E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > I don't even know what to title this...

02-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

I don't even know what to title this...

The stage:

9 AM - I am pulling into my work parking lot as a silver/grey minivan pulls into the lane I'm driving in.. he sees me and cancels his plans to turn in and I pull up in front of him and brake because I have to turn into my work parking lot in less than 100 meters. He thinks I brake checked him and pulls up beside and says "PULL OVER".. I ask him where he learned to drive and he says again "PULL OVER ASSHOLE" and shows me some badge.

I pull into my work lot and have two middle aged men on either side of my car yelling at me telling me that they are police officers and I'm about to get fucked. Reckless driving, dangerous driving, endangering a police officer, and "inciting roadrage". They take my information and tell me that I'll never be able to have my license, or see my car ever again - nor will I ever be able to cross the border.

Keep in mind they did not identify themselves, properly show me a badge or officers numbers or names or which dept/div they were in. They tell me that they can do whatever they want because both partners "saw everything" and will testify and corraborate the story. Another mini van pulled up and the police officer starting calling me a "fucking asshole/bastard/insert name here" to the other guy and told me that he was a Sargent and that he saw everything as well. They threatened me with basically what is ruining my life, and consistently, continuously swore at me PROFUSELY the entire time.

In the end - he gave me back my license and told me that he hasn't decided whether or not he is going to charge me and it could take a year or two.. made me apologize to him and his partner and left me.

I can't do anything IF he was a cop because it's two cops against me (I'm brown skinned btw)... and collectively they will have my ass, cost me my job and license and car and thousands of dollars in fines, fees, insurance etc. I don't have the info to file a complaint because they didn't provide any -- I didn't want to risk asking them for it because I read that it makes them angrier if you come across insubordinate - I just let them have their power trip.

What a shitty start to a Tuesday.
6MT Sport Pkg | BMW Perf. Pedals | BMW Perf. SSK | CF Steering Trim | BMW Performance Black Gloss Grilles | M3 Rep Bumper | Muffler Delete 2.5"| Charcoal Delete + K&N Drop In | CDV Delete | Clutch Stop | Active Autowerke Stage II Tune | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts | 18" Gunmetal CSL Reps | BurgerTuning Spacers | Staggered Ventus V12's | ATE Super Blue & Hawk HPS | Blacklines | GP6K Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
KiX1911
Blah
Canada
Rep
Drives: Awesomeness

Bro I think you got punked. Detectives will always have their badge showing either around their neck, on their belt or show in person. If they didnt show you, you should of just drove away or called 911.

There has been several cases of this all around Toronto (happened to me, I demanded identification and when none was produced I drove away)

Ya need to be very careful about situations like this. Grab the plate number and Cal it into the real popo

Edit: sorry to add your not committing an offense if you drove away / stopped for these people since they did not provide identification. For all you know, some crazy guys were trying to scare you.

Also if it was real Police, get the plate and report it. Society doesn't have need losers like his on the road . not saying your lying but I also tell everyone, there's always 3 sides of the story, yours, there's, and the truth.

Last edited by KiX1911; 02-12-2013 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Grr I hate posting on my phone
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
BMWWW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Call x-copper.
Don't sign anything, but ask them for their opinion. They're great people, and are typically open to (not giving advice) offering their $0.02.

If for nothing at all, it's at least a second opinion from someone educated in this type of work vs running through all the scenarios and ruining the rest of your day.

When called an idiot sometimes is better to be quiet than to open mouth and remove all doubt.
Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.
--Confucius

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

if they claimed to be officers in a civilian vehicle, they will need to show you their police ids before you are to give them your private info, i.e. d/l.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345 View Post
The stage:

9 AM - I am pulling into my work parking lot as a silver/grey minivan pulls into the lane I'm driving in.. he sees me and cancels his plans to turn in and I pull up in front of him and brake because I have to turn into my work parking lot in less than 100 meters. He thinks I brake checked him and pulls up beside and says "PULL OVER".. I ask him where he learned to drive and he says again "PULL OVER ASSHOLE" and shows me some badge.

I pull into my work lot and have two middle aged men on either side of my car yelling at me telling me that they are police officers and I'm about to get fucked. Reckless driving, dangerous driving, endangering a police officer, and "inciting roadrage". They take my information and tell me that I'll never be able to have my license, or see my car ever again - nor will I ever be able to cross the border.

Keep in mind they did not identify themselves, properly show me a badge or officers numbers or names or which dept/div they were in. They tell me that they can do whatever they want because both partners "saw everything" and will testify and corraborate the story. Another mini van pulled up and the police officer starting calling me a "fucking asshole/bastard/insert name here" to the other guy and told me that he was a Sargent and that he saw everything as well. They threatened me with basically what is ruining my life, and consistently, continuously swore at me PROFUSELY the entire time.

In the end - he gave me back my license and told me that he hasn't decided whether or not he is going to charge me and it could take a year or two.. made me apologize to him and his partner and left me.

I can't do anything IF he was a cop because it's two cops against me (I'm brown skinned btw)... and collectively they will have my ass, cost me my job and license and car and thousands of dollars in fines, fees, insurance etc. I don't have the info to file a complaint because they didn't provide any -- I didn't want to risk asking them for it because I read that it makes them angrier if you come across insubordinate - I just let them have their power trip.

What a shitty start to a Tuesday.

lmao @ "I'm brown skinned btw"

to be honest dude so am I... but just cause of the color of your skin doesn't mean you have less rights than the next guy....

hope you took down their info as well... you can easily report them(assuming they are cops which by the sounds of it they are not) for verbal abuse. no one cop or not has the right to talk to you in such a manner. in all honesty the thing that is off is the fact that once they come out they didn't show you their badge again (could be because they know that once they are not on the clock they are considered civilians), but they still have the right to press charges if they think your driving was endangering their lives. with a report done they require your signature as well and you are entitled to a copy. if you didn't get one even if its taken to courts will be thrown out because of that stupidity.

all in all bro you'll be fine. word of advise for next time don't show your id, guys sound like complete d*ck heads and now they have your info. its a 50/50 toss up if i'd report go ahead and report it anyways.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Relax - They're not police officers. But the first thing you should have done was ask for proper identification, and if they want your information kindly request that you follow them to the nearest police station, especially since they were not uniformed and driving unmarked vehicles (and minivans at that). I hope you didn't give them anything - especially not personal information. Also hope you took down all of their license plate numbers.

I'm almost 100% certain his "badge" was probably the cutout of the backside of a kraft dinner box or something that he made just so he can harass people who have nicer cars or who he rages against.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
KiX1911
Blah
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalidian View Post
Relax - They're not police officers. But the first thing you should have done was ask for proper identification, and if they want your information kindly request that you follow them to the nearest police station, especially since they were not uniformed and driving unmarked vehicles (and minivans at that). I hope you didn't give them anything - especially not personal information. Also hope you took down all of their license plate numbers.

I'm almost 100% certain his "badge" was probably the cutout of the backside of a kraft dinner box or something that he made just so he can harass people who have nicer cars or who he rages against.
Ha ha exactly live and learn. This is not the first time and iI'm sure it won't be the last.

Buddy a car camera costs 20 Bux off ebay shipped to your door
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
I would call it in, it sounds like a coordinated scam some how. I couldn't imagine that cops would make such a big deal over something so small. I bet there are other complaints of similar incidents. The only thing they got was your license which has your address on it. They may use the scam on people with nice cars to get your address where they could then try and steal it, idk.

It sounds pretty sketchy if you ask me, are you sure you didn't give out any other information?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
I would call it in, it sounds like a coordinated scam some how. I couldn't imagine that cops would make such a big deal over something so small. I bet there are other complaints of similar incidents. The only thing they got was your license which has your address on it. They may use the scam on people with nice cars to get your address where they could then try and steal it, idk.

It sounds pretty sketchy if you ask me, are you sure you didn't give out any other information?
Yeah - all personal info.. license, permit and insurance info
6MT Sport Pkg | BMW Perf. Pedals | BMW Perf. SSK | CF Steering Trim | BMW Performance Black Gloss Grilles | M3 Rep Bumper | Muffler Delete 2.5"| Charcoal Delete + K&N Drop In | CDV Delete | Clutch Stop | Active Autowerke Stage II Tune | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts | 18" Gunmetal CSL Reps | BurgerTuning Spacers | Staggered Ventus V12's | ATE Super Blue & Hawk HPS | Blacklines | GP6K Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

I had this happen to me once, a guy in an impala was tail gating me hard so I decicided to go down some private roads, my area. After a few lefts and rights I knew I was being followed. So I just stopped and got out and said what's up ?
He said the same bs, I was driving reckless and crap, I just said nope, I thought a psyco was following me and you just proved it, said niw what, he showed me some badge. I said I do not care you threaten my peace and fuck off I will be glad to dial 911 he ended up leaving and I gave him the finger lol
I've had these things happen 3 times in total during 25 years of driving, just act hard knox and tell them where to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
I'm pretty sure you got hit by the old fake cop scam where people obtain your information for the purpose of scams. What ethnicity were they? There's certain groups of people well known for doing this.

If you have any information like a license plate # etc you should report it. Next time either rip them a new asshole or if you think they might be cops, just dial 911 and tell them that you have dialed 911 and when an officer comes and properly identifies himself you will then exit the vehicle and speak to them.

PS: Keep a torque wrench in the trunk, if you want to see why come say hi at the next meet and I'll show you dashcam video of how a torque wrench can help you out when fake cops come your way
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #12
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

If a cop isn't in uniform or you feel the slightest bit of doubt it's a fake, just continue to drive. If they cause trouble and pursue, call 911 and dispatch can confirm if it is in fact a cop.

I've driven off, if sirens/lights come on "sorry you looked like a fake". No sirens/lights, no care.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep

UPDATE:

I went to the 33 Division and asked to speak to some of the constables there. The two guys were indeed police officers from the "intelligence" unit located next door - and they confirmed that the badge I saw was real and that they do in fact drive those exact same cars.

I was told I could file a complaint for an investigation - but was subtly warned against it because it would "be putting a lot on me". AKA - they'll just all fuck me more. I was told that most of the stuff they were saying WAS indeed bullshit and that they were just trying to scare the shit out of me and teach me a lesson. They also apologized for the way I was treated but reinforced that if it came down to it - it's their words against mine.

SO case closed - for all of you people telling me I got scammed and have my identity stolen cus there is NO way a "cop" would do this. Be VERY cautious because they just in fact did and got away with it. They could have fucked me much worse and charged me with a lot of shit, planted evidence and probably could have beat the shit out of me for "resisting arrest" or because they thought I was reaching for something.

I'm lucky I kept my mouth shut and acted like a pussy otherwise I'm pretty positive I would have got my ass kicked and thrown in jail - "omg cops cant do that" - they fucking can and will after the shit I've seen. Don't think for one fucking second any of you have any rights unless you're sure there are 50 people testifying for you. Be careful.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #14
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345 View Post
UPDATE:

I went to the 33 Division and asked to speak to some of the constables there. The two guys were indeed police officers from the "intelligence" unit located next door - and they confirmed that the badge I saw was real and that they do in fact drive those exact same cars.

I was told I could file a complaint for an investigation - but was subtly warned against it because it would "be putting a lot on me". AKA - they'll just all fuck me more. I was told that most of the stuff they were saying WAS indeed bullshit and that they were just trying to scare the shit out of me and teach me a lesson. They also apologized for the way I was treated but reinforced that if it came down to it - it's their words against mine.

SO case closed - for all of you people telling me I got scammed and have my identity stolen cus there is NO way a "cop" would do this. Be VERY cautious because they just in fact did and got away with it. They could have fucked me much worse and charged me with a lot of shit, planted evidence and probably could have beat the shit out of me for "resisting arrest" or because they thought I was reaching for something.

I'm lucky I kept my mouth shut and acted like a pussy otherwise I'm pretty positive I would have got my ass kicked and thrown in jail - "omg cops cant do that" - they fucking can and will after the shit I've seen. Don't think for one fucking second any of you have any rights unless you're sure there are 50 people testifying for you. Be careful.

Can't say I'm completely surprised. The Police are a microcosm of society as a whole, i.e. there are good ones and bad ones. Just look at the history of the LAPD (a long history of corruption that is pretty sickening).

Last week my friend was coaching his son's hockey team and he got into a shouting match with the other team's coach. The other coach proceeded to scream at him several times in front of all the other kids and parents that he was going to "f*cking kill him after the game". Turns out the other coach is a police officer. Frickin lunatic.
      02-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #15
e902011
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i XDrive

Had a similar incident only it was two off duty rookies in a private vehicle. They drove past me waving badges, I ignored them and carried on to my destination. As they followed me into a parking area I called 911 claiming a possible car jacking. A marked car arrived immediately and the two guys following me were immediately hand cuffed and placed in the cruiser. The attending constables confirmed that the two were indeed policemen and that they were claiming that I had been driving over the speed limit.

