E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Wheels and Tires > AluFelgen Company | Introducing World's Best CSL!

Closed Thread

01-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

AluFelgen Company | Introducing World's Best CSL!

AluFelgen Company is pleased to offer our CSL wheels to the public!

Replica wheel manufacturers have a tendency to manufacture a wheel for all the applications. You can clearly see the same wheel profile regarding of the wheel width Not in our case. We will manufacture the wheels profile and offset specifically for your vehicle to prevent the typical “replica” wheel look created when wrong offsets are used. We also manufacture wheels 99% in appearance to the original

Our wheels are manufactured with the highest quality casting method as oppose to most replica wheels manufacturers who prefer to use a cheaper casting method, Gravity casting, that creates easily bent and hard to balance wheels. Our cast wheels are made by Low Pressure casting which is the same used by Ronal to manufacture all BMW OEM wheels. All wheels are also clearcoated for better appearance. All our setups would be staggered as well.

We decided to introduce our company with a proper CSL replica wheel simply because the market does not offer it yet. The are two current CSL offerings and on one the spoke thickness is clearly narrower than the original CSL design and the other one lacks the concavity of the CSL, both giving you the typical replica look instead of the OEM look you are trying to achieve.

Our 19" CSLs would be arriving on February and we would be offering the first batch directly to the customers and after that through our distributing network. Dealers please feel free to contact us.

Retail is set at $1299 with an introductory price of only $999/set and $99 SHIPPING. We have custom powder coating available as well. We are working on a brushed finish and will let you know once we test a sample. Pricing for custom finishes is set at $75/wheel.

Wheels are Front 19x8.5ET35 and Rear 19x9.5ET30.
Front Wheel Weight: 25.4lb, Rear Wheel Weight: 26.2lbs

You can add your name to the list but we cannot guarantee a set until you have processed your order. This way will allow us to:

1. Process all the orders together.
2. Reserve set for you without charging you anything.

If confused about the process just ask!

************************************************** ************************************************** ********

Here is our 19" Style 127M:

Mounted (OEM CSL on Kev's E92):

Last edited by ALUFELGEN; 03-24-2009 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Cost of shipping?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Balthazar_B
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fast

Warranty against manufacturing defects, etc?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
Cost of shipping?
$150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar_B View Post
Warranty against manufacturing defects, etc?
One Year
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Pics of the rears? Mounted pics?

I am all ready as long as I can see some good pics of the rears.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Wow thats great pricing!!!
You took over for MORR?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
Pics of the rears? Mounted pics?

I am all ready as long as I can see some good pics of the rears.
Once we get a set we`ll get it mounted asap. They are 99% as original as opposed to the current offerings which are more like 80%. The picture posted above shows very clearly how this wheels will look. I`ll post some photos of the rear tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaulBaiLeyx View Post
Wow thats great pricing!!!
You took over for MORR?
Thank you! MORR is going to be taking care of the high end forged market and we are going to be taking care of the reproductions.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
The wheels look great (having them on Kev's car is a big plus too) but I'll be honest. For the price, it still seems a bit steep to get a set and have them powder coated. While I know, since I've been following the thread for a while now, that the quality of these wheels is a little better than that of its Miro and VMR competitors. Trying to justify spending almost $400 (w/o the sale price) more than the other two probably isn't going to fly (at least with me). Also, please take a look into better powder coating options. $100 a wheel is REALLY expensive compared to places like SupremePower who only charges $65 a wheel, or EAS who has 3 other finishes available standard, all for the same price as the standard hyper silver. So now if I was going to buy the same set of gunmetal color CSL's, I'm looking at an extra $100 for the quality of the rims (which is justifiable right now but might not be after the sale price ends) then I also have to shell out an extra $400 just to get the color I want?

You have a great product and I'm sure the ones down the road will be just as nice, but when you said you'd be in the ball park in terms of price of the other companies, you must have meant in the neighborhood that is 5 miles away from the ballpark. Your (regular) price is almost 50% higher than the rest out there.

my $.02
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
The wheels look great (having them on Kev's car is a big plus too) but I'll be honest. For the price, it still seems a bit steep to get a set and have them powder coated. While I know, since I've been following the thread for a while now, that the quality of these wheels is a little better than that of its Miro and VMR competitors. Trying to justify spending almost $400 (w/o the sale price) more than the other two probably isn't going to fly (at least with me). Also, please take a look into better powder coating options. $100 a wheel is REALLY expensive compared to places like SupremePower who only charges $65 a wheel, or EAS who has 3 other finishes available standard, all for the same price as the standard hyper silver. So now if I was going to buy the same set of gunmetal color CSL's, I'm looking at an extra $100 for the quality of the rims (which is justifiable right now but might not be after the sale price ends) then I also have to shell out an extra $400 just to get the color I want?

You have a great product and I'm sure the ones down the road will be just as nice, but when you said you'd be in the ball park in terms of price of the other companies, you must have meant in the neighborhood that is 5 miles away from the ballpark. Your (regular) price is almost 50% higher than the rest out there.

my $.02
Miro/VMR wheels sell everywhere for $899/set. Our prices are only $100 more per set and is well justified. Our engineering, manufacturing and R&D is far beyond anything our competitors can match right now. So for only $100 you are buying a product that is clearly in the same level as OEM and you won't have to worry about any replica side effects that you`ll most likely worry about with other brands such as vibration, out of round wheels, easily bent/cracked wheels, or finishes coming off. Our position in the market is not to offer the most affordable replicas, but to offer the best ones.

As far as the optional finishes, thats all they are as of now, optional. VMR has been in the market for several years now and they are able to stock and offer several finishes of their CSL at no additional cost. Be sure that on our second batch we`ll offer 2-3 different finishes as well at no extra cost.

On the powdercoating, we cannot offer it for $65/wheel. Remember, our job right now is to offer you a product at the highest possible quality. We will not offer a mickey mouse powder coating just because the product is a replica. We`ll offer only the best powder coating finish if the customers so desires it.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #10
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:

my $.02
Those are the real OEM ZCP, not the reps, they are just using it for illustration purposes.

By the way, I thought this style is called Style 163M instead of 127M?
      01-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
Miro/VMR wheels sell everywhere for $899/set. Our prices are only $100 more per set and is well justified. Our engineering, manufacturing and R&D is far beyond anything our competitors can match right now. So for only $100 you are buying a product that is clearly in the same level as OEM and you won't have to worry about any replica side effects that you`ll most likely worry about with other brands such as vibration, out of round wheels, easily bent/cracked wheels, or finishes coming off. Our position in the market is not to offer the most affordable replicas, but to offer the best ones.

As far as the optional finishes, thats all they are as of now, optional. VMR has been in the market for several years now and they are able to stock and offer several finishes of their CSL at no additional cost. Be sure that on our second batch we`ll offer 2-3 different finishes as well at no extra cost.

On the powdercoating, we cannot offer it for $65/wheel. Remember, our job right now is to offer you a product at the highest possible quality. We will not offer a mickey mouse powder coating just because the product is a replica. We`ll offer only the best powder coating finish if the customers so desires it.
And like I said, at the sale price, its well justified for the extra $100 for OEM quality. I just had hoped you guys could've gotten a better price on the powdercoating since it will most likely be VERY popular. $65/ wheel isn't for some "mickey mouse" job. Its top quality as well and since a company like SP sends a lot of wheels out, they get a good price. I just figured you would have pitched it the same way to a paint shop that if they give you a good price they'll be getting a lot more business from you because in all honesty, I could run down the street to my local body shop and get them done for $350 a set any day of the week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take a dump on your sale thread, just trying to figure this all out/get all the info and make a few suggestions is all. Like I've said before, these are awesome looking/top quality wheels from what I've seen.

GL and if I find an extra $200-$300 bucks to spend then I might still consider getting these... guess I'll have to check back once I sell my current setup.

Also, we're you guys offering any Wheel/Tire packages. What about TPMS?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #12
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Those are the real OEM ZCP, not the reps, they are just using it for illustration purposes.

By the way, I thought this style is called Style 163M instead of 127M?
ahhhhhh. lookin good Kev
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And like I said, at the sale price, its well justified for the extra $100 for OEM quality. I just had hoped you guys could've gotten a better price on the powdercoating since it will most likely be VERY popular. $65/ wheel isn't for some "mickey mouse" job. Its top quality as well and since a company like SP sends a lot of wheels out, they get a good price. I just figured you would have pitched it the same way to a paint shop that if they give you a good price they'll be getting a lot more business from you because in all honesty, I could run down the street to my local body shop and get them done for $350 a set any day of the week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take a dump on your sale thread, just trying to figure this all out/get all the info and make a few suggestions is all. Like I've said before, these are awesome looking/top quality wheels from what I've seen.

GL and if I find an extra $200-$300 bucks to spend then I might still consider getting these... guess I'll have to check back once I sell my current setup.

Also, we're you guys offering any Wheel/Tire packages. What about TPMS?

Thanks
I taught you were referring to the price of the wheels alone and not the powdercoating. I`ll contact them and try to persuade them into a lower price on the powder coating if that is the issue. Perhaps he can come closer to $65/wheel
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #14
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
I (and I'm sure others who will want powdercoating) appreciate that. I'm not trying to make it sound like your wheels are totally overpriced or anything... it just seems like that part of it is a little bit higher than it could/should be and would probably help you guys stay a little lower in price to be even MORE competitive with the other ones out there (higher quality wheel aside).

Thanks and let me know about Tires/TPMS as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
Avery
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i, 2010 X5

PAID. Add me to the list.
      01-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #16
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
BTW these are staggered correct?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #17
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #18
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
So Hyper silver would be +400 for a set?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
Avery
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i, 2010 X5

Will these come with M badges since you have made a spot for them? I would actually prefer not to have them but it always looks like something is missing since you made the indentation for it. Would it be a possibility to have it removed from final production or maybe a custom badge for that spot?
      01-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #20
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I (and I'm sure others who will want powdercoating) appreciate that. I'm not trying to make it sound like your wheels are totally overpriced or anything... it just seems like that part of it is a little bit higher than it could/should be and would probably help you guys stay a little lower in price to be even MORE competitive with the other ones out there (higher quality wheel aside).

Thanks and let me know about Tires/TPMS as well.
Probably 10% of our orders would be custom colors. We`ll try to get a better pricing for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery View Post
PAID. Add me to the list.
Received!

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
So Hyper silver would be +400 for a set?
Hypersilver/OEM Silver is the standard color so it is not extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery View Post
Will these come with M badges since you have made a spot for them? I would actually prefer not to have them but it always looks like something is missing since you made the indentation for it. Would it be a possibility to have it removed from final production or maybe a custom badge for that spot?
In order to keep the wheels as close to OEM as possible we have to keep the ///M logo on the wheels. We`ll be providing them with the wheels in case you cannot source them.

Last edited by ALUFELGEN; 01-09-2009 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #21
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

All PMs replied!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #22
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
what would be the original finish then? I thought it's hyper silver? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread