E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Friend just got a G37

12-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #45
E90 335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
When you're so far up Vip's as$, not only can you not see the light, but you also end up putting your foot in your mouth.
The hypocrisy! I rest my case, your honor.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #46
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

You get a dinan warranty. If your motor goes boom, they will make up any excuse not to cover it. You over revved, you beat on the car too much and it overheated, You will see, I been there done that. It was their disgretion not to fix my car.(e36 m3) I am still waiting 5 years later for an answer, after I had to pay to get the car fixed. It is up to them, if they for any reason say no, your done. BMW will not even look at you. AND BMW has their own performance division, so Dinan is basically out the door. Wow, this warranty crap really has people fooled. Wake up people...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #47
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

Does Dinan self-warranty, or do they pay somebody to "cover" them? Like insurance. I could just see you arguing with a Dinan rep about covering something, and the rep says talk to the warranty company.
      12-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #48
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

i already told my dealer to order it i should get it this week hopefully!!! and sfl gator i think he was talking throttle response and smoothness where as we have heard some jerkiness from some of the other tunes which is why people are excited about helix's new tune b/c it is supposed to be super fast but super smooth with many more positive attributes other than raw power which is what dinan talks about in the pdf that is online now it takes the water pump into the equation and many other things that a piggy back doesn't therefore they are able to fine tune things a little bit better!!! i don't doubt shiv's capabilities but this is one map from dinan shiv has a few and they all throw cels on some cars this won't...this has speed limit defeat and other features other tuners don't really have out in this package...though the price is crazy i asked shiv if for a grand he would offer a warranty he said sure that was over a month ago and i sent a pm and talked in a couple threads he frequented and i was avoided so i guess that is a no go....so dinan here i come yet again...i have a dinan e34 540i that is in the middles of a trans rebuild right now at 131k but the engine is as smooth as butter and no cylinder wear and since every button and feature was kept in mint condition on the car i guess it is time to save her from her death hopefully i get the quote tomorrow so wish me luck!!! oh this place(the werk shop) i took the e34 today had a M1 that they were fully restoring the guy rebuilt the engine by hand it looked brand new i saw it under plastic sheets!!!! unbelievably gorgeous engine!!! seen many times in photo's but never in real life out of an m1!!!

and bimmermans54 i never had one issue with dinan even with replacing suspension components from early wear....so stop talking crap...each tune has there benifits and downsides...it's like telling someone to go kw v3 or bilstein....it's a preference...not all people want the same things...if that was the case there wouldn't be near the ammount of businesses out there!!! but i have had no issues with dinan ever tand if this car takes them back to 1990's style dinan was and work like on the z8 that they just did for someone....then they are gonna stay in business for a long time...steve dinan isn't going anywhere he loves racing and working with bmw's too much

Last edited by purplewidow; 12-10-2007 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #49
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermans54 View Post
To the OP= Are you on crack? Are you that retarded? Seriously. You get a dinan warranty. If your motor goes boom, they will make up any excuse not to cover it. You over revved, you beat on the car too much and it overheated, You will see, I been there done that. It was their disgretion not to fix my car.(e36 m3) I am still waiting 5 years later for an answer, after I had to pay to get the car fixed. It is up to them, if they for any reason say no, your done. BMW will not even look at you. AND BMW has their own performance division, so Dinan is basically out the door. Wow, this warranty crap really has people fooled. Wake up people...
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing too]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #50
Jed
IN THE KNOW!!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 E36 325is; 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
To the OP= Are you on crack? Are you that retarded? Seriously. You get a dinan warranty. If your motor goes boom, they will make up any excuse not to cover it. You over revved, you beat on the car too much and it overheated, You will see, I been there done that. It was their disgretion not to fix my car.(e36 m3) I am still waiting 5 years later for an answer, after I had to pay to get the car fixed. It is up to them, if they for any reason say no, your done. BMW will not even look at you. AND BMW has their own performance division, so Dinan is basically out the door. Wow, this warranty crap really has people fooled. Wake up people...
Agreed. I've heard horror stories from my friend at a dealership and how Dinan would make it very difficult for the customer to claim warranty work and how Dinan wouldn't pay for the work.

However, for someone that is going to mod, this is a somewhat more reasonable way of doing so.

This sounds like a great route with Dinan's R&D, but I will wait to see what happens if something happens to the car and what Dinan will do.

