E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Compatible Phones List

07-13-2006, 12:20 AM   #265
330iBMWguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i - On Order

I have the W810i and can say that it works with my 330i.

Pairing was no problem.

The address book shows up in the car.

Now for a problem. When making a call, it mutes the stereo, but the call is placed from the handset, not the car.

Now, when you receive a call, it will be placed over the car's speakers. But, you have to tell your phone you want it that way. Here's what you do:

Menu | Settings | Connectivity | Bluetooth | Handsfree | Incoming Call | Check In Handsfree

The above is for a W810i that has no branding. It might be a little different if you have a branded phone.

I was a little concerned that they didn't have an Outgoing Call setting. So, I called Sony Ericsson and asked them about it. Basically, I was told to contact my BMW Dealer. Well, we all know what they are going to say.

Anyway, that's the lowdown on the W810i.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding outgoing calls, pass them along.
      07-14-2006, 10:19 PM   #266
mzmam
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325i, SG, Premium, Xenon

New Verizon Razr V3m not working

I recently got my 325 with Bluetooth (Build Date is 3/06) and I also bought Verizon's Razr V3m (released in 06/06). I found a compatibility chart from Verizon and it said my razr is compatible with 06 325s but my phone is stil not connecting with my car.

My brother's and sister's phones connected with my car, but my new rzr v3m does not!

My car and phone are both new... so what else should I try/do?

Thanks for everyone's help!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 05:39 AM   #267
dvhees0
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D E90

Samsung SGH-E900

Hi, just want to say that the new slider Samsung SGH-E900 is fully compatible with the i-drive bluetooth

-addess book is working perfectly
- answering without problems
- dialing without problems
- sms: not working
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #268
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iBMWguy
I have the W810i and can say that it works with my 330i.

Pairing was no problem.

The address book shows up in the car.

Now for a problem. When making a call, it mutes the stereo, but the call is placed from the handset, not the car.

Now, when you receive a call, it will be placed over the car's speakers. But, you have to tell your phone you want it that way. Here's what you do:

Menu | Settings | Connectivity | Bluetooth | Handsfree | Incoming Call | Check In Handsfree

The above is for a W810i that has no branding. It might be a little different if you have a branded phone.

I was a little concerned that they didn't have an Outgoing Call setting. So, I called Sony Ericsson and asked them about it. Basically, I was told to contact my BMW Dealer. Well, we all know what they are going to say.

Anyway, that's the lowdown on the W810i.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding outgoing calls, pass them along.
I am looking at getting this phone. It looks awesome except for this issue. On the bimmerfest forum, some suggested that there is a setting to fix this to direct calls to the handset to an external headset (BMW). I looked up the manual and it describes how to do this on p67 of this PDF.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...23995&esi=true

Can you give it a shot and report back? I need to buy a phone soon.
      07-18-2006, 12:40 AM   #269
330iBMWguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i - On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripster
I am looking at getting this phone. It looks awesome except for this issue. On the bimmerfest forum, some suggested that there is a setting to fix this to direct calls to the handset to an external headset (BMW). I looked up the manual and it describes how to do this on p67 of this PDF.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...23995&esi=true

Can you give it a shot and report back? I need to buy a phone soon.

On page 67, I found how to direct sound when answering a call with a handsfree. This isn't the problem. The problem is when you make a call, it doesn't go to the handsfree (car), it stays in the phone. To me, having to hit more, transfer sound is useless for handsfree setup. That's the point of handsfree, it's supposed to be hands free.

I was able to make a call once and have the sound come from the car's speakers. I dialed from the phone instead of the steering wheel (using phone book). It only worked one time.

Don't get me wrong, I really like this phone and I'm not going to return it because of this. It's just disappointing. Especially since SE says to call BMW.
      07-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #270
Poindexter
Revenge of the Nerds
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyBMW
Treo 700w pairs great with car and numbers in the speed dial list transfers to the car.

Excellent - does it drain the phones battery much faster? I've turned Bluetooth on, on my 700w, and it seems to suck juice faster than anything else. I also wonder if that's because I'm around tons of Bluetooth devices :

Past Bimmers: E46 M3, E60 M5, and a few Spec E30 race cars
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #271
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

New Verizon Razr V3m not working

I have a V3 and it works fine. Make sure you set the phone to "handsfree" mode under the phone's bluetooth setup menu. Follow the BMW directions to have the radio look for the phone.

As a side note, and this has probably been discussed before, but when you are setting up the voice activated phone book in the car, the directions in the BMW E90 phone instruction manual are wrong. You need to say "save name" then say the name, then it will ask for the phone number, say the phone number, then say "save number". The BMW manual instructs you to say "store number", which is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #272
sango
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

hi all
i have one problem with my nokia 8800....i had ver 3.78 and when i get to the car the phone automaticly pairing ..that ok..but after some 30 sec connection broke up...then i must manualy pairing and everything is ok...then i update nokia with ver 4.10 and problem still ...any opinions what it can be??
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2006, 04:26 AM   #273
DWUK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d Sport Auto

Orange SPV M600

Further to my early post and the wonders that is Orange.

Previously returned my Nokia N80 - no 100% compatibilty with my E90 bluetooth kit. Back in oh when was it June?
I am now the proud owner of the Orange SPV M600 (arrived yesterday) - the little black PDA number..........guess what guys and girls, 100% compatibility.
Full phone book download, full steering wheel controls, good sound quality - not bad.

Niggles - they're always are. The phone book name is limited to 12 characters (unlike my old SE K750i). That ActiveSync oh gawd awful, still haven't got it to 100% work. But thats about it..........

No idea on battery life yet but hopefully it will last for a weekend.

So for all you guys after a wi-fi, small form PDA which uses full size SD cards (none of that mini, micro SD nonsense) AND works with the BMW E90 bluetooth kit - this is it
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #274
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWUK
Further to my early post and the wonders that is Orange.

Previously returned my Nokia N80 - no 100% compatibilty with my E90 bluetooth kit. Back in oh when was it June?
I am now the proud owner of the Orange SPV M600 (arrived yesterday) - the little black PDA number..........guess what guys and girls, 100% compatibility.
Full phone book download, full steering wheel controls, good sound quality - not bad.

Niggles - they're always are. The phone book name is limited to 12 characters (unlike my old SE K750i). That ActiveSync oh gawd awful, still haven't got it to 100% work. But thats about it..........

No idea on battery life yet but hopefully it will last for a weekend.

So for all you guys after a wi-fi, small form PDA which uses full size SD cards (none of that mini, micro SD nonsense) AND works with the BMW E90 bluetooth kit - this is it
Nice work DWUK.
I gave 1:5 odds on for phonebook transfer, so it was a winner!

If you have voice recognition, you should now be able to voice dial your contacts once the phone has paired with the car- it's great!
eg Call John Smith

BTW- it would be good to see you at UK2: The Second UK Meet, Donington Park, Saturday September 23rd at 12pm.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 05:09 AM   #275
DWUK
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d Sport Auto

Tah!

Thanks for the invite Viv - unfortunately on my honeymoon that time, yes poor schmuck is tying the knot!!!!
Looks very very likely that I will be unable to make the event - next time!

As for the voice dial feature on the handsfree carkit, personally I hate it, voice of a dalek and not 100% accurate either.
Not the best on the market I think, shame rest of the system is pretty user friendly though.

Oh PS - the Orange SPV M600 camera is crap, probably the worst I have ever used on a phone, unless you have an ultra steady hand the pictures always come out blurry from shake. Hey can't have everything, other then that the phone is pretty cool.
And look at it this way - on your travels, only one USB charger cable is needed, no more, phone, PDA, IPOD chargers...........should be useful for the honeymoon, pretty sure the wife to be has used up all my luggage space
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2006, 10:13 AM   #276
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter
Excellent - does it drain the phones battery much faster? I've turned Bluetooth on, on my 700w, and it seems to suck juice faster than anything else. I also wonder if that's because I'm around tons of Bluetooth devices :
Having the BT on will drain the battery quickly since when on, it is constantly searching for other devices. It's a pain but I usually leave mine off until I know I'm going out to the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #277
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
This must be somewhere above, but my Verizon Blackberry 7250 paired up no problems at all. I had read that the phonebooks don't synch for the Blackberry, but mine did just fine.
      08-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #278
tomshong
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Has anyone tried to pair up a Samsung D357 with their car's BT?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #279
techMology
Canada
Rep
Drives: '06 325i ZSP

Sony Ericsson w800i issues here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iBMWguy
The problem is when you make a call, it doesn't go to the handsfree (car), it stays in the phone. To me, having to hit more, transfer sound is useless for handsfree setup. That's the point of handsfree, it's supposed to be hands free.
Exactly. I just got this phone, and (stupid me) didn't check this forum to see what others were experiencing. I'm having the same problem; incoming works okay, the phone pairs fine & stays connected, but I can't use my car's controls (steering wheel or dash) to place outgoing calls. Well, I *can*, but the audio stays on the w810i and it isn't routed through the car's speakers.

There is an option while you're on a call to transfer the audio to the "headset", but when I select that, it just locks up the phone.

