E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > TX - Ever Got Failure to Display Front Plate Ticket?

10-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #45
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3RI35 View Post
It's for any plate... and they allow you to stack gift cards too if you order via phone (I did it in the past for mine).

I'd get them to do everything down to the wiper blades. Here's a story - last October, (15 days before my A4's warranty expired), took the car to the dealership for its last covered maintenance service. Got a phonecall later that day to find out that a tech crashed it into an 18-wheeler. Five months and many battles later with the dealer for their not wanting to accept responsibility, I decided to hop across the street and test drove a 335. The rest is history.
I think I heard about your experience with the Audi in another thread. That's terrible (but at least you made a move in the right direction to BMW )

I'm taking my car to an indy shop in the next couple weeks and paying them to do a complete inspection. My hope is that they'll uncover a few potential issues that I can either get covered under warranty or take care of myself before they become problems. So far the car has been solid, though, with only the expected issues (HPFP, Vanos). Does anyone happen to know if the battery is/can be covered under warranty? I don't think it is, but I've noticed a few symptoms that the battery might not be planning on lasting much longer.

Oh, and I will definitely take that MyPlates discount code off your hands if you're sure you're not going to use it! Shoot me a PM.

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #46
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
I think I heard about your experience with the Audi in another thread. That's terrible (but at least you made a move in the right direction to BMW )

I'm taking my car to an indy shop in the next couple weeks and paying them to do a complete inspection. My hope is that they'll uncover a few potential issues that I can either get covered under warranty or take care of myself before they become problems. So far the car has been solid, though, with only the expected issues (HPFP, Vanos). Does anyone happen to know if the battery is/can be covered under warranty? I don't think it is, but I've noticed a few symptoms that the battery might not be planning on lasting much longer.

Oh, and I will definitely take that MyPlates discount code off your hands if you're sure you're not going to use it! Shoot me a PM.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446367

Yup, battery replacement under warranty seems like a touchy issue. If they're hesitant, I'd be cordial about it and let them know it's not excluded according to the warranty guidelines. Otherwise, enjoy those new plates!
Appreciate 0