E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Mustang GT was not a fan of the 335i tonight



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
E90 335i
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 559
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to E90 335i
Mustang GT was not a fan of the 335i tonight

After running a PROcede v1.47 car, I was driving home and saw a new Mustang GT and a Mustang Cobra, both modded, messing with each other. I say..."hey, that's awesome...I haven't raced either yet." So I messed with them a little bit and roll up to a red light, Cobra on my right and GT on my left. Cobra asked if I was ready to run and I said of course. I asked him how much HP he was putting down and he said: "Do you want me to tell you before I whoop you or after I whoop you?" Then I said, just tell me. So he said 505 whp. I said damn, good for you, nice numbers. I turn my head and talk to the Mustang GT guy and he says he's putting down 330 whp and asked me how much I am. I told him I figured I was putting down around 340 at the wheels. So it turns out, the Mustang Cobra never ran us at all.

Both the Mustang GT and I launch off the line and both of us don't hook up until we hit second gear. We both did hook up at the same time and when we did, I immediately pulled a CL and then by the end of second I was another CL or two ahead and by midway through third I was 4 CL ahead of him. He stayed behind me after that and I gave him a thumbs up after and he said or did nothing. 3 minutes later, I had a Ford F150 come up behind me and flash me, then pulling alongside me. He was laughing and told me how funny it was about beating that Mustang so bad. He said he saw the guy's face and he was really pissed. When I saw the guy's face, he looked pissed as well.

Just another night out in the 335i hurting some feelings. Feels good to own one....yes, it sure does.
E90 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
e90AW335i
Major General
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......

Posts: 6,608
iTrader: (4)

Good stuff man, for a second I thought you were gonna say you beat the cobra....

They hate losing to the Sedans....
e90AW335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
 
stillclaimndp's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Walnut Creek, Ca

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to stillclaimndp
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 335i View Post
After running a PROcede v1.47 car, I was driving home and saw a new Mustang GT and a Mustang Cobra, both modded, messing with each other. I say..."hey, that's awesome...I haven't raced either yet." So I messed with them a little bit and roll up to a red light, Cobra on my right and GT on my left. Cobra asked if I was ready to run and I said of course. I asked him how much HP he was putting down and he said: "Do you want me to tell you before I whoop you or after I whoop you?" Then I said, just tell me. So he said 505 whp. I said damn, good for you, nice numbers. I turn my head and talk to the Mustang GT guy and he says he's putting down 330 whp and asked me how much I am. I told him I figured I was putting down around 340 at the wheels. So it turns out, the Mustang Cobra never ran us at all.

Both the Mustang GT and I launch off the line and both of us don't hook up until we hit second gear. We both did hook up at the same time and when we did, I immediately pulled a CL and then by the end of second I was another CL or two ahead and by midway through third I was 4 CL ahead of him. He stayed behind me after that and I gave him a thumbs up after and he said or did nothing. 3 minutes later, I had a Ford F150 come up behind me and flash me, then pulling alongside me. He was laughing and told me how funny it was about beating that Mustang so bad. He said he saw the guy's face and he was really pissed. When I saw the guy's face, he looked pissed as well.

Just another night out in the 335i hurting some feelings. Feels good to own one....yes, it sure does.
nothing better than beating a ford... except maybe a viper
__________________
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
stillclaimndp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #4
nyc335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 223
iTrader: (0)

lol i love whipping these die hard american car guys. Nothings better than eating up an srt8 with your 3 series.
nyc335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
hotrod182
.
 
hotrod182's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i, 06 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (0)

Reminds me of the time when I was running next to a Jaguuar Supercharged Sedan. (XJR?) in my 06 M3. We came up to the next light. He rolled down his window and said "You'll lose." Needless to say, he ate his words.
And yes, I am dying to find some more SRT8s and GTOs. I know some of them are crazy modded, but for the most part, the ones I beat spent more $$$ on their CAI/Exhaust than I did on my JB2.
hotrod182 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
 
stillclaimndp's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Walnut Creek, Ca

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to stillclaimndp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
Reminds me of the time when I was running next to a Jaguuar Supercharged Sedan. (XJR?) in my 06 M3. We came up to the next light. He rolled down his window and said "You'll lose." Needless to say, he ate his words.
And yes, I am dying to find some more SRT8s and GTOs. I know some of them are crazy modded, but for the most part, the ones I beat spent more $$$ on their CAI/Exhaust than I did on my JB2.
lol!
__________________
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
stillclaimndp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #7
MrOffshore
Second Lieutenant
 
MrOffshore's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

Nice night...I can't wait til I can run across some action!
__________________

Yea though I drive through the valley of inferior automobiles, I will fear no evil: for Thou BMW is with me; Thy throttle and Thy steering wheel comfort me. "Psalms 335:xi
MrOffshore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
You can always trust a mustang driver to race you, just the ballcap wearing self absorbed white guys personality.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #9
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
 
stillclaimndp's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Walnut Creek, Ca

Posts: 1,419
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to stillclaimndp
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
You can always trust a mustang driver to race you, just the ballcap wearing self absorbed white guys personality.
LOL you must live in northern CA lololol...
__________________
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
stillclaimndp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 02:41 AM   #10
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,345
iTrader: (5)

Mud-tang drivers are the worse. One Sat morning around 8AM and this GT was driving like an old man (actually he was pretty old), and I pass him. Nothing hard, but he was really holding a few people up. Get stopped at a light and he sudden takes off to about 50 MPH and then slows down to his cruising speed of 35. I wasn't even racing, just trying to get to work. What a fucking A-hole. We were on surface streets known to be infested with cops.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 02:47 AM   #11
AU335
Colonel
 
AU335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southeast

Posts: 2,332
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to AU335 Send a message via MSN to AU335
well lets see....