If I dial using the w810i's keypad, sound is routed through the car's speakers, but to me, that's unacceptable. I love voicedial, and if I'm not going to be using it, I feel like I'm wasting 50% of the kit.

I e-mailed Sony Ericsson to ask them if they plan to address this problem in a future software update, and I also told them that I already contacted BMW and they told me SE was the issue, not BMW. Hopefully that will stop SE from trying to pass the buck.

I may downgrade to the k750i instead of keeping this phone, which totally sucks, because the k750i doesn't have 850MHz GSM, and I like the w800i.

So much for industry standards.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #280
techMology
Canada
Rep

...and now for Sony Ericsson's lame reply...

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.

In regards to the email that you had sent us, sorry for the inconvenience, however, it is BMW that tests our phones for compatiblity. We do not support our phones being used with any type of third party products.

As part of Sony Ericsson's commitment to excellent customer service, we offer a wide variety of mobile products to suit your lifestyle. If you require more information, or have any other questions, please visit our website at http://www.sonyericsson.com or call us at 1-866-766-9374.

Best regards,
Nikki
Your Sony Ericsson Online Support Representative
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications

Uhhh... thanks for nothing. Why SE can't figure out how to make its new phones as compatible as its own phones is beyond me.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 06:00 PM   #281
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by techMology
Exactly. I just got this phone, and (stupid me) didn't check this forum to see what others were experiencing. I'm having the same problem; incoming works okay, the phone pairs fine & stays connected, but I can't use my car's controls (steering wheel or dash) to place outgoing calls. Well, I *can*, but the audio stays on the w810i and it isn't routed through the car's speakers.

There is an option while you're on a call to transfer the audio to the "headset", but when I select that, it just locks up the phone.

If I dial using the w810i's keypad, sound is routed through the car's speakers, but to me, that's unacceptable. I love voicedial, and if I'm not going to be using it, I feel like I'm wasting 50% of the kit.

I e-mailed Sony Ericsson to ask them if they plan to address this problem in a future software update, and I also told them that I already contacted BMW and they told me SE was the issue, not BMW. Hopefully that will stop SE from trying to pass the buck.

I may downgrade to the k750i instead of keeping this phone, which totally sucks, because the k750i doesn't have 850MHz GSM, and I like the w800i.

So much for industry standards.
I posted above re: the W810i. I went and bought the phone anyway and it works correctly about 90-95% of the time. It syncs the phone book and handles calls received and placed through iDrive through the sound system.

However, it does on occassion do what you mention above. I've that this happens if I use the phone in Walkman mode.

When the error occurs, I simply reboot the phone and it pairs correctly. Once (yesterday in fact), rebooting the phone did not work and I had to wait until I got to where I was going to reboot the iDrive too. After that, all worked well too.

It is annoying, but I'm pleased with the phone overall and given that it mostly works, I'm keeping it for now. fwiw - I bought an unlocked phone from buy.com.
      09-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #282
dln11
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Thought I would let everyone know that a LG VX8300 hooked up with no problems. Address book downloads correctly also!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #283
prolix21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Just setup my motorola Q in my phone and it works perfectly. Address book syncs, I get signal bars on the car display. I didn't realize how much the car would integrate with a phone. Cool stuff

I always ahd to screw around to get my treo 650 to work, but with the Q the car just picks up the phone and it switches automatically to car mode when I get in
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2006, 09:20 AM   #284
techMology
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripster
It is annoying, but I'm pleased with the phone overall and given that it mostly works, I'm keeping it for now. fwiw - I bought an unlocked phone from buy.com.
I wish I felt the same way. I like the phone, but I've never been able to get it to work placing calls through my BMW's Bluetooth kit, so I've given up. To me, the phone has to work 100% in order for me to consider keeping it. Even 90% of the time would be too annoying for me.

So, I went out and purchased a Nokia 6126 (the same, as the 6131 and 6133 elsewhere on this planet). Works flawlessly. The phone isn't as MP3 friendly, the camera isn't as good, and it's a flip-phone (which I'm not a huge fan of) but it works. Plain and simple. The phone's UI is very quick, and the screen is nicer than the w810i, so from that perspective, it's a win.

If anyone is interested in getting this phone, rest assured it works with the BMW non-iDrive Bluetooth handsfree kit.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2006, 05:41 AM   #285
garehaan
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E61 535d, mini cooper, 320d

I tested my wifes Samsung SGH-Z320i and it works without any problems.
It's a typical Dutch 3G model made for KPN specifically.
      09-11-2006, 06:35 AM   #286
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

Cingular 8125 connects fine (This is pre ROM update) Phone book transfers over and I can send and recieve calls fine. No signal indicator though. This may change after my ROM update though.