E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Canada Announces Limited E90 335xi xDrive Sedan Special Edition With Power Kit

04-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #991
cgy-jim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335Xi, Special Edition

Anybody know where to get the black kidney grills in Canada? Shipping from the US is so painful....and $$
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #992
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgy-jim View Post
Anybody know where to get the black kidney grills in Canada? Shipping from the US is so painful....and $$
Dealer? Grab OEM ones. Better fit and quality. They should be similar pricing at Canadian and US dealers since the f30 is out now...if they have stock they will probably want to sell it cheap.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #993
firsttimer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgy-jim View Post
Edmonton BMW was selling them for $90 for the pair.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #994
firsttimer
Private
Rep

Has anyone done the DINAN tune or Autowerke tune for thier SE 335?

I am looking into but I and can't seem to get firm numbers on the Autowerke tune, I think the DINAN gets you to 360hpr & 400lb.

Also from asking around, even though the spacers will look great, I got a lot of push back from various people/companies saying that it can cause problems with the preformance setup and if their are issues, can void warrenty.

Last edited by firsttimer; 04-21-2012 at 11:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #995
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
Has anyone done the DINAN tune or Autowerke tune for thier SE 335?

I am looking into but I and can't seem to get firm numbers on the Autowerke tune, I think the DINAN gets you to 360hpr & 400lb.

Also from asking around, even though the spacers will look great, I got a lot of push back from various people/companies saying that it can cause problems with the preformance setup and if their are issues, can void warrenty.
Who told you spacers can cause issues? What's their logic behind it?

Dinan is a good tune but it's extremely expensive compared to other available tunes.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #996
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Given these are sold by all the big tuner companies, I doubt there is a big issue. No question it will change your suspension geometry slightly, but not really different from using different size or offset wheels. Of course, if you go too wide and damage a tire or fender that would be all your fault.

I'm inclined, however, to go with equal size spacers front and back, just so as to not change the cars relative track, which I guess would mean 12mm all around.

On another note, I'm thinking in the fall when I put my winter wheels on, I'm going to get the 313s powder coated black. Found a pic on one of the threads.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444441

My winter wheels are black and I like the look. Don't have any pics, though.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #997
Weltall.
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335i S.E

Hope you guys can help me out here.
I've got a warning "Engine running hot, Drive Moderately", this was when I was driving during heavy traffic with a lot of idling, seemed odd, the warning went away after i got to some open road and cruised so I went on my way. Temp seemed to have dropped from 120 to about 70 if I remember correctly.
Now today my fiancé took the car out to go out with her friends, Car gave a warning, "engine is hot let engine cool down". So she pulled over and shut off the engine, before that she tried to give it gas but the car wouldn't go.
Now after she let the car chill for a bit while they went inside chapters, it seems fine to her after start up and driving around the parking lot.
No warnings coming up.
Any ideas what it may be?
I'm going to bring the car in tmrw morning to see if I can get checked out.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #998
firsttimer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
Who told you spacers can cause issues? What's their logic behind it?

Dinan is a good tune but it's extremely expensive compared to other available tunes.
I Think Kernal hit on the head with his comments about the pressure points being changed when you push out the rims from the standard setup, especially at high speeds and aggresive turns. They (BMW, EEC Motors & Tire Warehouse) might just not want the liability IF anything goes wrong.

I am leaning towards to Autowerke Tune...I think its about 1200-1500 versus 2500-3000 for the Dinan. From a friend who had it done, the car is supposed to fly off the start!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #999
firsttimer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Kurtz View Post
Given these are sold by all the big tuner companies, I doubt there is a big issue. No question it will change your suspension geometry slightly, but not really different from using different size or offset wheels. Of course, if you go too wide and damage a tire or fender that would be all your fault.

I'm inclined, however, to go with equal size spacers front and back, just so as to not change the cars relative track, which I guess would mean 12mm all around.

On another note, I'm thinking in the fall when I put my winter wheels on, I'm going to get the 313s powder coated black. Found a pic on one of the threads.

Ive seen the black rims look good on some cars. Be carefull, White car with Black Rims would looks good, make sure that Black on Black will look good as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #1000
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltall. View Post
I guess just the obvious suggestion to check your coolant level. I'm sure you will get a warning if it is low, but my experience is that the level does go down over time and needs to be topped up occasionally. Could be right on the edge.

Other than that, taking it to the dealer and having them check for stored codes would be what I would do.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #1001
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ive seen the black rims look good on some cars. Be carefull, White car with Black Rims would looks good, make sure that Black on Black will look good as well.
There are no shortage of pics of black cars with black rims around these forums.

Obviously looks are a subjective thing - some may not like it, but I do. I'm not really one to care what other people think anyway :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #1002
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Quote:
There are no shortage of pics of black cars with black rims around these forums.

Obviously looks are a subjective thing - some may not like it, but I do. I'm not really one to care what other people think anyway :-)
Honest opinion is leave them stock. They look soo nice with the two tone finish. But to each their own. If you are going to do them matte black look into plasti-dip. Lots of people use it on wheels and its supposed to be reversible.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #1003
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition

Quote:
Hope you guys can help me out here.
I've got a warning "Engine running hot, Drive Moderately", this was when I was driving during heavy traffic with a lot of idling, seemed odd, the warning went away after i got to some open road and cruised so I went on my way. Temp seemed to have dropped from 120 to about 70 if I remember correctly.
Now today my fiancé took the car out to go out with her friends, Car gave a warning, "engine is hot let engine cool down". So she pulled over and shut off the engine, before that she tried to give it gas but the car wouldn't go.
Now after she let the car chill for a bit while they went inside chapters, it seems fine to her after start up and driving around the parking lot.
No warnings coming up.
Any news? Look at what has happened to me ... my engine failed after driving through heavy traffic.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #1004
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post
Any news? Look at what has happened to me ... my engine failed after driving through heavy traffic.
water pump, engine, sensor, could be antyhing.

Need to get it checked by the dealer!!

2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #1005
Weltall.
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335i S.E

Update, took my car in yesterday for the overheating issues, turns out my rad's fan wasn't turning on, think it was the relay or fuse. Which also explains why it would happen when I'm idling in traffic.
Even my SA was dumbfounded when I told him my problems. Dealt with the problem at Autohaus since I bought from there. Nick, my SA is pretty chilling, set me up with a loaner 323, pretty satisfied with how they handled me although I haven't been anywhere else before : .

PS: After that 323 loaner... I appreciate my car so much more haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #1006
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Xdrive Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco335iXdriveSE View Post
My Engine Service light is on and stayed on again today! The car only has 2617km! I have the oil cap secured 100% for sure!
The first time the engine light came on was when the car had 750km on it, and 3 days after I filled up the gas. I bought my back to the dealer at that time and the service agent at the BMW Autohaus said that the oil cap was not tight, which caused that. He wanted to charge me $150 to cleared the Engine Light. He waived the charge after I argued with him, as I did not believe in that since I was very sure the oil cap was tightly closed.
Now at 2617km, the Engine Sevice light comes on again, 4 days after I filled up the gas. I checked the cap and it was tightly closed and there is no way one could close any tighter!!!
The car still drive the same and I do not notice anything problem!
It is becoming so annoying that I don't know I should do about this!
I have never had a car before that gives me any unexpected problem, even after 150,000km.
I don't mind the regular wear and tear maintenance, but not something like this! And the worse thing is that the service department of the BMW dealership is not willing to take ownership of the problem, and trying to blame the customer for the problem so they charge them to fix it!!!
Does anyone have any good suggestion as of what I should do with this problem?
I am really thankful to see that a lot of members of this forum are really supportive and are helping each other out when someone has a problem or a question.
Update to me Service Engine Light problem:
I bought my car in to the SEL problem, dealt with the assisstance manager. They did not have any loaner for me, so they rent a Kia Sorento and loan it to me so I can be mobile.
I called them up after 3 hours after to see when I can pick up the car, and what the problem is. They told me that it is the DMT that ey need to replace. I did a search on google and found that I am not the only one who has this problem!! I can believe that the DMT needs to be replaced when the car is still so new!
Well.. I hope the problem will go away after the DMT is replaced!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #1007
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
Update, took my car in yesterday for the overheating issues, turns out my rad's fan wasn't turning on, think it was the relay or fuse. Which also explains why it would happen when I'm idling in traffic.
Even my SA was dumbfounded when I told him my problems. Dealt with the problem at Autohaus since I bought from there. Nick, my SA is pretty chilling, set me up with a loaner 323, pretty satisfied with how they handled me although I haven't been anywhere else before : .

PS: After that 323 loaner... I appreciate my car so much more haha.
You are lucky you got a 323 loaner.....as I only got a Kia Soreto as a loaner
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #1008
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep

I thought BMWs dealers normally have BMWs for loaners? I've never had anything but. A wide selection over the years.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #1009
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
I thought BMWs dealers normally have BMWs for loaners? I've never had anything but. A wide selection over the years.
Apparently, using Kia as loaner is cheaper in cost for them.....
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #1010
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:

You cant just go 12 all around automatically. It depends on offset of your wheels. I went 10 on rear and nothing on the front. If you get the correct offset then you wont need spacers.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #1011
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
You cant just go 12 all around automatically. It depends on offset of your wheels. I went 10 on rear and nothing on the front. If you get the correct offset then you wont need spacers.
I s'pose I'll have to post the question in the appropriate thread. I'm running the stock 313s with OEM RE050As. A previous poster said 18 in the front and 12 in the back fits OK. From purely visual inspection, it looks like you can't go as wide in the back. I want to maintain the stock track proportions, so if 12 is OK in the rear and is less than is possible in the front, 12 all around will be fine. Otherwise I guess it will be 10 all around. Less than that is probably pointless.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #1012
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Quote:
I s'pose I'll have to post the question in the appropriate thread. I'm running the stock 313s with OEM RE050As. A previous poster said 18 in the front and 12 in the back fits OK. From purely visual inspection, it looks like you can't go as wide in the back. I want to maintain the stock track proportions, so if 12 is OK in the rear and is less than is possible in the front, 12 all around will be fine. Otherwise I guess it will be 10 all around. Less than that is probably pointless.
Don't worry about what this leaker guy is saying. Not sure he realized that we all have the same stock wheels. 12mm will work for the car if its not lowered.
Appreciate 0