...people will notice and get suspicious.
take what you said and directly apply it to the procede posts, and then mulitply it by 100... don't get me wrong, I love all the info on procede as well, just saying what applies to one should apply to the other (and all the other piggybacks as well)
Appreciate 0