E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Nominees for President

View Poll Results: For whom would you vote? Select from party nominees. You may cast one vote only.
Biden, Joseph Robinette (Jr.) (D) 0 0%
Clinton, Hillary Diane Rodham (D) 21 16.03%
Cox, John Herman (R) 0 0%
Dodd, Christopher John (D) 0 0%
Edwards, Johnny Reid (D) 3 2.29%
Giuliani, Rudolph William Louis (R) 9 6.87%
Gravel, Maurice Robert (D) 1 0.76%
Huckabee, Michael Dale (R) 7 5.34%
Hunter, Duncan Lee (R) 0 0%
Kucinich, Dennis John (D) 0 0%
McCain, John Sidney (III)(R) 14 10.69%
Obama, Barack Hussein (D) 50 38.17%
Paul, Ronald Ernest (R) 20 15.27%
Richardson, William Blaine (D) 0 0%
Romney, Willard Mitt (R) 6 4.58%
Tancredo, Thomas Gerard (R) 0 0%
Thompson, Fred Dalton (R) 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

12-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Nominees for President

If the primary (or caucus) to select the party nominees for US President from the two major political parties took place today, for whom would you vote? Select one only. Leave no hanging chads.

The links to the official campaign websites are here:

Biden, Joseph Robinette (Jr.) (D)
Clinton, Hillary Diane Rodham (D)
Cox, John Herman (R)
Dodd, Christopher John (D)
Edwards, Johnny Reid (D)
Giuliani, Rudolph William Louis (R)
Gravel, Maurice Robert (D)
Huckabee, Michael Dale (R)
Hunter, Duncan Lee (R)
Kucinich, Dennis John (D)
McCain, John Sidney (III) (R)
Obama, Barack Hussein (D)
Paul, Ronald Ernest (R)
Richardson, William Blaine (D)
Romney, Willard Mitt (R)
Tancredo, Thomas Gerard (R)
Thompson, Fred Dalton (R)
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I like Mike! See his Myspace page.
Attached Images

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 04:21 AM   #3
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

dude wtf I was just thinking about starting a thread about this, good thing I searched first.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 04:26 AM   #4
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Just a little post I had in another thread .....

A new Gallup poll recently asked Democrats and Republicans to describe their own ‘mental health.’ Fifty-eight percent of Republicans describe their mental health as ‘excellent,’ compared with 38% of Democrats.

Republicans consider themselves, to a far greater degree than Democrats, in charge of their own destiny. Republican, more so than Democrats, believe hard work wins. Republicans, more so than Democrats, believe that effort and persistence pay off.

Democrats, more so than Republicans, consider the playing field uneven or unfair. And Democrats, more so than Republicans, believe that forces exist that conspire against them, hold them back or hold them down.

So, what your parents and grandparents told you turned out to be true: Money does not buy happiness. What they likely did not say, however, is that happy people tend to vote Republican.

Are you happy, or not?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 07:40 AM   #5
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
Just a little post I had in another thread .....

A new Gallup poll recently asked Democrats and Republicans to describe their own ‘mental health.’ Fifty-eight percent of Republicans describe their mental health as ‘excellent,’ compared with 38% of Democrats.

Republicans consider themselves, to a far greater degree than Democrats, in charge of their own destiny. Republican, more so than Democrats, believe hard work wins. Republicans, more so than Democrats, believe that effort and persistence pay off.

Democrats, more so than Republicans, consider the playing field uneven or unfair. And Democrats, more so than Republicans, believe that forces exist that conspire against them, hold them back or hold them down.

So, what your parents and grandparents told you turned out to be true: Money does not buy happiness. What they likely did not say, however, is that happy people tend to vote Republican.

Are you happy, or not?
That is the problem in this ountry -- we have not been this divide since the civil war... Shame
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 07:43 AM   #6
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

well everyone knows giuliani is getting the republican nod, which i am indifferent towards. and there is no way hilary actually has a chance of winning if given the democratic seat, therefore, i am voting for her in the primaries to prevent obama's chances because i could see him winning. that is my strategic voting plan. then in the actual election, i will vote for giuliani. i would honest to god rather have bush be president for the rest of my life, than have hilary clinton be president for 1 term.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 07:55 AM   #7
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
well everyone knows giuliani is getting the republican nod, which i am indifferent towards. and there is no way hilary actually has a chance of winning if given the democratic seat, therefore, i am voting for her in the primaries to prevent obama's chances because i could see him winning. that is my strategic voting plan. then in the actual election, i will vote for giuliani. i would honest to god rather have bush be president for the rest of my life, than have hilary clinton be president for 1 term.
WOW.
I'd rather have my dog in the office than the current mafia!

Oh, yes, then next pres will be a woman (read Hilary)...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 07:58 AM   #8
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

hilary will not win, sorry... i'd vote for a dog, a black man, an imperialist hick, an islamist fundamentalist, i would even vote for an illegal immigrant before i would vote for hilary clinton.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #9
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
hilary will not win, sorry... i'd vote for a dog, a black man, an imperialist hick, an islamist fundamentalist, i would even vote for an illegal immigrant before i would vote for hilary clinton.
well, your vote will mean shit this time buddy just like mine meant shit in 2000 and 2004 voting to avoid a disaster...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #10
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
well, your vote will mean shit this time buddy just like mine meant shit in 2000 and 2004 voting to avoid a disaster...
no mine always matters, yours doesn't matter because despite have a 3:1 advantage in party alignment, your party followers can not seem to get off their lazy welfare using butts for 20 minutes to punch a card.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #11
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
no mine always matters, yours doesn't matter because despite have a 3:1 advantage in party alignment, your party followers can not seem to get off their lazy welfare using butts for 20 minutes to punch a card.
One thing I agree is that Republican party is more united than the Dems (not my party as you call it...)
Other than that...after the disasterous 8 years under the current Admin, no republican has chance in 2008...although some of them do have nice and valid approaches...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #12
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
One thing I agree is that Republican party is more united than the Dems (not my party as you call it...)
Other than that...after the disasterous 8 years under the current Admin, no republican has chance in 2008...although some of them do have nice and valid approaches...
it's like John Stewart says, the biggest downfall of the Democratic Party is that the only thing they can seem to agree on is which foot to shoot themselves in.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #13
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

