E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > please advise... dinan deleted or not!?

02-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
poloace
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi coupe

please advise... dinan deleted or not!?

so, a while back i wrote about my experience where i took my car in to have my speaker looked at, left the lot, and felt a marked decrease in power. the original thread is here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482482

people gave me flack for not being able to tell whether my dinan upgrade was still there or not. i had taken my car to dealer # 1 for some work.. they installed new software and my dinan flash was gone. took it to #2 to reinstall dinan (#1 doesn't have capacity to do so). took it back to #1 to have my speaker looked at and SWORE it felt anemic when i left the lot. nonetheless, dealer # 1 assured me that the car was not connected to the diagnostic machine. this all happened in the span of a week or two.

so, this past weekend, i had my car taken to #2 to install the bmw performance exhaust and had them check on the dinan software to make sure that it was there. they told me that it wasn't and had to reinstall it. after they did, the car felt like it should have. extremely powerful and responsive. yet, i was upset at #1 for telling me that they didn't uninstall the software when it was clear to me that they had.

#1 remain insists that the car was never connected to the diagnostic machine and that they did not uninstall it. i hate being accusatory, but.... wtf. i just got off the phone with #1 after being extremely pissed at them... i then calmed down and told them that i would do my diligent research to see if there's anyway that the software can somehow uninstall itself. though, it seems too coincidental that my car felt powerful before my speaker was looked at and then very weak after i picked it up just 6 hours later. any thoughts?

thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Software cannot uninstall itself as the car lacks the ability to overwrite any software without an external machine.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
Maybe the original dealer did not successfully install the Dinan software in the first place ?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brey335i View Post
Software cannot uninstall itself as the car lacks the ability to overwrite any software without an external machine.
Exactly. They gave you some BS answer previously, this cannot be done on its own.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
poloace
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I agree... they are being adamant about their stance. I'll be taking my business elsewhere as well as filing a legitimate complaint with bmw NA.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
poloace
Second Lieutenant
Rep

additionally,

they claim that there is no record of the car being connected to the diagnostic device... wtf. i bet they're just lying to me. i'm sick of this dealership and urge anyone in the upstate area to avoid burdick bmw. i will be filing a complaint with bmw north america and hope to see something come out of it. also, i'm pretty sure that the dealer did install it. the car felt sooooo different it was night and day. when you've driven with the install - you understand how it pulls at 2k rpm. that's generally my test. without it, it lurches forward... with the install - it feels like it were pulling without at like 3500 or so.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Too bad you don't have a boost gauge. Then you could verify you had the tune right before you came in and that it disappeared
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #8
poloace
Second Lieutenant
Rep

.... hence what I posted in my prior post before all the little brats in here decided to lynch me. I know my car.
Appreciate 0