E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > What to replace / upgrade while replacing struts - 335xi

10-04-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
MooreOfDerek
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' BMW 335xi 6AT

What to replace / upgrade while replacing struts - 335xi

Hello,

I am planning on replacing my rear struts (busted the back left one). So, i was wondering what all would you guys replace while you're at it?

Also, I am a back road addict. what suspension would be recommended?

Thanks again,
Derek
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
Shrike360
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3, 2011 Porsche CTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooreOfDerek View Post
Hello,

I am planning on replacing my rear struts (busted the back left one). So, i was wondering what all would you guys replace while you're at it?

Also, I am a back road addict. what suspension would be recommended?

Thanks again,
Derek
Do you want to just replace the rear or all around? If just rear, look at bilstein b4s. Since you're xi, I would suggest all around. Look into ST/ KW v1 coilovers, they are quite an improvement over stock suspension.

When replacing, may as well do all the rubber shock mounts. This includes the bottom, and two upper mounts. Look into the monroe mounts, they are a little stiffer than stock. If doing the fronts, I would also suggest doing the top mounts while you are there. If you are concerned they are worn through, you may look into replacing the lower spring rubber cup.
Appreciate 0