A Toyota Celica Pizza delivery car raced me a couple of days ago. It was hilarious, seeing the car with the Pizza sign on top trying to race .

Ill let you guess the outcome
AU335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 03:05 AM   #12
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
haha ur story makes sense. my story with the 350z doesnt still to me!

the thing is, i looked at the driver with the 350Z who BEAT me and he looked pissed still
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 03:06 AM   #13
ironic
Major General
 
ironic's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco, Ca

Posts: 8,342
iTrader: (22)

=P
__________________


Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
ironic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 07:16 AM   #14
fll335
Major
 
fll335's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, X5M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FL

Posts: 1,198
iTrader: (3)

What about the Procede race?
fll335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 07:19 AM   #15
E90 335i
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 559
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to E90 335i
Pulled 1-1.5 CL by 110 mph and was still walking in the meaty parts of the gears....if I had some room to 135ish, I would have been 2-3 CL up.
E90 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 08:22 AM   #16
NYBMW335
Lieutenant
 
NYBMW335's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i jet black/black
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 420
iTrader: (1)

You guys are funny with these mustang's. Just remember there are alot more worked mustangs then BMW's. I had a 95 cobra 351w twin turbo, and i ran a 10 sec quarter mile, and i was getting whooped all day at a mustang test and tune night.

I love my BMW, but its gonna take alot more then these little turbos to beat most MUSTANGS.

The mustangs enthusiast are insane, we Bimmer guys should love our cars as much as some mustang guys do.
NYBMW335 is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #17
turbocoins
Captain
 
turbocoins's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Warm Climate

Posts: 751
iTrader: (0)

Agreed. However: 1. There is a mustang at every intersection. 2. Most of them think that they are faster than you (no matter what you are driving). 3. Most of them want to race you. I think that there must be a "Mustang personality."
turbocoins is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #18
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
 
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMW335 View Post
You guys are funny with these mustang's. Just remember there are alot more worked mustangs then BMW's. I had a 95 cobra 351w twin turbo, and i ran a 10 sec quarter mile, and i was getting whooped all day at a mustang test and tune night.

I love my BMW, but its gonna take alot more then these little turbos to beat most MUSTANGS.

The mustangs enthusiast are insane, we Bimmer guys should love our cars as much as some mustang guys do.
Notice what you just posted. 1995 Cobra. All of these modded mustangs you're talking about have been out for a long time so there are tons of performance parts out there, whereas our 335's have been out for just a year so not so much.

From what I have seen you're right though, I've never seen bigger enthusiasts than mustang owners. A lot are ignorant rednecks who, like turbocoins said, think their faster than you even if you're driving a Bugatti. American muscle right?
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
ArmyBimmerDude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #19
GAM3OVR85
Major General
 
GAM3OVR85's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,050
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
well lets see....

A Toyota Celica Pizza delivery car raced me a couple of days ago. It was hilarious, seeing the car with the Pizza sign on top trying to race .

Ill let you guess the outcome
YOU LOST!!!!! LOL
jk
GAM3OVR85 is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #20
AU335
Colonel
 
AU335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southeast

Posts: 2,332
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to AU335 Send a message via MSN to AU335
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
YOU LOST!!!!! LOL
jk
hah DAMNIT!!! shhh.. Dont tell anyone
AU335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #21
e90AW335i
Major General
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......

Posts: 6,608
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMW335 View Post
You guys are funny with these mustang's. Just remember there are alot more worked mustangs then BMW's. I had a 95 cobra 351w twin turbo, and i ran a 10 sec quarter mile, and i was getting whooped all day at a mustang test and tune night.

I love my BMW, but its gonna take alot more then these little turbos to beat most MUSTANGS.

The mustangs enthusiast are insane, we Bimmer guys should love our cars as much as some mustang guys do.
One more thing to note, even if that mustang runs a 10 sec quarter mile....IT IS STILL A MUSTANG!!!

To me that says more then who wins the race. You get to drive home in your German luxury automobile, while he drives home in his ford
e90AW335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #22
Artz 330
Colonel
 
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

Posts: 2,486
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
well lets see....

A Toyota Celica Pizza delivery car raced me a couple of days ago. It was hilarious, seeing the car with the Pizza sign on top trying to race .

Ill let you guess the outcome
he beat your ass and now your gonna trade your car in for a celica. LOL
__________________
Artz 330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST