E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Which parts of the forum do you read?

04-24-2007, 06:44 AM   #1
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Which parts of the forum do you read?

I've noticed that there are sometimes non-aussies who read and post comments in the aussie section- which is fine- but recently non-aussies criticising (criticizing for the others!) for "reposts" from other parts of the forum. This got me to thinking. I don't have time to read everything in the whole E90 post site so I don't have problems with aussies making us fellow aussies aware of interesting things they may have found (perhaps a new thread specifically for this might be useful) in other areas on this site.

I always check out the aussie forum first, followed by the main E90, E92 section, and the forced induction section- and that's it. I drive an E92 335, so these are the sections which interest me the most and are most relevant. When my tyres wear down I might look at the tyre section for example.

What do other aussies check out from the whole website?
      04-24-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Well Doc for me the general e90-93 section is important as it has a mixture of information about the e92's and e90's. I always check Aus section of course, i think ill list them so its easier.

1-General e90-e93
2-Aus section
3-Other cars talk- interesting things to read occasionally
4- off-topic section, usually provides a good laugh
5-The politics sub forum to off-topic, even though i don't post in this section its a very good read if your interested in different perspectives of the war in Iraq or read about the possibility of war against Iran.
6-Photo and media gallery, nice photo shoots.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
LOK11atXEDE
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Many -Daily- 600hp Ford6cyl T

Well, I guess it obvious but the 335 and forced induction first and then the Australian section.

Cheers

We make the best tuning tools!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Lol, yeah i'm not a fan of the yanks & poms giving us crap in our forum!
The forums i read are the;
1. Australia
2. M3 forum
3. e90-93 forum (infrequently though, probably look at autospies.com [autolies to those in the know] more)
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2007, 09:17 AM   #5
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
Well Doc for me the general e90-93 section is important as it has a mixture of information about the e92's and e90's. I always check Aus section of course, i think ill list them so its easier.

1-General e90-e93
2-Aus section
3-Other cars talk- interesting things to read occasionally
4- off-topic section, usually provides a good laugh
5-The politics sub forum to off-topic, even though i don't post in this section its a very good read if your interested in different perspectives of the war in Iraq or read about the possibility of war against Iran.
6-Photo and media gallery, nice photo shoots.
Nice one- I woudn't have thought of it but I checked out the politics section and lurked for a bit. Very entertaining and interesting to see how one-eyed and ill-informed people can be. I'll check out the other cars talk section later some time. Cheers.
      04-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
I always start with Aussie forum for general reading & feedback then I go to browse at the US sites but hardly post there. I prefer us locals having a chat. Least theres a better chance of us going for a cruise too!!

Its Anzac Day today!! We should go for a cruise Melbournians!!!!
      04-25-2007, 02:39 AM   #7
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
Nice one- I woudn't have thought of it but I checked out the politics section and lurked for a bit. Very entertaining and interesting to see how one-eyed and ill-informed people can be. I'll check out the other cars talk section later some time. Cheers.
There is so many pro Bush members in this forum, its really hillarious to read there posts.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 02:45 AM   #8
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I've noticed that there are sometimes non-aussies who read and post comments in the aussie section- which is fine- but recently non-aussies criticising (criticizing for the others!) for "reposts" from other parts of the forum. This got me to thinking. I don't have time to read everything in the whole E90 post site so I don't have problems with aussies making us fellow aussies aware of interesting things they may have found (perhaps a new thread specifically for this might be useful) in other areas on this site.

I always check out the aussie forum first, followed by the main E90, E92 section, and the forced induction section- and that's it. I drive an E92 335, so these are the sections which interest me the most and are most relevant. When my tyres wear down I might look at the tyre section for example.

What do other aussies check out from the whole website?
Much the same, I check out the Aussie, E92 and FI sections and thats it. Lot of members seem to feel the need to defend or validate their purchase (in the US) and compare it against other cars, E46 M upcoming M3 etc. The repost thing shits me as well, there are quite a few US members who amount to nothing more than trolls and post whores.

Quite funny, I'd rather read the off topic on 6speed than here, no jeliously or animosity and no one feels the need to talk up their cars, talk others down or take a one track view.

Also check out DTM Aust, eurocca, m3forums and E46 fanatics
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2007, 03:05 AM   #9
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA69 View Post
I always start with Aussie forum for general reading & feedback then I go to browse at the US sites but hardly post there. I prefer us locals having a chat. Least theres a better chance of us going for a cruise too!!

Its Anzac Day today!! We should go for a cruise Melbournians!!!!
TOO LATE! You should have given us more warning. And it was such a nice day for a cruise.
      04-25-2007, 09:34 PM   #10
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!

Its always a pain in the butt trying to organize a cruize, ive missed out on 3 already cos if unavailability but am hanging to drive in an entourage of BMWs! And take some neat pics for the forum... maybe the long weekend on Queen's Birthday!? June 11? Seems like AGES away! or any wekeend coming for the arvo...
      04-26-2007, 12:57 AM   #11
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
lol maybee we should post crap in their forums?

i read
  1. australia
  2. gallery/showroom
  3. main forum
  4. off topic ((all sections (only ocassionally))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
There is so many pro Bush members in this forum, its really hillarious to read there posts.
pro bush, don't get me started on that crap i suppose it brings out some of my american patriotism... but hey, i call australia home ultimately that is where the loyalty lies...

it's what pisses me off no end about aussies these days, they have no patrotism and pride for their country, no morals, no manners... heard some stuff the other day, said about aussies, through one of my foreign friends that just makes my blood boil, and it is because aussies don't give a shit, that these things go on!
      04-26-2007, 02:56 AM   #12
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
it's what pisses me off no end about aussies these days, they have no patrotism and pride for their country, no morals, no manners... heard some stuff the other day, said about aussies, through one of my foreign friends that just makes my blood boil, and it is because aussies don't give a shit, that these things go on!
Your kidding right? Did you have your head under a rock yesterday?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 03:28 AM   #13
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Your kidding right? Did you have your head under a rock yesterday?
ahh i must of forgotten that EVERY sydney resident in my age group attended the anzac march and services

but don't take my word for it i wasn't there, i was helping my father to pin his medals straight

but can i ask you a question? do you hear the things that some of the people my age say? now that is "real" patriotism right there...
      04-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #14
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I've always said that what australia needs is a good civil war!

If you look at all the countries with a great deal of patriotism (eg the usa, france, russia) they have all had a civil war- to fight for their freedom and identity. Somehow in australia, mixed in with all this lovey dovey multiculturalism stuff, is a distinct lack of pride and respect in our country and appreciation of our ability to lead the lives that we do here. I come from a migrant/refugee background (my grandparents from WWII) and they worked their butts off to indirectly give me the chance to have a life which allows me to drive what I do. But I don't forget those who fought and lost their lives to protect what we have here in Australia- opportunity and choice: you have the opportunity to make something of your life if you choose to work (study) hard and to live in relative prosperity. So astra, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

But to get back on topic (and I did delete this from your quote) I am surprised that so many people use and read the off topic sections. I suppose there are some interesting obsevations, but I mainly come here for the BMW stuff.
      04-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #15
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA69 View Post
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!

Its always a pain in the butt trying to organize a cruize, ive missed out on 3 already cos if unavailability but am hanging to drive in an entourage of BMWs! And take some neat pics for the forum... maybe the long weekend on Queen's Birthday!? June 11? Seems like AGES away! or any wekeend coming for the arvo...
My car is going into the shop for fuel pump problems. on tues night- and I don't know how long it will be. So I will have a loaner in the mean time. But when that's done I would love a beemer cruise. How does the park and ride car park on doncaster rd near the freeway sound as a meeting place (I know it's up your alley )?

As for the date- I would rather do it when I get my car back! Stay tuned! (Also would be appropriate as a different thread)
      04-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #16
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Quote:
ahh i must of forgotten that EVERY sydney resident in my age group attended the anzac march and services

but don't take my word for it i wasn't there, i was helping my father to pin his medals straight

but can i ask you a question? do you hear the things that some of the people my age say? now that is "real" patriotism right there...
Who said everyone had to do it? Luckily we live in a country where you don't have to be sheep. Heaps of people went out and do every year for ANZAC Day, many (especially the young) go over to Galipoli each year in increasing numbers. I think this is without doubt the best country in the world and the people who don't like it I'm prepared to pay their airfare to Kingsford Smith

I've no idea what some of the people your age are saying, as I don't really associate very frequently with too many people in your age, your 18 or 19 aren't you?

This would be a good off topic topic though, lots of discussion!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #17
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Quote:
My car is going into the shop for fuel pump problems. on tues night- and I don't know how long it will be. So I will have a loaner in the mean time. But when that's done I would love a beemer cruise. How does the park and ride car park on doncaster rd near the freeway sound as a meeting place (I know it's up your alley )?

As for the date- I would rather do it when I get my car back! Stay tuned! (Also would be appropriate as a different thread)
Really? That sucks! Yours must be one of the first locally? has the dealer said anything? And which factory was yours built at? Was it a German car or SA?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #18
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Crahing your party here...I'll look at some of the others if I start thinking about performance mods.

The only time I end up in a regional topic is if it was seen in New Posts.
      04-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #19
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Cool

Quote:

Sounds like a plan DocBeemer! Pity about your baby hvaing a sickie but all will work out and we'll go vrooom vroom when your car's back!
And yes, will post in a new thread for new meets
      04-27-2007, 06:15 AM   #20
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Really? That sucks! Yours must be one of the first locally? has the dealer said anything? And which factory was yours built at? Was it a German car or SA?
German- I think all E92's are from germany. Look for a new thread soon about the whole experience.
      04-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #21
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've no idea what some of the people your age are saying, as I don't really associate very frequently with too many people in your age, your 18 or 19 aren't you?

This would be a good off topic topic though, lots of discussion!
yes 19...

might be a good off topic, but it is a topic that quickly gets my blood boiling...

lol, go here for insight >www.youtube.com