E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Rev Motoring Silicone Intake Hose Now Available for N52!!!

Closed Thread

08-20-2014, 01:01 AM   #221
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Here is my review on an N52B25.
Slight improvement in throttle response. Nice subtle whoosh sound of air when giving it a bit more gas but you need to listen hard for this and be in a quiet area.
Not sure/don't care how much bhp/lb ft this may or may not add but my butt dyno tells me that there is a very slight difference. It is not massive and it is not a placebo difference. Obviously the car is not going to be stupid fast with this mod but it does feel slightly better than before.
Therefore, I think it has been money well spent. No CEL light and no regrets.
Thanks for making this happen OP.

Now back off I go to Scotsdale...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #222
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
Just got my intake hose installed today!

Does it feel any faster? Maybe, not sure. Wasn't really expecting to feel 1.96 horsepower. Just like I couldn't feel the extra 2 horsepower from my K&N air filter or the extra 5 horsepower from my catback exhaust. Or the 9 wheel horsepower than some people claim you get from secondary cat deletes.

But who cares. I'm not racing for pinks, I just mod for the fun of it and I like being a little bit faster than stock. I don't care if it adds 1hp or 20 hp. Especially at the price the OP is asking for
Thanks for the reply, glad you are happy with the product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
Here is my review on an N52B25.
Slight improvement in throttle response. Nice subtle whoosh sound of air when giving it a bit more gas but you need to listen hard for this and be in a quiet area.
Not sure/don't care how much bhp/lb ft this may or may not add but my butt dyno tells me that there is a very slight difference. It is not massive and it is not a placebo difference. Obviously the car is not going to be stupid fast with this mod but it does feel slightly better than before.
Therefore, I think it has been money well spent. No CEL light and no regrets.
Thanks for making this happen OP.

Now back off I go to Scotsdale...
Thanks for the review. Nice to hear other people are having the same response as I am to the new hose. What's in Scottsdale?
      08-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #223
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Family in Chandler/Scottsdale. Emergency.. Back for a month..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #224
Kevin52
UMN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 328i Xdrive

Garage List
Just had mine installed, don't notice any differences but it was worth it for just 60 bucks.
      08-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #225
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin52 View Post
Just had mine installed, don't notice any differences but it was worth it for just 60 bucks.
Thanks for the update.
      08-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #226
AoS810
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 N51, 2011 E91 N52

Couple questions PHXE90, is there an option to select a 4-ply vs 6-ply hose in the ebay link of your original post (I don't see the option)? Or has everyone been getting the 4-ply version.

And the inner diameter of the 2 variations is the same? I'm leaning towards 6 ply, although not really sure why.. minimize heatsoak?! That's most likely a non-issue.

My biggest concern in getting a 6-ply is from what I've read in this thread, the side that connects to the airbox is snug, but the other side is loose? Would the 6-ply make installation of the hose clamps more difficult (have to tighten more to get a better seal)?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:55 AM   #227
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoS810 View Post
Couple questions PHXE90, is there an option to select a 4-ply vs 6-ply hose in the ebay link of your original post (I don't see the option)? Or has everyone been getting the 4-ply version.

And the inner diameter of the 2 variations is the same? I'm leaning towards 6 ply, although not really sure why.. minimize heatsoak?! That's most likely a non-issue.

My biggest concern in getting a 6-ply is from what I've read in this thread, the side that connects to the airbox is snug, but the other side is loose? Would the 6-ply make installation of the hose clamps more difficult (have to tighten more to get a better seal)?
You need to write in the comments section your preference of 4 or 6 ply when ordering.

I got 4-ply. Don't know why some are saying the hose is tight one side/loose the other - mine fit perfectly snugly on both sides - not too tight, not too loose...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #228
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoS810 View Post

The inner diameter of both hoses are the same. I have the 4 ply on my car and the 6 on my fiances car. No noticeable difference between the two. I ended up buying nice looking t-bolt clamps for the hoses and I have zero problems with fit. Many are running stock hose clamps and just expanding them to fit. The stock hose clamps work on both the 4 and 6 ply. If you are going to order just specify in the comment section and he will accommodate.
      09-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #229
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Installed the 6ply version (if there is a difference -Idea was Maybe 6ply keeps air colder). Also to change this pipe was on my list long before this product existed, I just didn't know how to get the right silicone pipe

Eurobox Compatible:
It's longer than the oem pipe so one has keep connections loose to move brackets and really overlap the half boot near throttle body and maybe rotate the silicone pipe.
At maf I aligned it with factory stop grooves on Euro air box.
For my 6 ply the bracket near the throttle body was at it's most loose to fit but once tightened it's good
Also I lightly secured the Airbox Maf side first before connection to Throttle body side

Impressions will follow it's raining bad here. I don't think my exhaust is any quieter. It may be back to be slightly louder closer to where it was with USA box and charcoal and paper filter

Edit: Impressions
- No chanage to exhaust tone - maybe slightly louder (128i here)
- Quicker Throttle response is noticed
- Stronger climb through revs is noticed
- ButtDyno doesn't feel any extra HP, but increased throttle responce is very welcome.
EDIT:: Noticing low end torque near 2k-3k rpm seems to be better
Attached Images

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 09-05-2014 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #230
Soccs
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 125i, Mini GP

Just ordered mine!!!! Let's ship to Portugal !!! If it feels something! I like it!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #231
OlivaresAnthony
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

Garage List
Just an FYI for those in California, I just tried having my car smogged and the tech said my car would fail on visual with the silicone hose installed, so he said to put the stock one back on before the test.
E90 325i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|Steptronic|Black Leatherette/Dark Burl Interior|OEM Alarm|35%Front/5%Rear Tint|RD LED License Plate Lights|Rear Fogs Activated|Debadged|Smoked Sidemarkers|Blacklines|Depo P90v2|Matte Black Grille|BMS PBX|AFE Drop In|Charcoal Filter Delete|Air Scoops| RM Silicone Intake Hose| Magnaflow 14815| 19" Avant Garde M310|Continental DWS|M3 Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #232
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

That is one of the nice things about living in Arizona, there is no visual inspection, they just plug into the OBD port and take the readings! As long as she's within spec, she passes!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 02:17 AM   #233
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivaresAnthony View Post
Just an FYI for those in California, I just tried having my car smogged and the tech said my car would fail on visual with the silicone hose installed, so he said to put the stock one back on before the test.
Yep even with the new shops that use OBD testing, they still do a visual check, exhaust/intake and under car for secondary cats, anything thats not stock or without a CARB sticker = fail.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #234
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
Yep even with the new shops that use OBD testing, they still do a visual check, exhaust/intake and under car for secondary cats, anything thats not stock or without a CARB sticker = fail.
Maybe in Cali - but not in PA

I have never had a visual inspection done since the onset of the OBD test over sniff test of old (actually I have never had a visual inspection done ever since beginning of emissions testing)
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #235
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Maybe in Cali - but not in PA

I have never had a visual inspection done since the onset of the OBD test over sniff test of old (actually I have never had a visual inspection done ever since beginning of emissions testing)
Of course I'm referring to California,

CARB = California Air Resource Board
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #236
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
Just got my intake hose installed today!

Does it feel any faster? Maybe, not sure. Wasn't really expecting to feel 1.96 horsepower. Just like I couldn't feel the extra 2 horsepower from my K&N air filter or the extra 5 horsepower from my catback exhaust. Or the 9 wheel horsepower than some people claim you get from secondary cat deletes.

But who cares. I'm not racing for pinks, I just mod for the fun of it and I like being a little bit faster than stock. I don't care if it adds 1hp or 20 hp. Especially at the price the OP is asking for
I love how everyone keeps saying how cheap, look at the price,

Its a freakin piece of Silicone Hose, how much did you guys expect it to cost? $600?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #237
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Droze View Post
That is one of the nice things about living in Arizona, there is no visual inspection, they just plug into the OBD port and take the readings! As long as she's within spec, she passes!
Glad we live in AZ and not CA!
      09-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #238
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXE90 View Post
Glad we live in AZ and not CA!
Lol yep, and when I mean they check exhaust, they look at the exhaust manifolds with the primary cats, they don't care about anything past the secondary cats.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #239
MarkkyyMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

What is emission testing?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #240
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
Lol yep, and when I mean they check exhaust, they look at the exhaust manifolds with the primary cats, they don't care about anything past the secondary cats.
I would be surprised if someone that doesn't know BMW's very well would even notice that the stock intake hose was replaced with the Rev hose...
      09-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #241
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

They are pretty good they get cars all day long, I doubt very many OEM's use Silicone for anything.

It would fail.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #242
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Dyno's and commentary sold me, placebo or not, sounds good to me.
Added you on my Watch list... in the midst of $10k repair so gonna hafta wait until the Wife isn't looking, but looking forward to it. Hope you still have some left when the bank says I can go shopping again. Ha.

Wife-><-Me, when she finds out I posted this.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread