E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Just purchased 2011 e92 335xi, need advice

06-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
HD81
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' F30 335xi EB

Just purchased 2011 e92 335xi, need advice

This past saturday, I went to a dealership that had a leftover 11' e92 335i xdrive 6AT/ZPP/ZCW/Nav/BMW Apps/Sirius/iPod & USB without a sport or M-Sport pkg. The car actually was listed as $46900 msrp and I paid $46225. I was hoping someone could tell me if this sounds like a good deal. Some info on the car:

Actual MSRP: ~$53k
Mileage: 172 miles (it was supposedly a demo car)
Time spent on dealer lot: since Sept 2011'

There were a LOT of hairline scratches on the bumper and both doors and one deep scratch beneath the surface (looked like something hit it, like a small key or something). I asked if it was driven by a manager as a demo car because it had so much mileage on it but they claimed it wasn't. The rotors had oxidization on them and when I test drove it, the interior didn't even have a new car smell. I asked the sales advisor who was selling it to me whether it had the oil cooler since there was no sport or M-sport pkg and he said it does. I checked myself and saw a vent (or cover..whatever its called), but didn't see the actual radiator there. He said there was and that all N55's came with it regardless of the sport or m-sport pkg. I called him this morning and asked again, saying that I wanted to track the car and if it doesn't have the oil cooler that I don't want the car because it would mean I'd need to install an aftermarket cooler and potentially void the warranty, and I also don't want to spend extra money.

Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by HD81; 06-18-2012 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Catalina Wine Mixer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 09 335i Coupe White/Coral Red

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.26]
2008 328i  [5.50]
Dosent sound bad new cars are always harder to negotiate. I personally wouldn't buy a car that Doesn't have sport package as long as you like it and feel the money you paid is worth it that's all that matters
| 09 335i Coupe | Alpine White/Coral Red | M Sport | 6mt | Premium | Logic7 | 19" Beyern Mesh | 20% Tint | LUX Angel Eyes | 5000k Fogs | Black Kidney Grill | BMS DCI | Cobb Stage 1 | M-Pedal Set | Painted Side Reflectors | Rear Lip Spoiler | Euro Front Plate | Passport 9500ix | BIM Coded |
Who is John Galt??
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
HD81
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3rsian Pr0digy View Post
Dosent sound bad new cars are always harder to negotiate. I personally wouldn't buy a car that Doesn't have sport package as long as you like it and feel the money you paid is worth it that's all that matters
Well I found another dealership with the same exact car, the only difference is that this one has Harmon Kardon and they said they'll sell me the car for $45k. This one has 211 miles...so now I kind of feel like I didn't get the best deal for the one I purchased. I actually want the harmon Kardon so now I'm thinking of backing out of my current deal to buy this new one I found. What do you think as your opinion?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Catalina Wine Mixer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.26]
2008 328i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD81
Quote:
Well I found another dealership with the same exact car, the only difference is that this one has Harmon Kardon and they said they'll sell me the car for $45k. This one has 211 miles...so now I kind of feel like I didn't get the best deal for the one I purchased. I actually want the harmon Kardon so now I'm thinking of backing out of my current deal to buy this new one I found. What do you think as your opinion?
Are you going to lease or finance it? If you don't completely feel happy don't keep it. Don't settle for less especially for a new exspensive car that your most likely going to have why would you sell yourself short?? I thought harmon kardon sound was the regular sound system in bmws and logic7 was the upgraded sound system... In any event follow your heart and pick what car fits you the most
| 09 335i Coupe | Alpine White/Coral Red | M Sport | 6mt | Premium | Logic7 | 19" Beyern Mesh | 20% Tint | LUX Angel Eyes | 5000k Fogs | Black Kidney Grill | BMS DCI | Cobb Stage 1 | M-Pedal Set | Painted Side Reflectors | Rear Lip Spoiler | Euro Front Plate | Passport 9500ix | BIM Coded |
Who is John Galt??
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
HD81
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you going to lease or finance it? If you don't completely feel happy don't keep it. Don't settle for less especially for a new exspensive car that your most likely going to have why would you sell yourself short?? I thought harmon kardon sound was the regular sound system in bmws and logic7 was the upgraded sound system... In any event follow your heart and pick what car fits you the most

Thanks for the input man. You're right, and that's what I'm gonna do. I actually went to the dealer for the car on Saturday and fortunately, I got there towards closing time so they were only able to take a deposit from me to hold the car so its not actually mine. I just called the dealer and said to refund my deposit so now I think what I'll do is save that $1225 and go get the other one with the Harmon Kardon for $45k.

So logic7 actually came in the 07'-10' models I believe and in the 2011+ models, they basically just branded the system as Harmon Kardon. At least that's what I think because my 08' 335xi e92 that I'm going to trade in has the logic7 which is Harmon Kardon's fancy name, but there's no emblems on the tweeters in the door like there are on the 11'+ models.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Catalina Wine Mixer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.26]
2008 328i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD81 View Post
Thanks for the input man. You're right, and that's what I'm gonna do. I actually went to the dealer for the car on Saturday and fortunately, I got there towards closing time so they were only able to take a deposit from me to hold the car so its not actually mine. I just called the dealer and said to refund my deposit so now I think what I'll do is save that $1225 and go get the other one with the Harmon Kardon for $45k.

So logic7 actually came in the 07'-10' models I believe and in the 2011+ models, they basically just branded the system as Harmon Kardon. At least that's what I think because my 08' 335xi e92 that I'm going to trade in has the logic7 which is Harmon Kardon's fancy name, but there's no emblems on the tweeters in the door like there are on the 11'+ models.
Nice, put it this way the $1225 you saved could go towards some nice mods or a vacation or something fun
Who is John Galt??
Appreciate 0