E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Avoid Vaughn Motorwerks in Zionsville, Indiana for poor service and damaging my ride

09-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #23
supercal29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2000 View Post
Your first and Only post on this forum is questioning me?? Crap shops are a dime a dozen in Indy. I must say, if I drove a beater, I wouldn't care who worked on it either.

If you want real quality work done at a fraction of the price, you have to take a trip to Chicago.

As I originally stated, Reggie's is crap. I can name more things they can Not do than they can. If you need an oil change or battery replacement, they may be able to pull it off.

Same goes for Vaughn, nothing but shit! Yes, they fired the idiot who damaged my ride but I could care less since they lost a customer for life! I will never get back my lost time and frustration! For me, time is money!
Technically I don't see a question anywhere in my reply so I fail to see where I questioned you. I merely stated that I was surprised by what happened at Vaughn because my experience was not the same. Sorry about what happened to your car but you took offense when none was given.

Last edited by supercal29; 09-03-2013 at 10:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #24
bas2000
AMG LOL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT like you stole it!!

bump for crap service

don't post here if you are a troll please and just created a new account for your two cents opinion bc it's not even worth that to me!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 07:19 AM   #25
PapiGndisme
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2000 View Post
I took my car into Vaughn Motorwerks in Zionsville, Indiana (Northwest side of Indianapolis) for some maintenance and it started to snow shortly after they were finished. So I drove my car home and washed it in the garage. A few days later, I opened the garage door and saw a dent inside out on my hood. I called them up and they denied it and told me to bring my car in five days later so the owner could take a look at it. I was already upset and told them I could bring my car in that day but they said No since the owner was too busy! So I bring my car in five days later and they finally admit to the dent on my hood and took it in to a PDR shop while I waited. They came back and gave me a low end Kia rental so I could return to work.

This whole ordeal cost me a lot of frustration, aggravation and 1/2 a day of PTO for missed work. I had to take time out of my day to take my car into their shop (30 minutes each way), wait for them to access the damage, wait more to get a rental car, and drive the rental back to work. Then I had to go back again to pick up my car and finally return home. I asked them what they would do for me about the lost time they cost me and frustration. They said nothing because they paid for the Kia rental and what tiny bit of gas I used in it. I can't recommend this shop for damaging a customer's car and not be forthcoming about it to begin with. They clearly don't respect my time and was unwilling to do anything to make up for it. Avoid Vaughn Motorwerks for poor service!

I also Avoid Reggie's Motorworks and Euro Motorworks around Indianapolis for their poor service, lack of tools and inability to get the job done.

None of the above mentioned shops should be allowed to work on BMW.

Yet another reason why there are just crap shops around Indianapolis. It's so difficult to find quality work around here I usually have to make a trip up to Chicago to get anything done right.

BTW, I highly recommended VS but they are closed

Vaughn Motorwerks Review Zionsville, IN 46077
Vaughn Motorwerks LLC Review
Indianapolis, IN
Hey bas2000,

Believe you 100%. Why? I had the SAME EXPERIENCE with Vaughn. Noticed it after washing my car that afternoon. Wonder if it's in the same spot? Inside out, drivers side hood. No kidding.

*Note* had my car for 5+ years now so basically know every scratch, blemish, etc. This was NOT present when I dropped car off.

What's worse? After the experience I just went thru getting my car repaired, I didn't trust them to bring it back or to be in their possession. Period.

Short version: brought in for r&r of VCG. One reason is because it was to be a quick 1 day repair. They did repair, but on test drive discovered a crack in Valve Cover itself. So I got to buy those parts too and arts were more expensive than I could buy myself ~> I call double BS on that <~ the least they could do is give me shop or discounted rate. So, a few days later car is "fixed" and I drive off. 20 mins in my CEL goes off. I'm so pissed can't even see straight at this point.

Called them, bring it back, they got me a rental car and next day picked it up ~ said there was vacuum leaks they repaired ~> so they did this part of process as expected, but everything else? Unacceptable. THIS is when I noticed the inside out ding. Never again.

Agreed ~> go see Mike Hash @ Hash Imports.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2017, 01:50 AM   #26
bas2000
AMG LOL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT like you stole it!!

Yes it was the same location -> Inside out, drivers side hood.
Appreciate 0