E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > JB4

07-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i

JB4

Hi, I was getting a reply by one of the members here regarding my interest in PE.

He advised that a JB4 will be good enough in term of the exhaust sound in comparison to the PE.

Having a look at this:
http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_pnp_...nce_tuner.html

Just want to ask, is it safe with this JB4? I saw quite a lot of people having this mod.
And the increase in psi, is it about the psi in the turbo? If so, can I assume that the JB4 will shorten the turbo's life please?
I am interested in the pro and con for the JB4.......

And for the exhaust notes, does it really worth spending on the JB4 instead of the PE? Both giving a great notes too?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansonlai View Post
Just want to ask, is it safe with this JB4? I saw quite a lot of people having this mod.
Seriously? You have to be f-ing kidding me!

Surely you must have better things to do than troll a forum like this? Because if you are indeed not a troll, which I strongly suspect you are, you would realize that the search function would provide you with a shitload of info on all the spam subjects you create threads about.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
MO3
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05
Quote:
Seriously? You have to be f-ing kidding me!

Surely you must have better things to do than troll a forum like this? Because if you are indeed not a troll, which I strongly suspect you are, you would realize that the search function would provide you with a shitload of info on all the spam subjects you create threads about.
Problem is some nice guys on here are taking him seriously and wasting their time answering his annoying questions and giving him honest advice!
      07-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Zoo Tv
Washed Weekly
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Subway

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO3 View Post
Problem is some nice guys on here are taking him seriously and wasting their time answering his annoying questions and giving him honest advice!

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
skidz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1mers nuts :D

OP ignore those above me who are giving you a hard time, they are just annoyed that no one told them that tuning your car will double the running costs and halve the resale value. but if you are ok with these things you will love the 'JB4 G5 ISO', just remember the 'ISO' bit stands for 'Item Seriously Offends' meaning your wallet will be offended.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
OP ignore those above me who are giving you a hard time, they are just annoyed that no one told them that tuning your car will double the running costs and halve the resale value. but if you are ok with these things you will love the 'JB4 G5 ISO', just remember the 'ISO' bit stands for 'Item Seriously Offends' meaning your wallet will be offended.
I saw the COBB, seems like a better one, plug and play.

actually, i have no knowledge in term of mod, so, i am not sure if the mod will shorten the engine life or whatsoever.

The increase in power is good, but just not sure what will happen bad after mod.

so, want to see if there is someone who knows more about mechanic.....
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
mikenazz
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
And the increase in psi, is it about the psi in the turbo?

no the tyres.

sorry I had to
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
Jexus
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

This is really painful to read, and I don't think OP is a troll...

To OP (Ansonlai),
1. JB4 is safe to use, and should not shorten the engine's life'
2. Yes it is the psi for the turbo
3. JB4 has adjustable settings that lets you choose the amount of boost you want
4. Nothing will be 'bad' after the mod
5. JB4 has miniscule affect on the exhaust sound
6. Get the PE if you want a nicer exhaust note
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #9
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Don't get a tune. Stock 335i's are fast.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #10
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexus View Post
This is really painful to read, and I don't think OP is a troll...

To OP (Ansonlai),
1. JB4 is safe to use, and should not shorten the engine's life'
2. Yes it is the psi for the turbo
3. JB4 has adjustable settings that lets you choose the amount of boost you want
4. Nothing will be 'bad' after the mod
5. JB4 has miniscule affect on the exhaust sound
6. Get the PE if you want a nicer exhaust note
THanks

but if you have money to spend, would you go JB4 or COBB?

And normally, if i install a JB4 or COBB, is there any further mods that i have essentially done too? (like something like intake? i know people did quite a few common mods such as downpipe, but my concern is, will the JB4 or COBB alone is fine? or there somewhat must be something to be modded too?)

I am sorry for being a troll.....forgive me if i ever annoy you.....
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #11
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
JB4 is a piggyback tune, Cobb is a flash tune.

Now go and research that and the differences/benefits.

We are here to help, but not spoon feed you with information and advice.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post

We are here to help, but not spoon feed you with information and advice.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #13
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Don't get a tune. Stock 335i's are fast.
those N54 one's are faster then the 135is right?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #14
mcmn
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY10 AW 135i

your profile says you have a 325i? if so cobb/jb4 isnt suited. as it's for the turbo variants.

Assuming you have the 335/turbo variant then the golf tee (search the forums) mod will provide you exactly the same sound as what a tune would provide. And the PE sounds better than that IMHO.

paul
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #15
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmn View Post
your profile says you have a 325i? if so cobb/jb4 isnt suited. as it's for the turbo variants.

