E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AA n52 exhaust owners

12-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Moony
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / F32 435i

Garage List
2010 328i  [0.00]
Question AA n52 exhaust owners

I'm thinking about picking it up soon. Those who have had it for a while now or recently got it how do you like it? I've searched up reviews and found some of you who've reviewed but then a few months later are putting them up for sale
Any reason why?

Not necessarily looking for any gains from this just a better sounding exhaust than stock and my budget's not in the range for a BMW PE exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
monkey_wrench
Caught the Bimmer-Bug
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verve View Post
I'm thinking about picking it up soon. Those who have had it for a while now or recently got it how do you like it? I've searched up reviews and found some of you who've reviewed but then a few months later are putting them up for sale
Any reason why?

Not necessarily looking for any gains from this just a better sounding exhaust than stock and my budget's not in the range for a BMW PE exhaust
I guess I'll chime in, and tell you my opinions on it.

I do like it, it sounds very good. Not ricey at all, but nice and throaty. Not too loud, not too quiet. Sounds amazing under power, sounds good at idle.
Gurgles and pops when it downshifts in S.

As you know, I have it on my '06 330i, and for some reason, it drones more on my car than it seems to do on others. Andrew rode in my car with me when it was done, and he said my car makes it drone more.

It's right around 2K RPM under load, for a band of about 250rpm, which I get at certain speeds in S mode in the city. Highway driving is enjoyable, quiet, but nice when you get on it.

I have no problems with the drone myself, but I drive my 8 month old to daycare everyday, and my wife hates it. So I've decided to go to something quieter, and an Ikon seems to fit my needs.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
kamek
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [8.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
I guess I'll chime in, and tell you my opinions on it.

I do like it, it sounds very good. Not ricey at all, but nice and throaty. Not too loud, not too quiet. Sounds amazing under power, sounds good at idle.
Gurgles and pops when it downshifts in S.

As you know, I have it on my '06 330i, and for some reason, it drones more on my car than it seems to do on others. Andrew rode in my car with me when it was done, and he said my car makes it drone more.

It's right around 2K RPM under load, for a band of about 250rpm, which I get at certain speeds in S mode in the city. Highway driving is enjoyable, quiet, but nice when you get on it.

I have no problems with the drone myself, but I drive my 8 month old to daycare everyday, and my wife hates it. So I've decided to go to something quieter, and an Ikon seems to fit my needs.
Really? Ikon over BMW PE? I think you should consider BMW PE!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
monkey_wrench
Caught the Bimmer-Bug
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamek View Post
Really? Ikon over BMW PE? I think you should consider BMW PE!
Ikon is half the price of a PE. That is what made my decision.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

AA muffler is a complete waste of money. Muffler delete sounds exactly the same, and 1/3 the price.
Appreciate 0