E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Earthquake SWS-8 Spacers

01-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Earthquake SWS-8 Spacers

Hi all,

Basically, I've bought a set of Earthquake SWS-8 underfloor subs to do the sub upgrade. From the guides on here I understand that I need to use a set of spacers in order to prevent the subs destroying themselves on the speaker grille by hitting on them.

Does anyone have any idea on where I can source a set of these spacers?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
macck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 msport

Hi have been looking into this also . A forum member in america called jtsherri makes the spacer kits without having to do any dremmel work to the sub inclosure. From reading other posts people have been finding it hard to get a hold of him from before christmas. I might just make a couple of spacers myself there is a diagram in the alpine amp upgrade post.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Yep, I've tried sending a pm to jtsherri a few times but no reply. Sent another today.

Do you have a link to the template post - that would be useful
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
I posted a link months ago for shallow mount subs and spacers from CAD. Let me try and find it.

Edit: www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578358
      01-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks ParaPaul for the link. If only i'd seen these earlier then I'd have bought these instead of forking out for the Earthquake subs (which worked out a fair bit expensiver - especially with the potential Customs charges i'll be slapped with as coming from the US).

I think those spacers are for round subwoofer units. The Earthquakes are already shaped to fit the enclosures but need a spacer to prevent them hitting the OEM grilles that mount on top.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
macck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwak View Post
Yep, I've tried sending a pm to jtsherri a few times but no reply. Sent another today.

Do you have a link to the template post - that would be useful
After a bit of searching today it seems he is not on the forum as much. Found a email address for him it is jtsherri@gmail.com i have sent him a message will let you know how i get on. Also how do you plan to power your subs i have the alpine kit fitted appartently this will not be powerful enough to power the sws8,s.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
HeavyRightFoot
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

Is this a sub upgrade to the individual speaker system? The 16 speaker jobby?
      01-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macck View Post
After a bit of searching today it seems he is not on the forum as much. Found a email address for him it is jtsherri@gmail.com i have sent him a message will let you know how i get on. Also how do you plan to power your subs i have the alpine kit fitted appartently this will not be powerful enough to power the sws8,s.
Yeah I found this too after researching so sent across an email to jtsherri. Hopefully he can help. Otherwise i'll resort to dremelling the sub enclosure method - which i must admit, very reluctant to do.

I plan on powering the subs with either a Vibe Litebox 2 Amp (powers at 125w RMS at 2ohms) or the Rockford Fosgate P300-2 (powers at 150w RMS at 2ohms). The Vibe is nice and compact, but the Rockford Fosgate will get the max out of the subs - as they are rated at a max of 150w RMS too.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
macck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwak View Post
Yeah I found this too after researching so sent across an email to jtsherri. Hopefully he can help. Otherwise i'll resort to dremelling the sub enclosure method - which i must admit, very reluctant to do.

I plan on powering the subs with either a Vibe Litebox 2 Amp (powers at 125w RMS at 2ohms) or the Rockford Fosgate P300-2 (powers at 150w RMS at 2ohms). The Vibe is nice and compact, but the Rockford Fosgate will get the max out of the subs - as they are rated at a max of 150w RMS too.
Hi result just recieved email from jtsherri still doing spacer kit $55.00 posted so no munching of sub enclosure..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 04:01 AM   #10
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macck View Post
Hi result just recieved email from jtsherri still doing spacer kit $55.00 posted so no munching of sub enclosure..
Hi, yes I recieved an email from jtsherri too Ordered and paid for. Look forward to receiving them

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
MRR11
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

As an update for anyone looking for spacers like I had been, I can confirm that the email address macck posted above is still the best way to contact JTSherri and I placed an order for a set of spacers this morning after receiving a quick response back via email.
Appreciate 0