E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Is it ever okay to tell someone...

05-26-2006, 08:56 AM   #23
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

sounds like you've got a stage 5 clinger

the whole thing about a fist doesn't sound like a good idea either

it's tough to have 2 people who are starting out with different relationship goals end up working towards the same situation.

after 3 dates you shouldn't have to tell him anything, if he asks don't deny though
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #24
thedean786
A Herald of Doom
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Fancy Car

No one wants to play second fiddle to anyone. If you have the courage to go out with him 3 times you should have the courage to tell him you are seeing other people. Furthermore, if you can't even commit why are you even bothering to date anyone? You should go to the bar get silly drunk, fuck someone and call it a night. Why drag it out for 3 dates!?!?!
      05-26-2006, 09:37 AM   #25
geeslice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedean786
No one wants to play second fiddle to anyone. If you have the courage to go out with him 3 times you should have the courage to tell him you are seeing other people. Furthermore, if you can't even commit why are you even bothering to date anyone? You should go to the bar get silly drunk, fuck someone and call it a night. Why drag it out for 3 dates!?!?!
I should make the note that I am not f***ing anyone....

I can commit once I know a person. I don't feel like I know someone enough to commit to them after three dates.

'06 E90 325xi Sparkling Graphite, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Walnut Burl Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons = LOVE
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2006, 10:11 AM   #26
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

No reason to tell him. You went on three dates, you don't owe him an explanation. And in my eyes, he's a bit insecure to bring it up first... Also, I'm an actual lawyer and will warn you, after he's done with law school you will have a completely different mind to deal with...be prepared.
      05-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #27
geeslice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu
No reason to tell him. You went on three dates, you don't owe him an explanation. And in my eyes, he's a bit insecure to bring it up first... Also, I'm an actual lawyer and will warn you, after he's done with law school you will have a completely different mind to deal with...be prepared.
I hope so. I'm running circles around him with the LSAT questions though so I'm not sure if he'll actually persue this...

'06 E90 325xi Sparkling Graphite, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Walnut Burl Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons = LOVE
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #28
gdnyc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Jet Black

You have to do the right thing in this situation.
Since he brought up the commitment situation, you should definitely let him know that you guys aren't on the same page. Tell him that you like to take it easy and slow. I wouldn't neccesarily tell him that you are seeing other people unless he asks you. I like to take the "if they don't ask, don't tell" approach. If you are (banging, f&cking, having sexual intercourse, making love, slamming, etc choose your favorite term), then I think the other person should know.
You have to give him some kind of a heads up, but it may make him stand offish with you though

BMW, please get rid of the RFT's and give us a spare tire!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #29
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeslice
He's set himselfupfor failure. Didn't start studying or taking a class until 2 weeks ago and takes it June 12th...

I'm already questioning his intelligence...
That means nothing. I did not take any classes for my MCAT's. Now, the Boards is a different story
Oh, by the way, it sounds like you guys are just testing the waters so I'd just talk to him and make sure you are both clear on where you are at in your dating/relationship.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #30
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
3 dates only, no reason to bring this up yet. When you feel that you guys are at the stage of a relationship where you want to be exclusive, then thats the time to bring it up. If you really want to get into the topic, why don't you casually ask him how many other girls he's seeing, and he will likely ask you the same in return. Being passive aggressive works sometime.
      05-26-2006, 03:27 PM   #31
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I agree with the other posters, i think its too early to tell him your thinking/wanting or are dating other people. However, that may suck for him, esp if in his mind, you two are exclusive or are very close to being exclusive. Or you can always be straight up honest and tell him how it is, dont sugarcoat. Tell him you dont want to be in a committed relationship at the moment..nuff said. If he cant figure that out, he shouldnt be in law school haaha.

But honestly Gee, it doesnt sound like your interested in this guy anyway. I bet if he was acting the same way you are by never calling, acting disinterested, you'd prob be all over his nuts.
      05-26-2006, 03:45 PM   #32
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw

But honestly Gee, it doesnt sound like your interested in this guy anyway. I bet if he was acting the same way you are by never calling, acting disinterested, you'd prob be all over his nuts.

She did say that she is interested in him but she's a "commitment phobic". She wanna get to know him better before she wanna be tied down to just him. Til then, she wanna/is dating other people as well...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #33
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

The fact that you posted this question means you are seriously contemplating telling him, which also implies that you want to either break things off or goad him into starting something. Period. People don't normally open their mouths for no reason, expecting nothing to happen. People open their mouths in order to cause an effect. So you want something out of him: either you want him to step up his game Mac-style or back off Puck-style.

