E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Added a BSW center tweet today

11-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
thecadman99
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i 6mt spt bk/bk

Added a BSW center tweet today

First I decided to use the factory L7 tweet to add to my center speaker. When I got in there I realized that the center BSW speaker didn't have a place to connect a tweet... sooo....

Being that I never listen to the rears anyhow, I took out my BSW rear deck mids and tweets, replaced them with my factory L7 units, and used one of the rear sets to replace my center channel.

I ended up breaking a lead off the tweet and having to re-solder it on. I used zip ties to make a springy mount.

I hope the vent won't be too much a problem with that tweet in there.

Sounds great! I sat and plugged-unplugged it a few minutes on different songs. The difference is subtle, but its there. Voices especially sound nice coming from the center stage.

BSW center on left- no tweeter connection! Rear deck speaker on the right.

11-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Great, but why use the right air duct? Tweeter on the left side (closer to you) should be a little better.
      11-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
thecadman99
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i 6mt spt bk/bk

I thought of that, but a couple of things made me put it on the right. I was a bit afraid of fogging on the drivers side from the vent being blocked, plus I run my phone/radar right between me and the left vent so I have a straighter earshot to the right vent.

Still I may drive both ways for a week and see which I like better. Quick job to switch sides.

I actually thought about mounting it above the rear mirror in the headliner... I wonder....