E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > All over a parking ticket

08-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep
Drives: G01 BMW X3 30d M Sport Plus

Garage List
All over a parking ticket

Apparently the Ferrari was parked in a hotel valet bay, with the hotels permission, the hotel also had the keys.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Anyone notice the irony of 'Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect' on the police cars door!

Though to be honest the guy was a dick trying to drive off with nowhere to go - but the police reaction was seriously over the top.
      08-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Only watched up untill the copper pulled him out. Driver got what he deserved. If you can afford a Ferrari 458 you can afford to park anywhere and then pay the fine. I don't blame copper one bit your yanking the wanker out for running over his foot.
      08-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
ihpj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d M Sport

What part of the process did this guy not understand? The Officer is writing a ticket he cannot simply drive away. Driving over his foot no doubt constitutes aggravated assault on the Officer - prick got what he deserved IMHO.

You see this behaviour all too often, people talking themselves into a ticket/arrest or causing the situation to escalate unnecessarily.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

But.... did he actually drive over his foot. Don't look like it to me.

Did the guy actually drive off, did the cop make any attempt to
communicate to the guy as he got jn the car, its way over the top.

Thank fully I do think our police force aren't the type that ignite situations (the few times I've been privy) and are far more calculated. That cop could have let him drive out allow him to get 30yrds down the road he won't be getting any further in that traffic, then he has a reason to drag him out.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
You can see the copper is trapped for a few seconds
      08-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

If the car was parked in a valet bay then surely the officer was in the wrong from the beginning.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
garytc78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

He didn't even touch the cops foot if you watch the video in fact the cop moved very well when he yanked the guy out then see's the cameras and oh dear my foots really sore.
That guy is gonna sue the ass off them for not using reasonable force he didn't ask him to get out he he forcibly removed him in an unreasonable way.
Why did the officer put his foot under the wheel in the first place it seems he lacks the basic intelligence to understand cause and effect.
Cause....putting your foot in the way of a wheel which might move.
Effect....wheel moves and you hurt your foot.
Person at fault you because you put yourself in danger.
      08-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
But why didnt the prick just take it on the chin? He Parker illegally.
      08-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
garytc78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

But I don't think thats the point here I think the cop wanted to make a point and buy putting himself in danger when he didn't need to,
he was going to dish out a bit of justice but I think that thanks to this video and the rich dudes lawyer he will not only get off with it but
he will probably get compensation and the cop will more than likely lose his job because he showed that the actions of the few can ruin it for the many.
This is a problem that we suffer with in this country and I have been unlucky to experience a so called police officer when SHE was having a bad day.
My overall experience in my 33yrs has been very good and all bar the cock hater I met have been very polite and a credit to the uniform but in life if you want
respect you have to give it.
      08-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
seanblee
Captain
Rep
Drives: VW Golf GTI Mk7.5

The guy's a tool for trying to drive off without even talking to the cop, but the cop's a bigger tool - if my foot got run over, there's no way I'd be jumping about yanking some guy out of his car and smashing him into the side of it. I suspect the cop's got big man syndrome because the guy had a Ferrari...
      08-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #12
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
I think if UK officers took a more "hands on" role we would have less trouble.
      08-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
I think they take a hands on enough role as it is.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #14
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Ok I've watched again and actually studied it this time.

The copper was a bit of a cock putting his foot there repeatedly. But initially he just moved himself in front of the corner expecting him to stop. To which the dick driver tried to drive off.
      08-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Both of these guys are idiots. The cop for putting his foot under the wheel and the driver (who happens to be dating some whore from this shitty MTV show called the Hills) is a total fool for a.) driving off, and running over the cops foot b.) not taking a minute to talk to the cop and explain to him that he was allowed to park in the hotel's valet spot. The cop had no reason to write him a ticket but he had no reason to run his foot over. The driver will lose the case based on the fact that he assaulted the officer with his car. You cannot just drive off when a cop is writing you a ticket, even if he is in the wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Here is what I think: if you put two cunts in the same place, what do you think you get?

