E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > no front license plate ticket

06-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #45
Sam Da Man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SPACE GRAY '07 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj323ci View Post
this coming from a guy who's car has been in the body shop for the last 18 months getting fixed, so of course he hasn't gotten any "no plate" tickets.

seriously tho, keep the plate off bro, looks sooo much better and totally worth a few $54 tickets
18 fuckin months? lmfao...well w.e once i get it back ...no plate for the whole time i have it
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #46
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Da Man View Post
18 fuckin months? lmfao...well w.e once i get it back ...no plate for the whole time i have it
word... unless u start getting a million no plate tickets cause of all the attention ur Mtech front w/ CF splitters will be getting from the cops. Better start carrying a box of krispy cream donuts in ur trunk just in case LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #47
Sam Da Man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SPACE GRAY '07 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj323ci View Post
word... unless u start getting a million no plate tickets cause of all the attention ur Mtech front w/ CF splitters will be getting from the cops. Better start carrying a box of krispy cream donuts in ur trunk just in case LOL
lololol...true, i think ill manage yo
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #48
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

I don't plan on putting it back on until i get like 3 once i get the third one I'll be like like ahh fuck this lol sayreville is a small town with a million cops so i hope they don't remember me lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #49
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
I say obey the law now....Get the E92 then don't obey the law

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #50
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

With my luck, I'm bound to get a couple of no plate tickets.... haha I already got pulled over a couple of times for tint... stupid cops... I'm also running out of PBA cards.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #51
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE92 View Post
With my luck, I'm bound to get a couple of no plate tickets.... haha I already got pulled over a couple of times for tint... stupid cops... I'm also running out of PBA cards.
Thank God that Quebec is the only province in Canada that doesn't require a front licences plate.....sorry, i know im rubbing it in haha
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #52
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
I say obey the law now....Get the E92 then don't obey the law

lol i think i will put it on today every time i saw a cop i felt like they were gonna pull me over I'm really paranoid now

Quote:
i was actually surprised he didn't say anything about my tints probably because my tints are light so he didn't care most likely
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #53
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
haha this was not a story I wanted to here. I finally took my plate off this past weekend. haha now I'm thinking of putting it back on....

BTW, don't get an AW E92.... There are a ton in NJ already....haha
I put mine back on. It's not worth getting pulled over for and then waiting there while the stupid cop issues a ticket. lol!

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #54
BES335xi
Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: FBO+ N54xi

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [1.00]
ouch! just pay the fine and 4get about it. i'm waiting to get my mtech and then no front plate fuck it, i have this police courtesy sheild from 1 of my boys, maybe that'll get out of gettin a fine...when i'm in the car. when i'm not in it ( cross fingers ) n hope u get no ticket . lol
JB4+usb | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS OCC | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | Edibias/NCSExpert/INPA BMW Coding | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumper | Red Cyba Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | etc..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #55
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
I put mine back on. It's not worth getting pulled over for and then waiting there while the stupid cop issues a ticket. lol!
what a bitch
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #56
E92*2*JK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: RIP Space Grey E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
man i just got back from my friends shore house spent a nice two weeks there, and today my second day home my mom sent me to get her paper towels and other misc stuff, so went to this big plaza my town has and then bang this undercover cop pulled my ass over within 10feet of entering the mall lol, he was pretty chill though he knew i was nervous as hell since this my first ticket, anyway he asked where my front plate was and i tired to get outta of it saying i just got into a front bumper accident well he didn't buy it and now I'm in debt to the sayreville police station for 54 dollars lol.

but do you guys think i should fight it? it has a court appearance date and the lady at the station told me i could either pay the 54 bucks with no points, or just fight it she said bring some pictures of the car with the plate on and expalin to the judge and I should win ol, i just don't want my dad to know about this scott, kim and matt can understand why

err sorry about the writing kinda still nervous just got the ticket 30mins ago and went straight to the station the lady was like your probably the first person I've seen to come here right after getting a ticket lol
the only way you would get out of it..is by saying that you were in an accident plate frame was on order and that you had it installed a couple of days later..(prior to court date)...but then of course you need to prove that you were in an accident..prove that you had to order the plate frame..a receipt from a body shop would prolly be sufficient...but I mean cummon dude it's no points and $54/dollars I don't know how close you live to "the shore" but I am willing to bet $54/bucks getting a receipt and taking the time off work etc gas to get there...is not worth possibly saving $54 bucks..when you were in the wrong anyway...
You knew the risk of not running a front plate...you wanna play you gotta pay..take it on the chin like a big boy..and for future reference..keep the front plate in the car with you...if you get pulled at least show it to the cop have it on the dash and maybe he will let you go...but even then I doubt it...every person that runs around without a front plate uses the same story everytime.

Hard to believe that every nice car without a front plate was just in an accident. lol
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #57
E92*2*JK
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES335xi View Post
ouch! just pay the fine and 4get about it. i'm waiting to get my mtech and then no front plate fuck it, i have this police courtesy sheild from 1 of my boys, maybe that'll get out of gettin a fine...when i'm in the car. when i'm not in it ( cross fingers ) n hope u get no ticket . lol
when ure out of it...put the plate on the dash against the windshield...they usually leave you alone if you do that.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #58
E92*2*JK
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
man i just got back from my friends shore house spent a nice two weeks there, and today my second day home my mom sent me to get her paper towels and other misc stuff, so went to this big plaza my town has and then bang this undercover cop pulled my ass over within 10feet of entering the mall lol, he was pretty chill though he knew i was nervous as hell since this my first ticket, anyway he asked where my front plate was and i tired to get outta of it saying i just got into a front bumper accident well he didn't buy it and now I'm in debt to the sayreville police station for 54 dollars lol.

but do you guys think i should fight it? it has a court appearance date and the lady at the station told me i could either pay the 54 bucks with no points, or just fight it she said bring some pictures of the car with the plate on and expalin to the judge and I should win ol, i just don't want my dad to know about this scott, kim and matt can understand why

err sorry about the writing kinda still nervous just got the ticket 30mins ago and went straight to the station the lady was like your probably the first person I've seen to come here right after getting a ticket lol
Even better pay the $54 and if you plan on running without the plate in the future step it up and go james bond...a cop would bug out...if he pulls you over not seeing a plate thinking he got you...as he is pulling you ya just flip the switch and the plate come down...I am sure if you are creative you could figure our a discrete way to mount this up.
http://www.yogisinc.com/Detail.cfm/-...80/product.htm
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #59
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92*2*JK View Post
Even better pay the $54 and if you plan on running without the plate in the future step it up and go james bond...a cop would bug out...if he pulls you over not seeing a plate thinking he got you...as he is pulling you ya just flip the switch and the plate come down...I am sure if you are creative you could figure our a discrete way to mount this up.
http://www.yogisinc.com/Detail.cfm/-...80/product.htm
lol thats not a bad idea!! for now i'm just leaving my plate in the car and maybe he'll let me go next time since i didn't even have it when he ask to see the plate lol
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #60
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

pay to play bro...

*knock on wood* i have only gotten 1 no plate ticket, and i wasnt even driving that time (parked in a meter in nyc)

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #61
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
United_States
Rep
Drives: a motorized vee-hickle

Quote:
very true I'll trade you my modded E90 for your E92....i should ask you this while your drunk or something

agreed I guess I gotta dig a little into the E92 fund
damn $54 is eating in your fund?? lol thats not good man. you should be worried about having more money than getting a new car if $54 is gonna hurt your money situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
license plate tickets raise your premium?
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92*2*JK View Post
when ure out of it...put the plate on the dash against the windshield...they usually leave you alone if you do that.
worst idea. if you put it there, they will see you dont have it on the front.

just dont even rock a front plate. if you start racking up tickets, then i would worry about it. this is your first ticket and its a non moving violation!...jeez your acting like you got a 4pt speeding ticket lol

just pay it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #62
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
damn $54 is eating in your fund?? lol thats not good man. you should be worried about having more money than getting a new car if $54 is gonna hurt your money situation.

no

worst idea. if you put it there, they will see you dont have it on the front.

just dont even rock a front plate. if you start racking up tickets, then i would worry about it. this is your first ticket and its a non moving violation!...jeez your acting like you got a 4pt speeding ticket lol

just pay it.
haha man my E92 fund is set up so i'll have just enough i have money on the side for misc stuff but i didn't plan to spend it on a stupid ticket, I actually paid for it already wrote a check out to them, probably my first check i ever wrote being that they don't take cash or credit lol
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #63
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliejai View Post
pay to play bro...

*knock on wood* i have only gotten 1 no plate ticket, and i wasnt even driving that time (parked in a meter in nyc)
lol at least i was driving i would have been pissed off even more if i was just parked
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #64
Jet335i
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '11 E92 M3

I had no front plate on my loud obnoxiously yellow evo and i got pulled over in my town (holmdel) ALL the time. I kept getting off cause my best friend went to HS with the cop who kept pulling me over. Finally he said "dude, I'm gonna give you a ticket next time, i swear to god." I zip-tied it on the next day....It's $54...that's nothing...pay it and either realize you're probably going to get caught more, or you can put it on.

Think of it as a tax on looking good.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #65
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet335i View Post
I had no front plate on my loud obnoxiously yellow evo and i got pulled over in my town (holmdel) ALL the time. I kept getting off cause my best friend went to HS with the cop who kept pulling me over. Finally he said "dude, I'm gonna give you a ticket next time, i swear to god." I zip-tied it on the next day....It's $54...that's nothing...pay it and either realize you're probably going to get caught more, or you can put it on.

Think of it as a tax on looking good.
haha man if i get pulled over the third time I'd just give up then lol
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #66
slick101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
PBA cards