E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > The worst day of my life: Would appreciate help

10-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

The worst day of my life: Would appreciate help

Soo.. where to begin...

I have been selling my car for a month. Found a buyer offering me a good price for my E90. Went to great lengths over the past 2 weeks getting the car up to ship shape taking it out with him and getting inspected from his mechanics. Great! I sold my car! On my way to pick up my new s2000... when I find out this guy has lied to me and tampered with the odometer of his car which read 60,000.. the UVIP states 173,000. What a let-down.. I drive home with my head in my hand feeling depressed that I'm losing my beloved car with nothing good to replace it.... BAM!

Some asshole driving by himself in the carpool lane on Yonge St. smashes into my front end as he drives by................. WHILE I'M ON MY WAY TO SELL MY CAR.

So - it looks like I'm going to be keeping my beloved car till the very end.. almost as if it was meant to be. I am extremely upset at how the day went but realize it could be much worse.

The E90 suffers only bumper damage... and only a golf ball size bump on the fender that I'm sure can be easily fixed.. Also maybe needs a new set of right headlights.

So does anyone know how/what is the best way to get myself an M3 Rep bumper.. and what is a good auto/body shop that can paint it, install it and fix the minor imperfections on the surrounding area.

I might even need a new fender liner, not sure.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
Wow, talk about one of those days when you wish you stayed in bed, eh?
      10-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Iceburg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 B8.5

It's how you overcome the obstacles in life that determine your character..

3 choices in life....

1) give up
2) give in
3) give it all you got!

There's plenty of more rainy days ahead man, be thankful for what you have today, health, family etc..........

Shitty day though for sure, good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep

haha - thanks guys.. I don't look at it in the sense of "if only I had stayed here a minute longer.. if only I did this thing different" because then I could also be looking at it like - "perhaps this saved me from rolling my S2K one day and killing my self"

It could definitely be worse - but there is just no other word for my day other than BUMMER!!!!

It won't feel nice paying the insurance man a little bit more per month for years either.

Shit happens - The guy was a major rude asshole.. which really rubbed me the wrong way - very self entitled fat little man who wouldn't acknowledge me when I came by to check if he was okay.. instead he "shh'd" me and told me that I better watch out because he's called the cops. Cops basically told him that they can't be bothered and to just deal with it, so he continually paced around talking to his wife on the phone while ignoring the pleas I made to get the cars off the road so that the people coming home from work (it was rush hour) could get home to their families a little faster. He kept going on and on saying "buddy do you even know how much this will cost????!!! THOUSANDS".. (he drove some old buick SUV).. discounted the fact that I have a BMW and I know how much things cost. I've never met such a soulless evil little fat jewish man (not derogatory, he was an orthodox fat little jewish guy with a yamaka). He must live a terribly lonely and angry life.

ANYWAY - can anyone help out with getting me back on the road?!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 2011 E90 M3

Daaaaammmmn. Really sorry to hear but at least you'll still be in the e9x family and not rolling around in a scam of a s2k. As for an M3 bumper, if the damage is tolerable you may want to wait to see if Havok runs his GB as a sponsor again next spring. Seems like the prices were good and body work @ StreetXtreme got pretty good reviews.

At least tomorrow is a long weekend Friday.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

That sucks buddy, but at least your not hurt from the accident. Post some pics of the front end so we can see the extent of the damage.

Ps. You were trading your Bimmer for an s2000? lol No wonder the car Gods were upset with you.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
EPOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

S2000? You're not missing much, would have gotten sick of that car with the quickness anyways. Sucks about the accident.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
KPDoubleX
❤ 335i love ❤
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Go to velocity autobody in Markham. They paint match BMW's perfectly and align everything up like brand new.

PM me if you need help or want anymore details. Sorry to hear about your day!!!

Better days to come, keep your head up!

Last edited by KPDoubleX; 12-01-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
StyleBimma
Driven by passion. Fueled by dreams.
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i + F25 X3 35i M Sport

Garage List
Oh man, that sucks!!! Sorry to hear about all that.
I would recommend European Autobody. They do excellent work and provide outstanding service. Ask for Manuel, tell them Vlad sent you. 416-679-8722

Wish you all the best.
      10-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #10
KCX_335xi
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 | 2013 e70 X5

Oh man, sorry to hear about your troubles !

Your BMW can be fixed, and perhaps the original buyer might still have interest as the damage was not too extensive ?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for all the well wishes fellas.. I'm trying to keep my spirits up.. with spirits of course - I found that the worst part about owning an S2000 are the owners. Most beaten up, scammed, US import, cars you can buy.

Looks like I probably just need to order myself a new bumper and then give it in to a body shop to install/paint and then get the rest of the minor body work done.

Where's the best place to get the M3 rep bumper in Ontario? I'll try contacting Nick (havok).

What about trustworthy body shops? So far I got European Autobody, Streetextreme and Velocity.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #12
F82_Sterling
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SSII M

shit dude...sucks. i thought u were gonna jump on that 335? thats what u said last time we talked haha...anyways, believe it or not, when u saw my car that was the 2nd m3 bumper i put on, i destroyed my first one as well as my stock .____.

anyways, i needed it quick so i was desperate and found a source within the GTA, www.extremeparts.ca, i know the reviews for it have been shady but believe it or not my fitment is great, u can come and look at it if you'd like (not TOO sure about the e90 thought but i assume the same). The price is fair too, 499 primed for paint. get it painted and installed at another shop (streextreme maybe), anyways, u have my #, lmk
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
Built My Way
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: ...when not replacing gaskets

Garage List
Some bad luck there dude. Go with Iceburg's choice #3 and all the best.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
KiX1911
Blah
Canada
Rep
Drives: Awesomeness

I texted you last night about the spacers, like I said before, as long as you and the other person is safe thats all that matters. Metal can be replaced, lives cant.

I have driven several S2000... I wouldnt give up a 335 coupe for it...hell even a 328 coupe.

Just my opinion

Anyhoo youll be back on the road

Too bad that other guy couldn't go for a ride along with a Police officer for a night, then he would have a different prospective on life

Brad
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #15
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekC View Post
shit dude...sucks. i thought u were gonna jump on that 335? thats what u said last time we talked haha...anyways, believe it or not, when u saw my car that was the 2nd m3 bumper i put on, i destroyed my first one as well as my stock .____.

anyways, i needed it quick so i was desperate and found a source within the GTA, www.extremeparts.ca, i know the reviews for it have been shady but believe it or not my fitment is great, u can come and look at it if you'd like (not TOO sure about the e90 thought but i assume the same). The price is fair too, 499 primed for paint. get it painted and installed at another shop (streextreme maybe), anyways, u have my #, lmk
Thanks dude!! I took your advice went there and bought the M3 rep bumper - they even have them in stock $500 cash wasn't too bad of a price to pay. Going to take the car over to streetxtreme tomorrow to see what they say about the rest of the damage.

How much should I be looking to spend for paint/install?

Also the headlight housing cover has broken - not sure what to do about this. Any ideas?? The clips seem to be broken and the housing seems a little cracked from the inside.. is there anyway to fix this without replacing 1200$ xenons? And the outside/right side of the headlights have some scratches on them - how good can this be buffed out (I know it wont be perfect, but I'm not paying for a new set of xenons!)

Cheers

Derek - txt me your # again..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Carstar on Kingston rd. just east of morning side is pretty good. They have work guarantee and great prices; they'll take care of you. Tell John that Nelio sent you.

P.S. they do work for my insurance co. so you know they legit.

Cheers

N
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #17
335icandy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX Msport Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
That sucks buddy, but at least your not hurt from the accident. Post some pics of the front end so we can see the extent of the damage.

Ps. You were trading your Bimmer for an s2000? lol No wonder the car Gods were upset with you.
LOL couldn't have said it better myself! +1

I once tried to trade in one of my Bmw's for a comptech S2K... then I woke up from that bad dream and was thankful it never happened!
Appreciate 0