If Mrs. Clinton is to be the president of the feminists, is that a good representation to have a woman who didn't earn her own way? Her claim of being qualified is primarily based on her husband's experience, not her own. How could any feminist say that record represents them? Mrs. Clinton is a vacant skirt.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 11:40 PM   #14
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Hillary is a no no for me. people think she's "clinton" but she's not

Obama has no chances just simply coz he's black. period, so i wont waste my vote

John edwards has strong stances and he's very firm, and i like his views. he's too idealists tho, but he earns my vote
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #15
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
Hillary is a no no for me. people think she's "clinton" but she's not

Obama has no chances just simply coz he's black. period, so i wont waste my vote

John edwards has strong stances and he's very firm, and i like his views. he's too idealists tho, but he earns my vote
I see what you mean about Obama, but he has a much more likeable and appealing personality compared to the shrieking Hillary. If Obama did get his party's nomination, it would be an easy mark to beat because of the potential he would unfairly represent his race and not all Americans. His political inexperience would be a tremendous handicap.

John Edwards has numerous problems, most notably that he represents all the negatives of trial lawyers.

Of the Dems, Chris Dodd may be the most likeable on the issues...but I haven't really looked at his policy positions outside of a couple debates.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #16
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I see what you mean about Obama, but he has a much more likeable and appealing personality compared to the shrieking Hillary. If Obama did get his party's nomination, it would be an easy mark to beat because of the potential he would unfairly represent his race and not all Americans. His political inexperience would be a tremendous handicap.

John Edwards has numerous problems, most notably that he represents all the negatives of trial lawyers.

Of the Dems, Chris Dodd may be the most likeable on the issues...but I haven't really looked at his policy positions outside of a couple debates.
one thing is for sure -- whatever they promise during the election campaign, we cannot believe them all the way -- a perfect example is George W that did not follow on majority of his promisses. Therefore, it is just the campaign BS...
Next, the elected president should be the representative of our people in the eyes of other countries. I doubt that Clinton or Bush or whoever made any of the decisions on their own but with a huge influence of many advisers. Having this current idiot representing us in front of the world is just plane shameful.
Experience -- it is obvious, like it or not, that Hilary has the most direct and indirect experience of all candidates, especially Dems. Yes, a lot came because of her husband, but also from her own agendas like, IMO the most important one -- the healthcare.
I like Obama, but he's simply inexperienced which he showed in the begining of his campaign. After that, he was coached, and that is OK -- but at this point we do not need a student in the office but someone who's seen it already.
Edwards is so fake IMO, and I blame him for having W in the office for a second term...
Other Democrats are just a plain joke...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #17
sstarch1
From Russia With Boost
Rep

Drives: E92 335i - Vroom

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
RON PAUL
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #18
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Drives: Like a boss

I voted Clinton, simply because I wanna see slick Willy back at the house for another four years. Plus she looks like she has her head on straight and maybe this country needs a little change.

But in all honesty, not be racist or sexist( I'm really not) if by some chance Hilary or Obama come close to winning or even win they would have just sign their death warrant. There are people in this country that would not allow them to live because they are not a white male. Sad but there are just some ignorant people.
      12-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #19
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Take a look at www.fairtax.org and www.mikehuckabee.com. Even if you don’t like Mike, you might like the fair tax. He is the only candidate for president that advocates it.

Edit: It turns out there are a good number of supporters of the fair tax, but the strongest advocate appears to be Huckabee. See http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=news_presScorecard

Last edited by scottwww; 12-11-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: better information
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #20
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

Quote:
Take a look at www.fairtax.org and www.mikehuckabee.com. Even if you don’t like Mike, you might like the fair tax. He is the only candidate for president that advocates it.

Edit: It turns out there are a good number of supporters of the fair tax, but the strongest advocate appears to be Huckabee. See http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=news_presScorecard
Mike huckabee said during the republican debate that he believes in every word in the bible. That disqualifies him, because he must be delusional or extremely morally weird to do that.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 11:38 PM   #21
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Mike huckabee said during the republican debate that he believes in every word in the bible. That disqualifies him, because he must be delusional or extremely morally weird to do that.
I watched the debate carefully (the youtube debate). Huckabee didn't say that he believed every word in the bible.

Huckabee said something like "When the Bible reads, 'If your eye offends you, pluck it out' it is obviously allegorical. You would not take it literally." He also said something to the effect that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and that he does not claim to understand all of it, and he doesn't expect to understand it all.

This is also my point of view as a Christian. I think it is the view of most Christians.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #22
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I watched the debate carefully (the youtube debate). Huckabee didn't say that he believed every word in the bible.

Huckabee said something like "When the Bible reads, 'If your eye offends you, pluck it out' it is obviously allegorical. You would not take it literally." He also said something to the effect that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and that he does not claim to understand all of it, and he doesn't expect to understand it all.

This is also my point of view as a Christian. I think it is the view of most Christians.

Bible is what???
Appreciate 0