But hey, when I was pimping back in the days this elusive woman told me straightup she's not into monogamous relationships and then tried to fend me off by telling me she was engaged with some other dude. At the same time, the Menacing Mac Master taught me how to be a ladies man and with my acquried skills I captured this wild woman from the jungle and tamed her ass with such quickness before Imperial can even say BA-ZING!

It's time to go back to work. Dammit.
      05-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #34
geeslice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I agree with the other posters, i think its too early to tell him your thinking/wanting or are dating other people. However, that may suck for him, esp if in his mind, you two are exclusive or are very close to being exclusive. Or you can always be straight up honest and tell him how it is, dont sugarcoat. Tell him you dont want to be in a committed relationship at the moment..nuff said. If he cant figure that out, he shouldnt be in law school haaha.

I am interested in him. To be honest I would rather just be dating him but I'm scared to put all my eggs in one basket or whatnot. I got out of a very serious realtionship four months ago so I'm trying to take things slow. Plus I'm kinda in unknown territory because he is only 23 and I have never dated anyone my age before and I've kinda always had the idea that they are less "stable" when it comes to these things. Like one day they wull just dissapear.

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #35
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
I am interested in him. To be honest I would rather just be dating him but I'm scared to put all my eggs in one basket or whatnot. I got out of a very serious realtionship four months ago so I'm trying to take things slow. Plus I'm kinda in unknown territory because he is only 23 and I have never dated anyone my age before and I've kinda always had the idea that they are less "stable" when it comes to these things. Like one day they wull just dissapear.
I know how you feel gee. I got out of a serious relationship about 6 months ago, and honestly, i havent been able to date anyone either. Im afriad to be committed, throw all my emotions into it, and then have it blow up in my face. So until then, ive just been dating here and there.. hanging with friends..etc. Now that you gave a lil more info about your situation, i would say to just take things slow.. no rush in getting into another relationship. Time to be single and found out exactly what you want. I think you should tell him the truth
      05-26-2006, 04:59 PM   #36
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Then pretty simple, everytime he brings up the topic, just tell him you're not ready to be exclusive yet. If he's willing to put up with the bull, then good, if not, then you're not missing anything great anyways. And if you keep him happy in bed then he shouldn't be complaining too much anyways
      05-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #37
cooh23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

I've had the same experience. I've gone out with 3 or 4 dates with this one girl and she asked me if we were bf or gf.. I said no, only because i'm dating other girls and I don't wanna commit. I wouldn't say anything about dating other people, it's really none of her business.
      05-28-2006, 11:25 PM   #38
mava330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupe

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
The fact that you posted this question means you are seriously contemplating telling him, which also implies that you want to either break things off or goad him into starting something. Period. People don't normally open their mouths for no reason, expecting nothing to happen. People open their mouths in order to cause an effect. So you want something out of him: either you want him to step up his game Mac-style or back off Puck-style.

But hey, when I was pimping back in the days this elusive woman told me straightup she's not into monogamous relationships and then tried to fend me off by telling me she was engaged with some other dude. At the same time, the Menacing Mac Master taught me how to be a ladies man and with my acquried skills I captured this wild woman from the jungle and tamed her ass with such quickness before Imperial can even say BA-ZING!

It's time to go back to work. Dammit.
Sorry but

Squawks!!??!! you're crazy homie!! Just crazy!!

I'll paste this in my Eurofest thread and extract from it all your hidden messages. You a crazy mofo!
2005 S2000 Silverstone / Red/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 01:44 AM   #39
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Crimson Red

SO what happened?

*suspense*
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2006, 06:34 PM   #40
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

If you're dating other people, you should be forthright about it. There is nothing worse than mixed signals and bad communication. Just make sure that he understands your perspective.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 07-14-2006 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2006, 08:32 PM   #41
aphall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i rec'd 2/17/06

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I think if you're dating someone, that it's understood that you're dating other people. There's no need to bring it up in a formal conversation, and if you have a date that conflicts, just say you have another date that day. That's a clear enough message. 3 dates, you owe the guy nothing. People date more than one person at a time all the time. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #42
geeslice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2004 Audi TT  [0.00]
To give a short update:

We are still dating. I stopped dating other ppl and so has he but I'm not ready to say the word yet... yanno, starts with a B and ends in a friend...

So we've been seeing each other since May and everything is laid back and cool and I'm enjoying it.

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 10:07 PM   #43
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
To give a short update:

We are still dating. I stopped dating other ppl and so has he but I'm not ready to say the word yet... yanno, starts with a B and ends in a friend...

So we've been seeing each other since May and everything is laid back and cool and I'm enjoying it.
Good luck. I hope everything works out.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #44
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
To give a short update:

what do you mean seeing each other ? seeing each other as friends ? or f@cking like rabbits ?
Appreciate 0