If you guessed 'two people behaving like a pair of cunts together' then you're right. Why dress it up as anything other than a very rich man behaving like a selfish, overly privileged bellend and a copper behaving like a spoilt child?

That's the long and short of it. A judge should tell them both to drop their kegs, give them a spanking and forget the whole fucking pointless thing.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Hahaha
      08-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #18
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
A lot of people are saying that the police officer overreacted. It just seems to me that he did the right thing and asserted his authority. The spoiled prick tried driving away like he had authority over the police. I mean their POLICE, don't test them. I mean so many people (i don't know if it's just in US) get all worked up about police "abusing their power", I mean yeah there are those a-hole police, but this cop right here was doing his job and reacted the way any police would to someone who is evading a ticket, the guy is basically running away from the police. Putting your foot under the wheel is probably a common practice by parking police to make sure they don't drive away, but this idiot decides to drive over it and in the end make a fool of himself. Basically don't test police because they have power over you anyways and stop whining about police getting a little physical, the guy was asking for it, and be lucky police aren't like the so called police in other countries. Some people just bitch too much about the smallest things..man-up.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #19
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Ok I've watched again and actually studied it this time.

The copper was a bit of a cock putting his foot there repeatedly. But initially he just moved himself in front of the corner expecting him to stop. To which the dick driver tried to drive off.
^^^ that is what I noticed from the start.

OP mentioned that car was parked with the permission / known to hotel.

If that was the case, owner of this car should have left it as it is and could have contested the parking ticket. Only danger here was car being towed.

Well driver thought to challenge officer. His mistake.

So, Owner came out and said something to copper.

Copper is A** hole (and I am glad to say that our copper are far better and professional compared to those nutters in USA), as soon as he saw driver jumping in the car, he tried to come in front of the car to stop him.

Was there any other way of stopping him?
Possibly trying to communicate with him.
or let him go and chase him down the road (as mentioned earlier).

BUT NO!
Officer though he had authority to come in front of car and try to become victim to show his AUTHORITY.

WTF!!! You are escalating it yourself by putting yourself on risk and later blamming the guy to run him over.

And at the top, if you foot was painful, would you be jumping on driver, grabbing him out and slamming him on his car?

I hope this copper get sacked.

I have only spoken to our officers few time, and glad to say that our police force is far professional, decent and handles such situations far better comapred to other side.
      08-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
335d Rocco
Major
England
Rep
Drives: G01 BMW X3 30d M Sport Plus

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
But why didnt the prick just take it on the chin? He Parker illegally.
It says on YouTube that the guy was parked in a valet bay outside a hotel, with the hotels permission, the hotel had the keys to the car.

Perhaps that's why the guy tried to drive off as he felt the ticket was unjustified
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90330xiSG View Post
A lot of people are saying that the police officer overreacted. It just seems to me that he did the right thing and asserted his authority. The spoiled prick tried driving away like he had authority over the police. I mean their POLICE, don't test them. I mean so many people (i don't know if it's just in US) get all worked up about police "abusing their power", I mean yeah there are those a-hole police, but this cop right here was doing his job and reacted the way any police would to someone who is evading a ticket, the guy is basically running away from the police. Putting your foot under the wheel is probably a common practice by parking police to make sure they don't drive away, but this idiot decides to drive over it and in the end make a fool of himself. Basically don't test police because they have power over you anyways and stop whining about police getting a little physical, the guy was asking for it, and be lucky police aren't like the so called police in other countries. Some people just bitch too much about the smallest things..man-up.
This post just proves the American police-state mentality. Unlike in most Western countries where cops actually still act like a civilian police force, here in the US the police is like a mix of the Gestapo and Waffen-SS. You should not only respect them but you must fear them to. Man people like you would have had no problems living in the Third Reich.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #22
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk 330d View Post
It says on YouTube that the guy was parked in a valet bay outside a hotel, with the hotels permission, the hotel had the keys to the car.

Perhaps that's why the guy tried to drive off as he felt the ticket was unjustified
Then fucking contest it. But no, he had to be a moron.