E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > VTT N55 DBB Stage 2 update

Closed Thread

11-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #67
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
Hi tony, I saw you bragging in robs n54 stage 3 thread on the other forum that the limit of your n55 upgrade wasnt 475whp at all and his turbo knowledge was shit. However, I cant find any info of your turbos making any more horsepower than terrys first 469 log from 9 months ago. Can you let us in on the secret?
I never said his turbo knowledge was shit. I said in his infinite turbo knowledge he said it would not make over 475WHP. I will post more on the subject when it is the right time, shouldn't be too long, but it will be good news for current VTT N55 stage 2 owners.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #68
Curare86
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony@vargasturbotech View Post
I never said his turbo knowledge was shit. I said in his infinite turbo knowledge he said it would not make over 475WHP. I will post more on the subject when it is the right time, shouldn't be too long, but it will be good news for current VTT N55 stage 2 owners.
haha you know its the same thing, I'm just more blunt/less sarcastic :P
look forward to it!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #69
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
haha you know its the same thing, I'm just more blunt/less sarcastic :P
look forward to it!
Just like we talk about Tony's infinite PR skills!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #70
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn View Post
Just like we talk about Tony's infinite PR skills!
I would much rather have superior knowledge of the products I am actually building then worry about babysitting peoples egos on a forum, but hey, that's just me. If you want some guy who can make you feel good, and give you slick sales talk, but doesn't even know what a reverse rotation turbocharger is selling you a product, go right ahead.

Ps. I love that you are valuing PR over actual product results. You just summed up the forum mindset in a microcosm. Thank you for that

Last edited by Tony@vargasturbotech; 11-05-2014 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #71
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i PS2 turbo FBO JB4

Quote:
I would much rather have superior knowledge of the products I am actually building then worry about babysitting peoples egos on a forum, but hey, that's just me. If you want some guy who can make you feel good, and give you slick sales talk, but doesn't even know what a reverse rotation turbocharger is selling you a product, go right ahead.
if its any consolation i never really had a problem with your PR when i was searching for an upgraded turbo for my N55, you seem like you know what you are talking about and put out good products. most complaints i have seen of you are people who dont understand that some of your products have to be perfected before you send them out. my choosing point when i got mine was that there was a manufacturer withing driving distance so i didnt have to worry about core charges or anything. keep up the good work with your turbos though, these are exciting times for the N55 community!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #72
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Ps. I love that you are valuing PR over actual product results. You just summed up the forum mindset in a microcosm. Thank you for that
And where did I ever say anything about valuing PR skills over product knowledge? I bought a PURE so I have the best of both worlds!

I also like how you knock him for his lack of knowledge on reverse rotation turbos when you had the thread design backwards on your stage 1 to begin with. Pot meet kettle!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread