E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Low Mileage Maintenance and Service Light

08-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
slimmie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB e92 335i

Low Mileage Maintenance and Service Light

Okay, did a search on this but nothing came up, however I don't doubt the fact that theres a post related to this somewhere, sorry in advance.

A couple months ago I went in for the low mileage oil maintenance service because my year hit before the "service engine" light came on. To my understanding, the counter does not get a reset when you go in for a low mileage oil change.

Now my counter is at 18k, and the service engine light is on requesting that I contact my local dealership for service. Now on to the questions, two of them.

1. What type of service will they perform? I doubt another oil change but im guessing things like checking the brakes, wipers, fluids. Is this correct?

2. Im assuming my mileage counter will now be reset. My low mileage oil change was at 12.5k and now its at 18k for service. When it gets reset, will the counter for my next free oil change start at 12.5k or 18k. If it starts at 12.5k then its going to take about 20k miles before I get my next oil service(that would sux).

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmie View Post
1. What type of service will they perform? I doubt another oil change but im guessing things like checking the brakes, wipers, fluids. Is this correct?

2. Im assuming my mileage counter will now be reset. My low mileage oil change was at 12.5k and now its at 18k for service. When it gets reset, will the counter for my next free oil change start at 12.5k or 18k. If it starts at 12.5k then its going to take about 20k miles before I get my next oil service(that would sux).
1. They will perform the regularly schedule service. If that means another oil change, it means another oil change. A little ridiculous, maybe, but in your favor.

2. Maintenance reminder will be reset as of the current mileage. Next scheduled maintenance will be when the car indicates. If you don't hit another scheduled oil change within 12 months, you get another annual oil change.

Note that for the one year "low mileage" oil change, they will reset the indicator if it looks like the customer would hit the regularly schedule oil change within the following 60 days. See attached SIB 00 04 01.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SIB000401 - Low Mileage Oil Service.pdf (90.8 KB, 281 views)
      08-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
slimmie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB e92 335i

omg.. Awesome!!
Thanks! =D
Appreciate 0