E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Farewell 335d hello Nissan

07-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #23
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom

Drives: E91 330D

Lovely motor.

And just in case if you guys missed this...
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/n...ive-2014-07-21
      07-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #24
jimmylad
Lieutenant
England

Drives: e92 335d sapphire black

just a quickie....

The monies mentioned in the previous post were for the limited edition M3 they were offering last year.

I bought the GTR outright & got a fantastic bargain.

Drove it back 80 miles up the M1 which was easy & makes you feel confident but once you get to some side streets where the e92 would sail round I am being ultra careful. I just cant judge the kerb distance at all yet. When I parked up I was 18" off the kerb!! Not pushed it yet as it feels a big car & I would like to sit higher up in it so I cant get the commanding viewpoint I would like.

One thing I cant get over is that it gets into 6th gear in a matter of yards when you pull off using light throttle. 1k revs at 30 up hill it top gear in less than 100 yards. It's ridiculous. It is very clunky at slow speed & I was expecting this looking at some reviews & then rolling it smooths right out.

I am ashamed to say that I got 35mpg coming home so you can tell I am captain slow but in my defense my mrs was following me in the daughters clio & she doesn't do motorways so I was trying to keep her in her comfort zone & in view in the slow lane. Also I wasn't in a rush & just enjoying the ride taking it all in. One other thing that makes you think twice was an accident on the south bound M1 around Northampton. An Audi had taken out some of the central reservation & there was blood all over the windows.

Well must get some work done now. Got some catching up to do..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #25
gangzoom
Major

Drives: E90 335i M sport

Congrats on the car, looks amazing!!

Accidents are always a horrible reminder just how badly things can go wrong
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #26
Touringchris
Private

Drives: 2006 E91 330D Touring

What a beautiful car. I am genuinely in love with these and would do anything to have a passenger ride in one let alone own one.

I must be doing something seriously wrong!

Congrats and hope you have lots of safe fun in it!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #27
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: X70 on the way

Very nice car.

Push your rear view mirror up. I'm hoping the previous owner knew to do this. But many don't and it's very intrusive.

Hope you have some 'gunk' and a footpump in your car as you're now on Non-run flats if you're running MPSS (worth checking the boot or in the footwell)

SVM did my fast datsun 4 years ago and i'd recommend them. But it's a slippery slope and to be honest there are some days when it's very wet out that i'd be happy to have the tamer standard car back! But then when the roads dry out..............

Enjoy and remember it's a big heavy beast so takes a bit of stopping! So you'll have to get used to braking a lot earlier than you would in other cars because of the closing speeds and weight you're carrying!

Mods i would do if you haven't already:
Auto folding mirrors when locked
Rear Camera
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #28
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom

Drives: 911 Turbo

Ive got a quick enough motor... but 0-60 in 2.7 is nuts

One day ill have one....
      07-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #29
Bimmerprid3
Private First Class
United_States

Drives: Bmw 335I Coupe

I am very jealous now !!!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #30
jimmylad
Lieutenant
England

Drives: e92 335d sapphire black

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Very nice car.

Push your rear view mirror up. I'm hoping the previous owner knew to do this. But many don't and it's very intrusive.

Hope you have some 'gunk' and a footpump in your car as you're now on Non-run flats if you're running MPSS (worth checking the boot or in the footwell)

SVM did my fast datsun 4 years ago and i'd recommend them. But it's a slippery slope and to be honest there are some days when it's very wet out that i'd be happy to have the tamer standard car back! But then when the roads dry out..............

Enjoy and remember it's a big heavy beast so takes a bit of stopping! So you'll have to get used to braking a lot earlier than you would in other cars because of the closing speeds and weight you're carrying!

Mods i would do if you haven't already:
Auto folding mirrors when locked
Rear Camera
Thanks for the advice

It came with auto folding mirrors & reversing camera which is a god send.

Also, it has an illuminated R in the GTR badge in the front grill which I believe the previous owner paid 450 for..Still haven't drove it that much (used way less than half a tank in 8 days) as I am so busy work wise & I have just started polishing it tonight with my porter cable (doesn't need much other than a once over with the finest of pads) ready for the Gtechniq exo. I have a day off on Friday to finish it if rain doesn't stop play. Washing it takes twice as long as the e92 & it seems like it has acres of bodywork to clean.

I bought it from a guy on the GTR forum so I went through all his posts about the car to see if there was anything of note worth knowing and everything looked & sounded good. I even got a free set of Tyres with the car which are due with me next Tuesday so all in all I am well happy so far. Just need some free time. I reckon the tyres on at the mo have at least 5k miles left on them.

One kid came up to me when I was getting in the car & said "Your car is sick mate" LOL To be honest everyone stares wherever you go albeit not that far at the mo.

Nearly forgot to say..... stomped all over a M135i the other day without really trying.

I will post some pics up soon once I have polished it
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 04:02 AM   #31
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylad View Post
Thanks for the advice

It came with auto folding mirrors & reversing camera which is a god send.

Also, it has an illuminated R in the GTR badge in the front grill which I believe the previous owner paid 450 for..Still haven't drove it that much (used way less than half a tank in 8 days) as I am so busy work wise & I have just started polishing it tonight with my porter cable (doesn't need much other than a once over with the finest of pads) ready for the Gtechniq exo. I have a day off on Friday to finish it if rain doesn't stop play. Washing it takes twice as long as the e92 & it seems like it has acres of bodywork to clean.

I bought it from a guy on the GTR forum so I went through all his posts about the car to see if there was anything of note worth knowing and everything looked & sounded good. I even got a free set of Tyres with the car which are due with me next Tuesday so all in all I am well happy so far. Just need some free time. I reckon the tyres on at the mo have at least 5k miles left on them.

One kid came up to me when I was getting in the car & said "Your car is sick mate" LOL To be honest everyone stares wherever you go albeit not that far at the mo.

Nearly forgot to say..... stomped all over a M135i the other day without really trying.

I will post some pics up soon once I have polished it

Good Good. Lots of good advice on that forum (and the usual idiots too)

That badge (Tommy Kiara i think) is a ridiculous price, but if you don't have to pay for it yourself.....

I'd take it out the back roads before you wash it and get used to the braking and weight of the car. It's very different to what i had before 335D (e91) and AudiS3. Then you can clean all the gunk off it

Enjoy and just make sure you digital display is on the speed as it 3 figures in under 7 seconds in mine and not much more for yours!
Appreciate 0