E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Cheapest car to lease?

01-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #67
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Shes making less then 1000 per month...what happen if she crashes or something goes wrong. Sorry but with that salary you drive a POS. Where will she get the money to buy her clothes. You're 22 who cares what shes drives date her, eventually she'll go unless you're ashamed when she parks at your place.

Maybe it's just me but a lot of people seem to be buying car payments.....I rarely hear about a car being 20K-30K-40K I heard on an american radio station lease a sonata for 175/month. How much is the car? That's why the economy is going down the drain. That girl making pocket change money looking to jump into a new car. Irresponsible. I had a 500$ car as a first car, it died I had no money for a car so I waited a year and a half to get an other car...which was 4000$.

It's like buying a house sure there is the mortgage but what about utility bills, repairs, taxes, snow removal etc. Same goes for the car what happen when she needs tires or she gets a flat tire etc.......I vote shitbox+save

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 01-23-2011 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #68
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Well if you read the thread you see why

Unexpected expenses are low.

Tires are $20 a pop if she gets a flat

She has insurance

She has 0 expenses. She lives at home, food laundry clothes are all provided for her.

I don't Care what car is parked in front lol
I get what you're saying

But if you buy a POS at $1500, you're bound to have to have it Have problems

Her parents have spent $800 fixing the Taurus in the past year I've been with her. No idea how much before

I don't geel it financially responsible to spend $1500 on a POS and need to keep $ for future break downs
A POS is very likely to have maintenance problems
A new car is less likely to cost more

Cause with a POS, the same cost of tires oil potential accidents is still present

So a POS has the same liabilities as a new car plus the high chance of breaking down

Who cares if you can lease a $20k car for $180/month? Economy sucks so take advantage of it

I did with the M3. I did with my condo. I did with my house
Just like thousands and thousands of others did

When the economy improves, cheap leases won't be available.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #69
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Persian54, you should just save your breath man. You don't owe anyone an explanation and therefore you shouldn't have to post any. What the lady you're dating does is none of my (or anyone else's) business so I couldn't care less whether she can afford a $200/mo. lease or not. As for a good car there are some Hyundai's out there, Toyota Corolla, Camry (maybe prius??), Honda Civic, Accord, Chevy Cruze, etc. American cars are getting better so perhaps you should look into them too.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #70
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Persian54, you should just save your breath man. You don't owe anyone an explanation and therefore you shouldn't have to post any. What the lady you're dating does is none of my (or anyone else's) business so I couldn't care less whether she can afford a $200/mo. lease or not. As for a good car there are some Hyundai's out there, Toyota Corolla, Camry (maybe prius??), Honda Civic, Accord, Chevy Cruze, etc. American cars are getting better so perhaps you should look into them too.
Yeah you're right

We drove the Hyunda Elantra? it had leather seats, heated seats, sunroof, etc etc

priced at $21k

so if she chooses to buy, that's the ideal choice over all the other cars; plus they have 10yr/100k

lease would be the sentra..

let's see

I did the math, and if I were to get a sentra for 0 drive off 187/month and use that for my daily commute to work and other errands, with the gas difference compared to the M, it would be worth it

I'll save a good $180/month on Gas....

Only thing holding me back is that I would need to get insurance, which would be $70/month i think (paying $90/month on the M3, so i'm taking a little off that)

so instead of saving, I'd be sending 63/month

One can argue that the mileage saved on the m3 is worth it... but the M is a lease, so wear and tear mean nothing.

Interesting concept though.
Appreciate 0