Assuming you have the 335/turbo variant then the golf tee (search the forums) mod will provide you exactly the same sound as what a tune would provide. And the PE sounds better than that IMHO.

paul
Hmm, yes, was planning to buy a 325i, now buying a 335i.
I think i will put the PE, sounds a bit confusing with the engine tune after searching information these 2 nights after work. Whether i need an upgrade radiator or intercooler, intake or whatsoever if i put the JB4 or COBB on.
Information on the net keeps saying that certain upgrades are needed after installing the JB4 or COBB in order to make it works efficiently and effectively...._@

But saw a thing called Autologic for Coding last night, no time to 'research' of its price yet, but wanted to buy that too later on, sounds quite handy for doing the coding on my own.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #16
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
LMFAO at buying the Autologic!!!!! Hahahahahahaha... Rofl!!

Please buy an Autologic.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #17
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Seriously now? You want to buy an autologic.. :\
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #18
mcmn
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY10 AW 135i

dude. you need a decision tree.

Fast or slow? If FAST -> 335i if SLOW -> 325i

if 335i then:
Do you want it to look pretty or go faster? if you want both, figure out the order you want to do it in.

if pretty: goto http://www.bmrautowerkes.com.au/ and buy some pretty looking shit (cf lips, wheels, carbon blah blah blah) This would then lead to buying the exhaust for the noise, then you could get some real big wheels, fluffy dice and a huge audio kit.

if faster:
- make sure you get an N54 based 335i, more bang for buck
- if you are wanting super power then consider the transmission selection. the tiptronic auto can handle more power than the dct auto. Manual is pretty good.
- get used to the car stock, dyno it, dont just jump to mods unless you come from a fast car back ground

- The first mod is the tune. You can choose out of three, Cobb, JB4, or procede. there are fan boys from all camps that will tell you either is better, make your own decision. My 2 cents, If you want to run meth injection in the car, then go the JB4 route, which may see you running both JB4 and cobb at a later stage. I have no experience with the procede.
- There are maps you can use without any other modifications, the tunes allows for a progressive build of power when you add more mods.
- The next mod you want to do is get rid of the fcking runflat a.k.a runcrap tyres. You are adding power and you wont get it to the ground with those tyres.
- Beyond this, then it's up to you. The normal route is FBO 'full bolt ons' given your location I'd be going
.... catless downpipes
.... high flow air filter / pod filters
.... charge pipe/fmic (consider bov, and whether you want meth bungs)
.... exhaust but I believe this adds marginal powa
then the route is
meth / e85 / turbo upgrade

I saved you days of search, please consider donating to my paypal. PM me for details
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #19
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmn View Post
dude. you need a decision tree.

Fast or slow? If FAST -> 335i if SLOW -> 325i

if 335i then:
Do you want it to look pretty or go faster? if you want both, figure out the order you want to do it in.

if pretty: goto http://www.bmrautowerkes.com.au/ and buy some pretty looking shit (cf lips, wheels, carbon blah blah blah) This would then lead to buying the exhaust for the noise, then you could get some real big wheels, fluffy dice and a huge audio kit.

if faster:
- make sure you get an N54 based 335i, more bang for buck
- if you are wanting super power then consider the transmission selection. the tiptronic auto can handle more power than the dct auto. Manual is pretty good.
- get used to the car stock, dyno it, dont just jump to mods unless you come from a fast car back ground

- The first mod is the tune. You can choose out of three, Cobb, JB4, or procede. there are fan boys from all camps that will tell you either is better, make your own decision. My 2 cents, If you want to run meth injection in the car, then go the JB4 route, which may see you running both JB4 and cobb at a later stage. I have no experience with the procede.
- There are maps you can use without any other modifications, the tunes allows for a progressive build of power when you add more mods.
- The next mod you want to do is get rid of the fcking runflat a.k.a runcrap tyres. You are adding power and you wont get it to the ground with those tyres.
- Beyond this, then it's up to you. The normal route is FBO 'full bolt ons' given your location I'd be going
.... catless downpipes
.... high flow air filter / pod filters
.... charge pipe/fmic (consider bov, and whether you want meth bungs)
.... exhaust but I believe this adds marginal powa
then the route is
meth / e85 / turbo upgrade

I saved you days of search, please consider donating to my paypal. PM me for details
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #20
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Hmm, yes, was planning to buy a 325i, now buying a 335i.
I think i will put the PE, sounds a bit confusing with the engine tune after searching information these 2 nights after work. Whether i need an upgrade radiator or intercooler, intake or whatsoever if i put the JB4 or COBB on.
Information on the net keeps saying that certain upgrades are needed after installing the JB4 or COBB in order to make it works efficiently and effectively...._@

But saw a thing called Autologic for Coding last night, no time to 'research' of its price yet, but wanted to buy that too later on, sounds quite handy for doing the coding on my own.
just buy a 320D champ... with a tune it's in the middle of a 335i and a 325i.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #21
skidz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1mers nuts :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMJ View Post
just buy a 320D champ... with a tune it's in the middle of a 335i and a 325i.
Dont forget you will also need a peddle box for the D this remaps the throttle response and provides all the power in the first 10% of peddle movement. You'll be blowing away all the V8's in town
Appreciate 0