E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Idle and off idle issues

04-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
pedalstomper78
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Idle and off idle issues

Ok guys. I've done a fair bit of diagnostic myself on this and I'm a bit at a loss. I've got an 06 330i manual trans with 111k miles on it. I don't drive the car daily until recently. A few weeks ago, I noticed that it seems like the car has a touch of a "hunt" at idle. Check the YouTube video to see what I mean. The problem is that it doesn't always do it. Cold, the car is smooth. Warmed up, there's a 70/30 chance that it does it or not. Also, the car sometimes seems a bit "weak" until about 2500.....then it takes off like it should. It's not that the car is slow down low, but it seems like it's suddenly lost some "grunt" and that 2500 has become much more pronounced when it comes across the tach.

[u2b]https://youtu.be/dADwx8I3Ct4[/u2b]

Also, my injectors seem loud. The mic on my phone makes them sound deafening, but I can hear them over the engine when I've got the dress up cover off. Does anyone else have these noises?

[u2b]https://youtu.be/EiwGY3Kc4Rc[/u2b]

OK....now to what I've done. I've cleaned and swapped positions for the VANOS solenoids. They were clean as a whistle. So were the VANOS filters. At one point, the car had a VVT eccentric shaft sensor code. I found some oil in it, cleaned it up, and the sensor hasn't tossed a code since. (about 1000 miles). I just pulled the top DISA valve to take a peek at that. There was an extremely small amount of oil on the inside of the intake, but the DISA was solid in position. There was an extremely small tear in one of the seals as shown in the picture.
https://goo.gl/photos/FHNAx4115P7jWmyc7

OK guys. This has me pulling my hair out as I just can't seem to figure out what the issue may be. I'm open for suggestions of things to try.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:03 PM   #2
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-E90

The Noise is just like the common n52 clicking noise during cold starts or short drives.. Only solution from what I researched is replacing the motor head aside from taking it to the stealership and perform the tsb bulletin procedure..
Appreciate 0