E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > New Release: UUC Tubular Sway Bars for BMW E90 E92 RWD & Xi - 15lbs Lighter!

03-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #1
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Cool New Release: UUC Tubular Sway Bars for BMW E90 E92 RWD & Xi - 15lbs Lighter!

NEW!
Lightweight tubular design has the same functionality as our solid swaybars but saves approximately 15lbs of weight.

Front and rear bars are available separately - special discounted pricing when you buy both.

Suitable for 335i, 330i, 328i, 325i 335Xi, 330Xi, 328Xi, 325Xi models (RWD and Xi)

Now you can have the same swaybar technology used in the official BMW 335d racecars! UUC is proud to have been the manufacturer of swaybars for the 335d racecars campaigned by BMW USA.

What's a Sway Bar?

An anti-sway bar is a suspension component designed to reduce body roll. It keeps your vehicle flatter in the turns by transferring the pressure exerted on the outboard wheels and applying opposite pressure on the inboard wheels. In this way weight is more evenly applied to all four wheels, helping the vehicle stay more level with the road.

Technical details

As an example of our attention to detail, the E90 3-series Sway Barbarians is a very unique set of bars. Features include:

- Revised contouring for maximum clearance even with extremely lowered cars.
- Precision-cut adjustable ends.
- Urethane bushings and lubrication included.

Sizes

TUBULAR DIAMETER SOLID EQUIVALENT
FRONT 30mm 27mm
REAR 25mm 23.8mm
Superior Materials

We put our bars through this extensive process to insure that the final product will be the strongest, most durable bar on the market, and that it will be the most resistant to form alteration.

Adjustability

Our rear E90 Xi swaybar uses a multi-hole system on the rear bars which allows for fine tuning of the bar for whatever desired effect, without sacrificing body roll.

Front Bar: non-adjustable
Rear Bar: 2 hole adjustment

Powdercoated Finish

After the bars are CNC mandrel bent and the ends are forged and punched, a silver powdercoat is applied for a smooth, long lasting finish in a similar process to how factory bars are coated. This smooth finish allows the bars, when properly installed with polyurethane bushings and grease, for long term performance with minimal maintenance.

Polyurethane Bushings and steel brackets

The SwayBarbarians include replacement polyurethane bushings which are built to "aircraft spec" (literally - our urethane fabrication facility uses the same material and production guidelines as they do for Boeing). This results in a durable bushing that will not disintegrate and has longer re-lubrication intervals for long lasting, quiet results. Be sure to use generous amounts of grease to ensure maximum performance from your SwayBarbarians!

Steel brackets are included which replace the weaker original equipment aluminum brackets.

These are currently on sale at TGS. Log in to activate discounts!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 04:50 PM   #2
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep
Drives: bmw

This looks great
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
martinm0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i RWD 6MT Sport

Has the solid front sway bar been completely replaced by this new tubular product? I see that UUC still carries the solid rear bar, but I no longer see the option to buy the front bar.

Is the thought that some might just want to update the rear bar hence the solid option? And the front and rear pairs are now just a lighter, tubular design?

Also, is the tubular rear bar stiffer than the solid bar? The solid rear bar is 19.5mm, and you indicate that the solid bar equivalent to the tubular rear bar is 23.8mm.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinm0 View Post
Has the solid front sway bar been completely replaced by this new tubular product? I see that UUC still carries the solid rear bar, but I no longer see the option to buy the front bar.

Is the thought that some might just want to update the rear bar hence the solid option? And the front and rear pairs are now just a lighter, tubular design?

Also, is the tubular rear bar stiffer than the solid bar? The solid rear bar is 19.5mm, and you indicate that the solid bar equivalent to the tubular rear bar is 23.8mm.
UUC is phasing out the solid bar and this is the replacement. Historically, their website inventory is wrong so keep that in mind.

The stiffness is about = to the predecessor with the benefit now being that it's lighter.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #5
autoart
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90 M/ 22 X3

Do you save 15lbs when you change the 2 bars or just 1?
Appreciate 0