E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Guees what? My urea tank is OOC

09-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Guees what? My urea tank is OOC

Well amigos took my car to the dealer with an SES and of course NO LOANER provided since the law states here that if the car is going to be 5 days or more then they will provide me one. Anyway SA txt me and told me the UREA tank has gone bad, WTF tank gone bad or pump gone bad, will keep everyone posted!!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
WreckerX5d
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deezul

I'm guessing the pump, don't see how a tank can just 'go bad', lol.
      09-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Sweattdogg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3/09 e90 335d/13 f10M5

Same happened to me $4k under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Your car is getting old. I am afraid you are going to have to either have a catheter installed with a bag or put a big pair of depends on your car.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #5
diaz92376
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

How does a tank go bad?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #6
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

jajaj u guys made me laugh I read the report and does say the TANK went bad I will post the report later on ok
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Interesting. Time for you to see if Lenny can code out SCR, amigo! Maybe try out DPF delete at the same time

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #8
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Rotor cant wait till the day i can remove this BS,
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions....but to me, despite how complex the emissions system is on our cars, it is one of the things I love.

Most people hate diesels because of how dirty smokey and stinky they are especially the rednecks in their Fords or Dodge pickups with the ghey stacks that spew massive soot.

Personally, I love being able to boast to others that I get awesome mpg, ~300hp, and emissions cleaner than a gasser equivalent.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #10
Pierre Louis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions....but to me, despite how complex the emissions system is on our cars, it is one of the things I love.

Most people hate diesels because of how dirty smokey and stinky they are especially the rednecks in their Fords or Dodge pickups with the ghey stacks that spew massive soot.

Personally, I love being able to boast to others that I get awesome mpg, ~300hp, and emissions cleaner than a gasser equivalent.
I agree. When you look at well to wheel total emissions or even small particulates that are much more prone to getting into the lungs to cause diseases, our 335d does as well or better than an ULEV hybrid.

When compared to a full electric that still depends on coal fired power generation for part of their energy source, our beloved 335d also looks very good. No telling how much better those 60 mpg diesel VW Polo's would be if the US consumers and legislators allowed them!

But removing some of the problem-prone stuff shouldn't worry the environmentalists - pre DPF diesel small particulate emissions were still better than newer ULEV/LEV data in the few studies that were done. What was never done was to compare the cancer causing emissions of diesels to gasoline particulates in a real world scenario. Instead, gov't funding went to lab experiments that only looked at diesels and used the large particulates that normally don't reach the lungs but fall to the ground and are biodegraded in their data. There is some movement in the EPA to finally look at gasser small particulate emissions as most US cities are not getting better in respiratory illnesses, and much of the problem seems to be gasser emissions and non-automotive sources, not the usual suspects like "black smoke" diesels.

Last edited by Pierre Louis; 09-23-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:

++
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:

I ran my d in an enclosed garage once for like a half an hour. Could hardly smell anything or notice any fumes.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #13
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Car is in the shop and had run in with SA, pissed me off cause i gave him a bad review from earlier date and ignore me totally in front of his boss, wrote email to the big boss and see what happens to him, also oil light came on either low in oild dont know but will keep everyone posted
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #14
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Car is in the shop and had run in with SA, pissed me off cause i gave him a bad review from earlier date and ignore me totally in front of his boss, wrote email to the big boss and see what happens to him, also oil light came on either low in oild dont know but will keep everyone posted
Probably wasn't a good idea burning the bridge since there's only one stealership in Puerto Rico but you had to do what you had to do. You can switch to another SA though right?
JBD @ 100% | KW ST Coilovers | M3 rep. front bumper | 888Concepts AE Upgrade | GP Thunder 7500k fogs | Cyba 4" carbon tips | BSW Stage 1 | APEX ARC-8 W/ Michelin PSS | Ziza LED interior | Weisslicht LED side lenses | Sprint Booster | Euro side mirrors | M-Sport semi-conversion | Coded | LOTS of carbon fiber
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Car has been moved to PRIORITY one cause my friend called his best friend the BMW General Manager and he told me that he was upset the way they treated me, the supervisor has me on check she is making things happen, sad i had to do this but God damn i paid $63k foir the car and it has seen the shop in the last 2 years(6 times) more than my girlfriends 2006 C230 which BTW only has been in the shop ONCE since I bought it!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #16
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

BTW here's the email I sent them:

Dear Mr. XXX, I come to you again in respects to one of your advisors in this case Mr. XXX. Apparently, there a miscommunication between this gentleman and myself. Today, culminated in Mr. XXX ignoring and acting in non-professional manner towards me, to this event Ms. Claudia was present to witness Mr. XXX behavior towards my persona. The issue here is that I gave Mr. XXX a not so adequate review, therefore, I firmly believe he took offense to these remarks I gave him. He sent me an email in response to this which I came to read today at my office and is as follows:

“Buenas trdes axel el dia que le recibi su unidad le informe al momento de coger la firma que su unidad no saldria para el mismo dia que le llamaria al dia siguiente para darle status, gracias por contestar nuestra encuesta”.

Now mind you even though he did in fact state the issue he failed to call me!!! I gather it is his responsibility to ensure his customers are at par with the issues of his/her car, nevertheless, I understand that sometimes it’s beyond AUTOGERMANA and myself that I do understand.

But, Mr. XXX went on to say in front of Claudia that he told the young lady who called me that my car would take 2-3 days for repair(which BTW it is false), this is unacceptable to me and let alone without a loaner not provided by Auto Germana. Today’s issue involve with a medical appointment that I cannot miss, I merely suggested I get a loaner(Claudia offered me to rent one, no I’m not renting one since I’m paying $890 a month and the defect its BMW’s issue and not mines) for the simple reason of going to my appointment , Claudia in turn has offered me transportation and I’m happy that SOMEONE there has some sense. I believe DACO or whomever has provided a law in which assists dealer but negates the customer in which the only way for a customer to have a vehicle while his/her car is in the shop for approximately 5 days or more, totally unheard off. In the USA either they usually provide one a loaner until your car is done(if they have one or else rent one for you), Also, Mr. XXX has always communicated via text message and or phone and he neither did yesterday when I sent him a text message with my situation, Ms. Claudia is a witness to this also.

Again, I want to stress that your site has come a LONG way from 2004 when I first encountered the gestapo that used to be beforehand. I hope you’re not falling back into the same pattern as before, otherwise, it will not only affect customers in future purchases but as well for me. Any questions feel free to contact me anytime, I understand that you’re a very busy man and I don’t want to take much of your busy schedule. Gracias!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #17
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
good luck.
      09-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
Ryebread
Diesel Fitter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d m-sport LMB

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d
my girlfriends 2006 C230 which BTW only has been in the shop ONCE since I bought it!!!!!!!!!
What?
      09-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #19
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Holy shit amigo, using words like "Gestapo" isn't really a good idea. I know you're raging but cool down a bit man.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #20
dzlmoose
Lieutenant
Egypt
Rep
Drives: Trek 7.2, 2001 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekboyD
Holy shit amigo, using words like "Gestapo" isn't really a good idea. I know you're raging but cool down a bit man.
Lol. I thought the same thing but maybe it's different in PR.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #21
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

yeah thats how pissed off i am about this, sorry amigo Rye Bread i meant my girlfriends MB C 230
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #22
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Well guess what?? Another issue came up and they dont have the parts and i have to wait till tomorrow, I did inquire about SOOT build up in our intakes manifold and the SA will inquire about it to the mechanics she will call me later on this!!
Appreciate 0