E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > SALT - What SALT!!!!!!

11-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
M330Touring
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: M Sport Touring 330i

SALT - What SALT!!!!!!

Just spent 5 and half hours getting home in the carnage that was the M25 tonight! What happened to all the salt that would have prevented the cars and lorries getting stuck on the incline from junction 9 -8 Total chaos and the same dropping down the other side. Just what do we pay our sodding road fund licence \ council tax \ Income tax etc for!! The M26 was down to one lane for anyone with any sense and standard RFT - Every the same old story from the councils and highways departments ' We are fully prepared' - yep sure you are, till the first few inches fall on the south east and then it turns into the same old joke, except it's not friggin funny anymore! - Stuff the roads tomorrow, I will log on from home.
      11-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
That is friggin ridiculous!!!! Hell fire don't the numpty officials down there watch the bloody news...........have they seen what it's been like up here for the last 6 days!!

They've no excuse imo. Our Council lot knew it was coming and were prepared - end of.

Sorry but it's getting me down now this weather tbh. Constantly cold and it just keeps on snowing.

Least you're home safe.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Totally echo your frustration and annoyance fella, it's a total joke around my way too. Peoples driving in snow never fails to amaze me either!! I witnessed no less than 3 incidents in the time it took me to clear the snow from my windows!! And worse still, two of the incidents involved people driving Range Rovers!!! Just no excuses. I heard about the M25 and this was one of the reasons I headed over to Heathrow earlier in the day and checked into a hotel here at T4 so i wouldn't have to deal with all the carnage in the morning. I think if you have the option of working from home over next few days it would be a very wise decision.