E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Wiring/harness for DRL AE's

01-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #23
Willsbma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah.s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsbma View Post
I emailed them for info and they said the harness is only for stock xenons, so I was gonna wire it myself.

Doing a little poking around with the multimeter and it looks like the DRL lead isn't a high enough voltage to run them, I'm not even sure that could trigger a relay to be honest. I'll have to tap a relay off of something that turns on with the unlock/ignition
I'm running that harness on these headlights.
There's no reason that it shouldn't work on any set of headlights. All it does is provide power to the angel eyes and sense when the low beams are on by tapping the low beam power. Your best option is to get the harness.
I'm just gonna make my own. I'll get a 5 pin and tap one lead to the ignition circuit, and one lead to the headlight circuit so that it switches over when the headlights are powered up. It's basically the same thing they're selling from what everyone keeps saying. Maybe a diode on the power lead to the ign lead but that should be it.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #24
Willsbma
First Lieutenant
Rep

I need to find an ignition terminal to tap in the engine compartment, anyone know something off hand?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #25
noah.s
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I need to find an ignition terminal to tap in the engine compartment, anyone know something off hand?
There is an accessory power wire you can tap into in the DME. Same wire used in the Daeos/Vista harness install. If you go to the site that sells the harness there is an install guide that should help out a bit. It's a small red wire w/ white stripe in the DME.

It comes on with key on, and will shut off most of the time about 5-10 seconds after key off. Sometimes it will stay on for like 5-10 minutes, don't really know what causes that.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #26
Willsbma
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah.s View Post
Quote:
There is an accessory power wire you can tap into in the DME. Same wire used in the Daeos/Vista harness install. If you go to the site that sells the harness there is an install guide that should help out a bit. It's a small red wire w/ white stripe in the DME.

It comes on with key on, and will shut off most of the time about 5-10 seconds after key off. Sometimes it will stay on for like 5-10 minutes, don't really know what causes that.
I'll take a look at the site, thank you. Guess if it doesn't snow this will be my little project!
Appreciate 0