2007 Jet Black 335i Coupe: Saddle Brown interior | ZSP | ZCP | ZPP | iPod integration.
1994 Hellrot 325is: Sport Package | PSS9 Coilover | AutoThority chip | AutoThority CF Intake | UUC pullies | Dinan HiFlo Throttle Body | UUC StrutBarbarian | UUC Evo II SSK | BMW Motorsports X Brace | Rogue Engineering DMS exhaust | Kumho Ecsta V700 R Comps |
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #51
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

2k Oil cooler is "recommended". Wonder if your engine blows with the OEM oil cooler if they would give you a hassle over that. The limp mode should prevent overheating... Nice options to have though.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #52
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335boosted2Dmax View Post
G37= CRAP, plain and simple

also to all you fanboys of each company, let it be Vishnu, JB, Helix or DINAN, just friggin relax and get off everyones NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^couldn't get his girl to let him buy a piggyback
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #53
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP

Quote:
interesting... plus at 4,000, no wonder they can advertise a warranty lol.
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #54
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
2k Oil cooler is "recommended". Wonder if your engine blows with the OEM oil cooler if they would give you a hassle over that. The limp mode should prevent overheating... Nice options to have though.
Give that man a cookie.....

I think you got it in one...

Dinan: "what you DIDN'T go for our $2000 oil cooler ? tut tut tut"

YOU: "well, no I was happy with the cooler that came as stock on the car?"

Dinan: " but how can you expect us to fix your melted slagheap of an engine if you didn't follow our recommendations?"

YOU: "but....."

SJ
      12-11-2007, 07:34 AM   #55
335FTW!
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_335i View Post
I am new member here but I have already noticed that you jump in every thread repeating the same thing over and over. Let the OP enjoy his new tune. He does not care what your Procede V2.0 feels like since he has already made his decision on the tune and keeping the warranty. Thanks!
+1000. I see the same people attack others over and over again. Let the OP enjoy his tune. He's happy with it and was simply supplying all of us with information. He's not attacking you just simply stating his OPINION so stop your damn cryin and grow UP!! How old are you guys anyways that sit here and complain, whine, attack others....I bet that I can do a search on the forum for the usual suspects and find threads and threads of the same crap. I'm sure you're in your 30s but damn are you immature! Wow, I've never seen anything like it. Were you constantly picked on while growing up? ENOUGH ALREADY! You guys are so lucky that I'm not the admin on here or you would have been banned a long time ago!!

BTW,

I hate to bust your bubble, but VIP Tuning does have the fastest 335 currently. THAT IS A FACT! Does that mean that we have no chance of getting to the low 11s? Does that mean that his tune is better than ours? NOOOOOOOOOO.

GET OVER IT!!

OP, congrats on your Dinan tune!! We await your Dyno results and hope that you never have a bad experience with Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 08:13 AM   #56
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
When you're so far up Vip's as$, not only can you not see the light, but you also end up putting your foot in your mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 335i View Post
The hypocrisy! I rest my case, your honor.
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #57
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCbmw22 View Post
labor if i remember right left my reciept at work came out to a total of 2,300 or 2,400

As for the proceede run i know there fast driven one but i just dont feel safe in them feels likes the engine its about to boom, and when that happens dont think shiv will come to the rescue as Dinan will replace everything. I was ALL about the warranty on this purchase with that little extra "kick"
thanks alot for the info.
300-400 dollars seems expensive for the labor and tax. damnit. was there no way to get around it.
      12-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #58
BoostedE90
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspreston View Post
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #59
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

JCbmw22, please keep us posted on the dyno results! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #60
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Why are peolple saying their oil cooler is $2000, for a package total of $4000? Nowhere I see lists the oil cooler price, just the software price at $1999.

EDIT - Kyleh pointed me to the reference.

Last edited by ezatnova; 12-11-2007 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #61
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
Why are peolple saying their oil cooler is $2000, for a package total of $4000? Nowhere I see lists the oil cooler price, just the software price at $1999.
From the Dinan post by Stan@dinan, post #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan@dinan View Post

Price

Software cost is $2,000.00, The oil cooler cost is $2,000.00 as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #62
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
From the Dinan post by Stan@dinan, post #1
Lord and baby Jesus, that's insane.

I stand corrected!

Hopefully Stan got a little twitchy with the 0 key and tacked an extra on there. $200 = reasonable. $2000 = Marion Barry
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #63
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I stand corrected!

Hopefully Stan got a little twitchy with the 0 key and tacked an extra on there. $200 = reasonable. $2000 = Marion Barry
Pay for the name I suppose....
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #64
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Question

JCbmw22, how did the dyno turn out?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #65
silvrevo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235v 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspreston View Post
R.I.P. Tommy Boy.

And thats what makes the general public the general public. Fact is Im a Hell of a salesman , and they dont know better!

Glad to see someone with the Dinan flash.

Post up the dyno numbers when you get around to it.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #66
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

I stand corrected!

OEM oil cooler retrofit is 1500.00 so 2000.00 for a much bigger one seems about right. But I would think there should be a different price for someone with no oil cooler at all vs someone who already has the oem one but just needs an upgrade. Cant they use any of the same parts?
Appreciate 0