E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Coil spring part number?

03-31-2024, 09:29 AM   #1
Xpoppyxx
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D E90

Coil spring part number?

Hi all,

Hopefully someone might be able to help. I've got a 2011 BMW 320D (e90) and this morning my nsf coil has snapped... luckily whilst still on my driveway. So I'm looking for replacement parts but I'm so confused. There are so many different ones available and I just don't understand what is the correct part.

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. Of course I plan to replace both front coils at the same time, but I just can't figure out which one is right. I've attached screenshot of what comes up on eurocarparts, but i don't understand what the difference is between the two when they're the same brand. I was thinking at first that one might be a pair and the other one a single coil... but that's not the case. I dont want to get the wrong thing so if anyone can give any advice it would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 12:06 PM   #2
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

If you look just under the green button there is a some text that says "fitment detail" click on this and a menu will appear. The more expensive spring will probably say "with m technology" and the leads expensive will say "standard chassis" or "without m technology" basically m sport suspension springs or SE suspension springs.

Is your car M-sport or SE? M technology springs for M-sport suspension.

I just bought a set of Sachs springs for my E92 SE. I bought the more expensive m technology ones and converted it to M-sport spec, now it rides much better. I used Bilstein B4 shocks and the ride is not harsh at all.
Appreciate 0