E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Former G35 owners! Come on in & share!

Closed Thread

08-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #155
haggomyeggo
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

i just traded in my 370Z for a E93 335i

I love it so much. I loved the Z but its ride and tire roar were just getting old.

Ive had 2 Z cars 350 and 370 and was finally wanting to get into something that wasnt a nissan....

sorry pics are kinda big....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #156
Deemo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
It's amazing how every single G here was riced out.
lol.
      08-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #157
ApexM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Garage List
16 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Just voicing my opinion, everyone has a right to.
You have that right but riced out in your eyes is actually JDM. Just the style that goes with it. Dont hate on it. My G35 had more in parts than your base 3 series is even worth. Not to mention way faster... so cool it with the negative remarks.

Why dont you start a thread showing off your completely stock 3 and lets see what kind of comments you get. They wont be rice comments but there really isnt much to brag about when it comes to your car now is there?

Nice euro plate
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #158
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonE92 View Post
You have that right but riced out in your eyes is actually JDM. Just the style that goes with it. Dont hate on it. My G35 had more in parts than your base 3 series is even worth. Not to mention way faster... so cool it with the negative remarks.

Why dont you start a thread showing off your completely stock 3 and lets see what kind of comments you get. They wont be rice comments but there really isnt much to brag about when it comes to your car now is there?

Nice euro plate
Just a young kid it seems that doesn't get the style of two diff cars. JDM cars just like Euros have there own tried and true style just like most on here like a certain look thats coined popular and clean.

They also have there own corny mods as we call RICE or KRAUT or whatever you call rice on a german car.

Unfortunately a Euro plate falls under that umbrella, I had one way back when in probaly 1999 on my 92 Jetta GLI.

As an old G35 owner they are the 3 Series Japanese cousin, Its there biggest competitor and what they try to emulate. It was a great car and performed
amazing. With that being said I wouldnt say any of the rides posted in this thread have really looked ricey at all. People rice out there BMW's as well that
new BS HELLA FLUSH 19x10s with 225 tires etc bs that ruins the handling and looks like ass is just a new form of rice.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 08-21-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #159
ApexM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
16 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20 View Post
Just a young kid it seems that doesn't get the style of two diff cars. JDM cars just like Euros have there own tried and true style just like most on here like a certain look thats coined popular and clean.

They also have there own corny mods as we call RICE or KRAUT or whatever you call rice on a german car.

Unfortunately a Euro plate falls under that umbrella, I had one way back when in probaly 1999 on my 92 Jetta GLI.

As an old G35 owner they are the 3 Series Japanese cousin, Its there biggest competitor and what they try to emulate. It was a great car and performed
amazing. With that being said I wouldnt say any of the rides posted in this thread have really looked ricey at all. People rice out there BMW's as well that
new BS HELLA FLUSH 19x10s with 225 tires etc bs that ruins the handling and looks like ass is just a new form of rice.
Spoken like a true gentleman. Well done sir.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #160
Bimmerfan14
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 215 bmw m4

Hey hey hey I thought this was a bmw form what's up with that what's next scion and hyundai lol
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #161
ApexM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
16 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfan14 View Post
Hey hey hey I thought this was a bmw form what's up with that what's next scion and hyundai lol
Its just "A" thread dude. Get over it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #162
AndyDaBoss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TiAg 08' E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.50]
Quote:

preach !

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #163
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Spoken like a true gentleman. Well done sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfan14 View Post
Just car guys talking about other fine cars on the road, nothing wrong with giving respect where its do with other rides sometimes.. Maybe we need an off-topic section haha
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #164
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:

Nice euro plate
Lol!!! I don't know where to start with you!!

Base 3 series? It's actually fully loaded except Nav, so I'm not sure where you got that from. 14k miles, CPO, cost me $40k when I got it. So let me get this straight: You spent 40k ricing out your G35, with the G costing less than my 335i to begin with? Props to you!!!

If you want to talk numbers, I own a Maserati Quattroporte, BMW 645 Vert, 335i, GMC Yukon XL Denali, and a Mazda CX9. That's around $300,000 just in cars bud... All owned (I assume you lease from your current thread?) So if you need to make yourself feel great about dumping boat-loads of cash into a car that isn't really good to begin with, more power to you! (My opinion. I would assume you figured out that it IS, hence you made the switch to a 3 series?) So please "cool it" before you make false, baseless comments directed towards me. Thank you for the comment about the plate!

Honestly, what kind of comments would you expect on a 3 Series forum anyways? Do you REALLY think more people go from a 335i to an Infiniti G? Cmon now.

Quote:

Bold. Enough said.

Please don't assume "young kid".

Last edited by E90Company; 08-21-2012 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #165
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Base 3 series? It's actually fully loaded except Nav, so I'm not sure where you got that from. 14k miles, CPO, cost me $40k when I got it. So let me get this straight: You spent 40k ricing out your G35, with the G costing less than my 335i to begin with? Props to you!!!

If you want to talk numbers, I own a Maserati Quattroporte, BMW 645 Vert, 335i, GMC Yukon XL Denali, and a Mazda CX9. That's around $300,000 just in cars bud... All owned (I assume you lease from your current thread?) So if you need to make yourself feel great about dumping boat-loads of cash into a car that isn't really good to begin with, more power to you! (My opinion. I would assume you figured out that it IS, hence you made the switch to a 3 series?) So please "cool it" before you make false, baseless comments directed towards me. Thank you for the comment about the plate!

Honestly, what kind of comments would you expect on a 3 Series forum anyways? Do you REALLY think more people go from a 335i to an Infiniti G? Cmon now. Every G owner I know either wants or wishes being in a BMW

Bold. Enough said.

Hey if your not I apologize that's just how it came off.. Not here to throw stones.

G35s are great cars, They come with many things standard that are optional on our
BMW's for less money all while being get this ( MORE RELIABLE ) call it what you will
that the BMW is superior ( AND I LOVE MY BMW ). But in many ways outside of fit and
finish and materials... Mechanically usually they are less superior. Less HP + More problems

With that being said, Nothing drives like a BMW and the V6 is not as smooth as the I6, but they are 90% of the way there.

The G35's DriveTrain & Chassis is just as advanced if not more than the BMW shy of the M3, Really
cant compare NA to Turbo not a fair comparison.. On a boosted application the Nissan V6 will make
well over 1000WHP

Lets get back to just enjoying our cars and give some credit where its do.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 08-21-2012 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #166
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Hey if your not I apologize that's just how it came off.. Not here to throw stones.

G35s are great cars, They come with many things standard that are optional on our
BMW's for less money all while being get this ( MORE RELIABLE ) call it what you will
that the BMW is superior ( AND I LOVE MY BMW ). But in many ways outside of fit and
finish and materials... Mechanically usually they are less superior. Less HP + More problems

With that being said, Nothing drives like a BMW but they are 90% of the way there.

The G35's DriveTrain & Chassis is just as advanced if not more than the BMW shy of the M3, Really
cant compare NA to Turbo not a fair comparison.. On a boosted application the Nissan V6 will make
well over 1000WHP
No worries. Just responding to people like Hudson, who make harsh responses with baseless facts about an opinion I made.

My original comment was an opinion towards the G's cosmetics only. I seem to feel like you're thinking I'm talking about the drivetrain/suspension of the car, which is not the case here.

People do switch to the BMW more than they switch to a G. Just an inference I made, and I don't know why.

Last edited by E90Company; 08-21-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #167
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No worries. Just responding to people like Hudson, who make harsh responses with baseless facts about an opinion I made.

My original comment was an opinion towards the G's cosmetics only. I seem to feel like you're thinking I'm talking about the drivetrain/suspension of the car, which is not the case here.

People do switch to the BMW more than they switch to a G. Just an inference I made, and I don't know why.
Ill tell you why they do hahah and im not looking for flames but heres my take..

The 3 series to cars is like the iPhone to phones... Its the end all be all.. Everyphone is dubbed "AN iPhone Killer" or a 3 Series killer yet the iPhone & 3 series continues to be #1

Even when other companies make phones and competitors to the BMW come out for less money with more power / features its still the phone/car
to beat. Its the original high end smartphone that started the phone scene we have today and is above all associated with high quality materials and workmanship.

The 3 series is in the same boat, The Infiniti, Lexus IS, Cadillac ATS are nice cars but still are trying to chase the 3 series, they try an emulate and compare to the
3 series but its just not a 3 series. BMW or iPhone doesnt sit back and say what is Infinity / Cadillac etc / Android mfrs gonna do next. They spear ahead there own path and others follow.

BMW and the 3 series invented the class and others try to emulate it, there on top of there game!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #168
ApexM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
16 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Honestly, what kind of comments would you expect on a 3 Series forum anyways? Do you REALLY think more people go from a 335i to an Infiniti G? Cmon now.

Bold. Enough said.

All those cars and you have almost 4K posts on a 3 series forum? right
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #169
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Banh Xeo

Quote:
His Maserati is beautiful :P I've seen it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #170
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
And that's your response!!!! Have you ever heard of Boca Raton?!
If you don't believe me I'll be glad to post pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
His Maserati is beautiful :P I've seen it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #171
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Damn, it's hot in here.
Anyways, my first car was a 2004 G35 coupe Black/tan. I loved the car very much and as much as I risk sounding like a BMW fanboy -- it's no comparison to my current BMW. I never got into modding/tuning with the G so I don't know how the market is or the inner workings of the G but from what I experienced; the interior design, lack of head space for the passengers and that ridiculous clock on the dash was enough to make it sell it. At that point the VQ's signature exhaust note wasn't enough to make me keep the car. To make a long story short, I'm happier with my 3-er than my G.
      08-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #172
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Munkey View Post
Damn, it's hot in here.
Anyways, my first car was a 2004 G35 coupe Black/tan. I loved the car very much and as much as I risk sounding like a BMW fanboy -- it's no comparison to my current BMW. I never got into modding/tuning with the G so I don't know how the market is or the inner workings of the G but from what I experienced; the interior design, lack of head space for the passengers and that ridiculous clock on the dash was enough to make it sell it. At that point the VQ's signature exhaust note wasn't enough to make me keep the car. To make a long story short, I'm happier with my 3-er than my G.
I agree, I loved my G but I love my 3 more! Ever since I got an E30 I was hooked soon after I had to sell the car
due to 1 to many projects and decided to replace the G with a newer model.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #173
ihc95
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 2018 Mustang GT

Garage List
Gonna be a sad day when the VQs are phased out by MB engines. My uncle has an 05 X and it's awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #174
Slowly108
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM E92

I'll add.. owned mine for nearly 7 years!
Attached Images

Last edited by Slowly108; 08-22-2012 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: pictures
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #175
Ice350
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus GS350

I don't understand all the hoopla over G35 vs 3 series. Both cars are in the same class with the G being more sporty and 3 being more refined.

Besides, a better debate would be the current G37 vs the 3.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #176
ApexM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
16 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
And that's your response!!!! Have you ever heard of Boca Raton?!
If you don't believe me I'll be glad to post pics.
Dude get over yourself. Yeah boca is where all the old people live.. how awesome. Im sure all your friends at the retirement home love your 3 series sedan.

And you car is base.. look at those wheels.. your such a "baller" but you dont even have the M sport or Nav? You can take your Maserati and your boca and your awesome cx9 and shove them all up your ass.

I moved up to a 3 so obviously i dont think an infiniti is better.

Next time don't make douche bag comments about other peoples cars.
"It's amazing how every single G here was riced out." - E90 company
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread