E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Journey from E90 to E91 LCI conversion & Ispiri Wheels



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,084
iTrader: (48)

Journey from E90 to E91 LCI conversion & Ispiri Wheels

I will be editing this as the car is modified.

As some of you know that I have sold my last car and got another one.
This time I went for diesel.

Its 08 Sparkling graphite E91 330d M sport Auto.
It has one owner and FBMSH.

Specs are
- M sports
- Brake energy regeneration
- Folding mirrors with auto tilt
- Leather manual seats
- Radio
- Auto dim rear view mirror
- Rain sensor
- xenons
- Electronic assisted steering wheel
- Front and read PDC

Some quick snap shots




I have started adding the things and here is the addition so far
1- Fully electric heated memory seats
2- CIC retrofitted
3- Sound system consisting of MS-8, JL 600/6, Gladen mids and earth quakes


Future plans:
- 19 inch wheels (super confused whether to go for black wheels or 313 or silver VMRs / 353s)
- NBT (awaiting for emulator)
- Remap to 286 BHP (DONE)
- Black roof (not sure about it if it will look good, but plan was to go for black wheels, legal tinted windows, black front bumper splitters and OEM rear black lines tail lights)
- Tinted rear windows
- Possible Front and rear LCI conversion (costing 2K to do properly and not sure if I should really spend that money)
- Rear performance diffuser
- Perfromance exhaust (does bmw make for 330d and if yes, what is the sound like?)

I think this should be it for the time being.

Looking forward to hear from you guys what else I should/ should not do.

Thanks.
__________________

Last edited by makkan00; 10-19-2014 at 08:08 AM.
makkan00 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
GreaseJunkie
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 e90 330i Black Sapphire
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Virginia

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Beautiful car! I almost bought an e91, but got too good a deal on my e90 to pass up.

in my opinion only, I'd keep the pre-lci front. Gotta show some love for the 'stache.
GreaseJunkie is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London

Posts: 447
iTrader: (0)

Wish I had just a little bit of your knowledge/skill, I'm sure what ever you decide will be sweet as mate.. Good luck with it all, look forward to seeing the progress...
rufnekfatboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
Frobius
Captain
 
Frobius's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330d M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntingdon, UK

Posts: 976
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
-LCI Xenons.
-Assuming you don't do LCI conversion - dark line tails. I take it it's the painting thats the most cost for the LCI as did -they do SG in LCI?
-Polish the tailpipes!
-I'd put 313s on them. They look much classier than black wheels and look even better on the E91.
-Carbon front splitter?
Frobius is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
M4KingUK
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 434
iTrader: (0)

If your car ends up looking this then 313's all day long + LCI Conversion

Name:  img-20120227-00106ny4a5.jpg
Views: 1293
Size:  239.5 KB

Last edited by M4KingUK; 06-25-2014 at 02:49 PM.
M4KingUK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
bungleaio
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Pug 208
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Leicester UK

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

Looks like a nice car mate.

Surprised you're going for CIC and not the next gen stuff?
bungleaio is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,084
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseJunkie View Post
Beautiful car! I almost bought an e91, but got too good a deal on my e90 to pass up.

in my opinion only, I'd keep the pre-lci front. Gotta show some love for the 'stache.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnekfatboy View Post
Wish I had just a little bit of your knowledge/skill, I'm sure what ever you decide will be sweet as mate.. Good luck with it all, look forward to seeing the progress...
Thanks mate. We all have strong points. My weak point if mechanical side of the car and for that it goes to indy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius View Post
-LCI Xenons.
-Assuming you don't do LCI conversion - dark line tails. I take it it's the painting thats the most cost for the LCI as did -they do SG in LCI?
-Polish the tailpipes!
-I'd put 313s on them. They look much classier than black wheels and look even better on the E91.
-Carbon front splitter?
Yes, most of the cost is for painting or I will have to wait for the right car getting breaking.

Re: polish tail pipes, any hint. They look beyond polishing to me.
Re: Carbon splitter, hate carbon on the exterior of the car, so will go with plain black or possibly get it painted in graphite colour.
Re: I have LCI xenons insitu but not putting them on as they may look odd on pre-LCI. Since I have them, therefore itch for LCI conversion is there...

Re: 313s, looking at the oem and their problems, I am thinking of going for replicas but again not sure. I saw replica in flesh today and it looked very similar to oem expect that the rear has slightly less concavity to it.
Guy had it for 1 year and no signs of rust or milking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3KingUK View Post
If your car ends up looking this then 313's all day long + LCI Conversion
That is a slammed ....

Will try to keep it on standard suspension this time.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bungleaio View Post
Looks like a nice car mate.

Surprised you're going for CIC and not the next gen stuff?

Thanks matey.

CIC and combox is more compatible with the car tbh and still car can be altered / serviced if it goes to the dealer.

NBT gives me a feeling of after market navigation. However, I already had it in my last car (E90) and transferring it in this E91 next weeks sometime.
__________________
makkan00 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
jammy78
Major
 
Drives: E92 330D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Posts: 1,366
iTrader: (18)

Did you sell the E90?
jammy78 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #9
Tak1986
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91 335i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 501
iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the E91! a set of blackline rear would be nice I got mine through the Germany, and generally cheaper than any UK sources.
Tak1986 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #10
Rudz
Captain
 
Rudz's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton

Posts: 983
iTrader: (2)

Autosol will sort that tail pipe pretty sharpish mate, it is cheap as chips too, look it up on eBay

Lovely car, well done on ur purchase mate
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Rudz is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #11
David c
Private
 
David c's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 325d M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North East

Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Looks a cracking car mate. I think black wheels look good on sparkling graphite I've gone with black on mine and think they give a extra depth to the paint. But then again 313's do look good on a e91.
David c is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #12
Frobius
Captain
 
Frobius's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330d M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntingdon, UK

Posts: 976
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
LCI xenons will really freshen up the front even if you don't end up doing the full conversion. I've never really liked the pre-LCI lights, front or rear. The angel eyes aren't nearly as nice an the indicators in the LCI are just so much better! Do it!

As for the pipes, defo Autosol. Have you got matt pipes like mine or the chrome ones? If matt, then you may end up with polished chrome ones by the time you finish. Still looks good though.
Frobius is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #13
BoondogUK
Captain
 
Drives: Monaco Blue e90 320d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gloucestershire

Posts: 844
iTrader: (0)

Looks lovely Mak, I am not a fan of black wheels... Graphite, or similar maybe.

The 313s do look mint on an e91!

+1 autosol for the tail pipes. If they have heavy soiling a very fine brillo and fairy liquid, then autosol to polish up.
__________________
Pre LCI Monaco Blue e90, iDrive, 18" 220M reps, M3 Front Bumper, LCI headlights, Darklines, Eibach Pro Kit [Build Thread]
ICE: DLS R4s, Gladen HG-201BMW-3, Alpine PDX 4.100
BoondogUK is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #14
dest
Captain
 
dest's Avatar
 
Drives: 330d Msport Touring
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northamptonshire

Posts: 814
iTrader: (4)

Very nice Sam!
Did seeing mine tempt you more then?

From what you've said, Id go for Darklines, 313's (standard silver colour) and a light tint all round.
The reason I say that is because of the car colour, dark rear tints would make it look a bit like a van. (Ive got a pet hate for that look!)
Performance diffuser is a good idea, and one I'm thinking about, or I might go for the 335 look.
The only thing I'd do is lower it and maybe LCI roof rails (another thing on my might do list!)
dest is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #15
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,084
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
Did you sell the E90?
Wasn't expecting a quick sale but it was sold in 4 hours of being online. I let the Aluflegens and leather interior go with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak1986 View Post
Congrats on the E91! a set of blackline rear would be nice I got mine through the Germany, and generally cheaper than any UK sources.
Your car looks great mate. Especially after your dropped it.

I have contacted German sellers and all of them are out of stock.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Autosol will sort that tail pipe pretty sharpish mate, it is cheap as chips too, look it up on eBay

Lovely car, well done on ur purchase mate
Thanks Rudz. Ordered autosol.

Rudz, do you remember that we found pre-LCI 1M bumper for E90/91?
Any idea where was that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by David c View Post
Looks a cracking car mate. I think black wheels look good on sparkling graphite I've gone with black on mine and think they give a extra depth to the paint. But then again 313's do look good on a e91.
Cheers. Any photos of your car. DP is very small and cannot see it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius View Post
LCI xenons will really freshen up the front even if you don't end up doing the full conversion. I've never really liked the pre-LCI lights, front or rear. The angel eyes aren't nearly as nice an the indicators in the LCI are just so much better! Do it!

As for the pipes, defo Autosol. Have you got matt pipes like mine or the chrome ones? If matt, then you may end up with polished chrome ones by the time you finish. Still looks good though.
Completely agreed. Pre-LCI lights are no good at all except the OEM darklines.

I think they are matt pipes. Or it might be that they were never clean. Will check over the weekend.


Thanks for the suggestions so far. Excellent ideas.



Quote:
Originally Posted by BoondogUK View Post
Looks lovely Mak, I am not a fan of black wheels... Graphite, or similar maybe.

The 313s do look mint on an e91!

+1 autosol for the tail pipes. If they have heavy soiling a very fine brillo and fairy liquid, then autosol to polish up.

Personally I do not like the black wheels, but I had White E93 (check my facebook page) with black wheels and Black M3 with black wheels (matt black) and both changed my mind TBH.

You loose the definition from the distance, but if the car is parked, they looked great.

Check these....

That concavity at the rear is killer!
__________________
makkan00 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #16
jimborae
Private First Class
 
Drives: E91 335i M-Sport Touring LCI
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Berkshire, UK

Posts: 129
iTrader: (2)

Nice, as said welcome to the club!
jimborae is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #17
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,084
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
Very nice Sam!
Did seeing mine tempt you more then?

From what you've said, Id go for Darklines, 313's (standard silver colour) and a light tint all round.
The reason I say that is because of the car colour, dark rear tints would make it look a bit like a van. (Ive got a pet hate for that look!)
Performance diffuser is a good idea, and one I'm thinking about, or I might go for the 335 look.
The only thing I'd do is lower it and maybe LCI roof rails (another thing on my might do list!)
Yes, possibly you are the culprit. I wanted E91/E61 and made my mind. Was not sure if I wanted a 320D or 330D. so there you go....

Everybody is suggesting 313s despite of all the issues. They look excellent and I completely agree but milking and rust....

Even Miswa said '313' and I had to lie about the cost

I see your point about light tinting all around. Thanks for pointing it, otherwise plan was to have the rears bit more darker than the fronts.

Yes, performance diffuser is on the list but 300-400 just for the diffuser is putting me off.


Re: Lowering, I am thinking not to touch the suspension this time. Eibach sport line were brilliant for the drop on my last car but were bit harsh. On a plus side, car was planted so good that E91 is no where near it.
I have to say that drop on your car look sweet. Very well balanced.

LCI roof rails are very hard to get.... will try.

Thanks for the suggestions.
__________________
makkan00 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #18
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,084
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborae View Post
Nice, as said welcome to the club!
Thanks. Your car is a benchmark!

Can't go for performance parts all over, but will keep a balance.
__________________
makkan00 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #19
Rudz
Captain
 
Rudz's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brighton

Posts: 983
iTrader: (2)

Mate let me know if u could be interested in the 269's

http://www.treffbilder.de/images/90933566/fotoxsx3.jpg
__________________
ICE
Fronts: Morel Hybrid Ovation II 4, Rears: DLS R4, Center: Focal 100CA, Subs: Earthquake SWS8, JL 10W7, Amps: Audison LRX 6.9, Audison LRX 2.9, JL Slash 500/1 V2, DSP: JBL MS8
Rudz is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2014, 02:51 AM   #20
Jat
First Lieutenant
 
Jat's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330i M Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Leicester

Posts: 373
iTrader: (0)

Welcome to the E91 Club Makkan!

Black on SG cars look aggressive and very moody overall, if that is what you like go for it. MY car originally had black rims, and although I loved the aggressive look, I prefer the lift the car gets with the current hyper silver rims. I got laminX on the front and rear lights, good option if you don't want to wait for darkling rears. Colour-coded diffuser looks nice too.

Looking to see how this progresses for you mate - very nice base to start with!
__________________
E91 330i M Sport : Coilovers : Simota Air Intake : BMW Performance Brakes : 335 Style Exhaust : BMW Performance Colour Coded Engine Bay : BMW Strut Brace : 19" 1M Style Rims

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Jat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2014, 03:38 AM   #21
BoondogUK
Captain
 
Drives: Monaco Blue e90 320d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gloucestershire

Posts: 844
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Personally I do not like the black wheels, but I had White E93 (check my facebook page) with black wheels and Black M3 with black wheels (matt black) and both changed my mind TBH.

You loose the definition from the distance, but if the car is parked, they looked great.

Check these....

That concavity at the rear is killer!
Yeah, I have been digging the Ispiri wheels... I love IRS5's for the same reason. They do them at CM Wheels as well, so prob a touch cheaper than the ebay ones.

The Concavity on them looks immense... This is the Graphite ones I was looking at. But not sure if they do them in non-m3 fitment
__________________
Pre LCI Monaco Blue e90, iDrive, 18" 220M reps, M3 Front Bumper, LCI headlights, Darklines, Eibach Pro Kit [Build Thread]
ICE: DLS R4s, Gladen HG-201BMW-3, Alpine PDX 4.100
BoondogUK is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2014, 03:43 AM   #22
RomanWheelman
Lieutenant
 
RomanWheelman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i m-sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: EAST MIDLANDS

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Great car mate. We all love e91's here. Keep us updated with your project.
RomanWheelman is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST