E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BMW Connected app to hit app store

12-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
Frank2808
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

BMW Connected app to hit app store

Hi guys, sorry if this is a repost. Engadget had a story this morning that the BMW connected app is coming to the app store. Any idea what model years this can be used on? I own a 2010 335 and would love to have this.. I'm guessing it only works on newer cars but I wonder if a retrofit is possible?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/28/b...on-hitting-ve/
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank2808 View Post
Hi guys, sorry if this is a repost. Engadget had a story this morning that the BMW connected app is coming to the app store. Any idea what model years this can be used on? I own a 2010 335 and would love to have this.. I'm guessing it only works on newer cars but I wonder if a retrofit is possible?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/28/b...on-hitting-ve/
yea its a repost but answering your question it works with option 6NR which is available March 2011 production and beyond. bmw retrofit says they already have it working on one of thier combox cars.

right now the integration is minimal but looks like more to come.

its already in the app store BTW
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
FadyDizzle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Silly question but I have this app on my ipod touch, is there any point? Like will it load the latest info from my last wifi sync or only from active 3G connections if I had an iPhone ?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadyDizzle View Post
Silly question but I have this app on my ipod touch, is there any point? Like will it load the latest info from my last wifi sync or only from active 3G connections if I had an iPhone ?
You obviously will miss out on WebRadio, Twitter, and Facebook (unless you're in range of some WiFi access point). But...you might be able to get your fuel computer info (and whetever is coming in the future).
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
delrioi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
You obviously will miss out on WebRadio, Twitter, and Facebook (unless you're in range of some WiFi access point). But...you might be able to get your fuel computer info (and whetever is coming in the future).
It doesn't look like you need a WiFi connection it should over 3g.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrioi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
It doesn't look like you need a WiFi connection it should over 3g.
3g? On an ipod touch? No
Appreciate 0