I replied to the attending constables that if I had in fact been speeding so had the off duty constables and in a vehicle likely not certified to give chase. The attending constables returned to the off duty constables and after a brief chat returned to their respective vehicles and drove off without so much as a goodbye or a wave.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #16
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
Can't say I'm completely surprised. The Police are a microcosm of society as a whole, i.e. there are good ones and bad ones. Just look at the history of the LAPD (a long history of corruption that is pretty sickening).

Last week my friend was coaching his son's hockey team and he got into a shouting match with the other team's coach. The other coach proceeded to scream at him several times in front of all the other kids and parents that he was going to "f*cking kill him after the game". Turns out the other coach is a police officer. Frickin lunatic.
That's fucking ridiculous.. the problem is that there is nothing you can do. These guys have all my info - if I pursue this further by filing a complaint.. I'm potentially and very realistically risking the safety of myself and my family.

I'm just lucky I didn't get my face kicked in by them. Everything you say against these guys is a lie and they can do "whatever" they want with/to you.

They could sense that I'm somewhat of an aggressive person and they wanted me to give them a reason to let loose. I didn't and I was okay.

That's my advice - cops control you.. nothing you can do about it - you do not have any rights unless you have a videocamera or have 50 people there to witness.. If not I suggest everyone shut the hell up and take it so that they don't risk horrible things happening to them.

Pretty sure this is how Nazi Germany started.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
335alive
i accidentally the verb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ

well, that escalated quickly...
'08 E90 335i 6MT - SOLD
'13 BRZ SportTech 6MT - current
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #18
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335alive View Post
well, that escalated quickly...
Let me finish that for you

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast!
Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.
Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
Ron Burgundy: I saw that! Brick killed a guy! Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should probably find yourself a safe house or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #19
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Dude you came to a public forum to ask for advice and/or just vent. Now that you have your answers you're attacking the very same people who were trying help or give their opinion/advise. I can understand why you would be so jaded, but don't go telling everyone to shut the hell up.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #20
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
I'm not saying what you did was completely correct, but I guess it worked for you in your current circumstances.

I have to say though, if this attitude is taken every time an officer wants to be a douche, then it'll only get worse and your causing the rest of society to believe that to be submissive is okay.

You need to fight for your rights, period. After a complaint you may very well be harassed, but if they harassed your family that would be criminal harassment. If at any time a court finds them to be the least bit negligible in how they go about their duties - they're lives are fuck*d. Lose their job, never work as an officer again, criminal charges, fines, lawyers, possible jail, too much to lose just to get back at some random members of the public.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:20 AM   #21
KiX1911
Blah
Canada
Rep

e9012345, ok I have to pipe in here. There's a lot of issues with your stories. In your first post you said they didn't show badge or badge number and now after you went to 33 division they "know those officers". Did they just pull officers out of a hat and say yup those guys were officers. I'm really starting to think someone might have gotten a ticket and had to vent.

I'll be the first to agree there's bad cops and good cops but what your saying is amazing. Comparing this country to Nazi Germany? Are you being serious? Have you stepped into any other country in the world and seen how Police act / corruption there? I think we have not pretty good here in Canada.

In my 30 years of being a pretty big dickhead to Police iv never got my "face kicked in" now that I'm older, iv realized that I treat people with respect like I want to be treated.

I'm ending it here because like I said... 3 sides to every story.

Last edited by KiX1911; 02-14-2013 at 04:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #22
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
Dude you came to a public forum to ask for advice and/or just vent. Now that you have your answers you're attacking the very same people who were trying help or give their opinion/advise. I can understand why you would be so jaded, but don't go telling everyone to shut the hell up.
huh? I never told anyone to shut the hell up?

EDIT: oh I see what you mean - I think you misunderstood the point I was making. I wasn't telling anyone in HERE to shut the hell up, I was just making the point that if anyone in general is faced with the same situation as I was in, THEN it would be a good idea to just shut the hell up and take it and hope to get out of it without getting tickets/charges.

Last edited by e9012345; 02-14-2013 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0