E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Palestine

07-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
mob17
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 335D

Palestine

Suprised no one has really made a thread about this yet.

Who else out there thinks its crazy and illegal whats happening there? Israeli army bombing hospitals, schools, beaches and killing women and children.

The IDF (Israel Defence Force) say they warned the Palestinians, but where are they supposed to go??? There's a huge wall one side and the sea the other. Are they supposed to all make a boat and hit the seas?

The IDF say they have the right to defend its citizens from rocket attacks, and i totally agree with them. They have huge amounts of investment from the US and have an amazing drone defense system which is very effective. The bumber of IDF soldiers killed in this operation is more than the number of Israelies killed by the attacks!

Please take the time to read this article by John Prescott: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...YsjEOl.twitter

And this video by Jon Snow (Channel 4 reporter):

Imagine if any other country got invaded by a certain ethnic group, their land being stolen, the original citizens being trapped in tiny areas physically, economic blockades so they all get into poverty, then when the people try to fight back they are brutally punished. The whole world would be up in arms to stop these people, dare i say it, terrorists?

The obvious answer is the special relationship the US has with Israel. I find it pretty ironic that on one hand the US is fighting this "War on Terror", and on the other its funding this massacre.

Also i would like to make clear there are a lot of Jews out there who oppose their Government actions. They set up groups and they hate what is happening. But coverage of these groups is kept to a minimum, you can probably guess why.

This is one of those Jewish groups. Have a read of the link which is their response to IDF attacks: http://www.truetorahjews.org/qanda/gaza1 Its really suprising to read views of jews, rabbis etc. The world would have you think that 100% of Jews support Israel!
1996 E36 316I SE

Last edited by mob17; 07-26-2014 at 11:47 PM.
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
      07-27-2014, 12:32 AM   #2
m3ray
Lieutenant

Drives: '09 e92 M3

Nothing new, been going on for 7 decades and not likely to stop.
      07-27-2014, 03:09 AM   #3
confused.com
Private First Class

Drives: 335d

The killing of innocent people is sad to see, but in my view this is part of the game Hamas are playing. They are inviting destruction to densely populated areas in attempt to capture a world wide audience to condemn Israel - seems to be going well so far. I can't see any other reason why they are storing destructive arms in schools and the like, and why they are even starting with Israel given their mite, yes i believe they always seem to instigate things.

Not sure what your comment about the idf losing more in this conflict than the attacks from hamas means, what do you expect them to do? Sit back and invite the rockets as its statistically better for them?

Additionally it seems the muslim world (i assume your muslim mob) are up in arms about the women and children being killed in gaza, but it doesnt appear anyone gives a rats ass about syria, iran, egypt in the past or the atrocities being commited by boko haram in nigeria? Is muslim on muslim crime acceptable? How many women and children have been killed in these countries? Im yet to see protests about innocent children being kidnapped and forgotten in nigeria, that loony tune in iran sweeping the land and killing everyone?

As per the above, this is an age old conflict - and i doubt you and i will see an end to it in our lifetimes.
      07-27-2014, 03:39 AM   #4
gaza01
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 335i

I think its shocking, totally inhumane and ever so sad!
gaza01 is offline   United Kingdom
      07-27-2014, 03:53 AM   #5
AWBimmer
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
I think its shocking, totally inhumane and ever so sad!
+1
      07-27-2014, 04:22 AM   #6
Kassim786
Lieutenant

Drives: Bmw 320d (E93) M-sport

+2
      07-27-2014, 05:40 AM   #7
jammy78
Major

Drives: E92 330D M Sport

Unfortunately this will never be over until one side gives in.....

Ps be careful what you write - as it's an easy way to get banned from a forum!
jammy78 is offline   United Kingdom
      07-27-2014, 06:21 AM   #8
old grey steve
335i E Maps Re Map, VRSF Catless DownPipes & More.

Drives: 335i SE

I really struggle with this, this sort of stuffs been going on for so long out there that long after I'm gone it'll be still going on IMO.

The escalation in violence has grabbed the headlines of course Israel military might v Hamas determination means this sad state of affairs ceasefire or not will be in/out the headlines for many years to come.

Very sad state of affairs
      07-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
acerboo
Brigadier General

Drives: e92 335d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post

Who else out there thinks its crazy and illegal whats happening there? Israeli army bombing hospitals, schools, beaches and killing women and children.

The IDF (Israel Defence Force) say they warned the Palestinians, but where are they supposed to go??? There's a huge wall one side and the sea the other. Are they supposed to all make a boat and hit the seas?

The IDF say they have the right to defend its citizens from rocket attacks, and i totally agree with them. They have huge amounts of investment from the US and have an amazing drone defense system which is very effective. The bumber of IDF soldiers killed in this operation is more than the number of Israelies killed by the attacks!

Please take the time to read this article by John Prescott: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...YsjEOl.twitter

Imagine if any other country got invaded by a certain ethnic group, their land being stolen, the original citizens being trapped in tiny areas physically, economic blockades so they all get into poverty, then when the people try to fight back they are brutally punished. The whole world would be up in arms to stop these people, dare i say it, terrorists?

The obvious answer is the special relationship the US has with Israel. I find it pretty ironic that on one hand the US is fighting this "War on Terror", and on the other its funding this massacre.

Also i would like to make clear there are a lot of Jews out there who oppose their Government actions. They set up groups and they hate what is happening. But coverage of these groups is kept to a minimum, you can probably guess why.

This is one of those Jewish groups. Have a read of the link which is their response to IDF attacks: http://www.truetorahjews.org/qanda/gaza1 Its really suprising to read views of jews, rabbis etc. The world would have you think that 100% of Jews support Israel!
what makes me laugh is the israelies are still hunting Nazi war criminals perhaps they should look closer to home?
acerboo is offline   England
      07-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #10
omaragha
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i DCT E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post

what makes me laugh is the israelies are still hunting Nazi war criminals perhaps they should look closer to home?
You'd think a race of people who know what it's like to be suppressed and murdered, would think twice to handing it out themselves !!
omaragha is offline   United Kingdom
      07-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #11
imygaf
Private First Class

Drives: e92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused.com View Post
The killing of innocent people is sad to see, but in my view this is part of the game Hamas are playing. They are inviting destruction to densely populated areas in attempt to capture a world wide audience to condemn Israel - seems to be going well so far. I can't see any other reason why they are storing destructive arms in schools and the like, and why they are even starting with Israel given their mite, yes i believe they always seem to instigate things.

Not sure what your comment about the idf losing more in this conflict than the attacks from hamas means, what do you expect them to do? Sit back and invite the rockets as its statistically better for them?

Additionally it seems the muslim world (i assume your muslim mob) are up in arms about the women and children being killed in gaza, but it doesnt appear anyone gives a rats ass about syria, iran, egypt in the past or the atrocities being commited by boko haram in nigeria? Is muslim on muslim crime acceptable? How many women and children have been killed in these countries? Im yet to see protests about innocent children being kidnapped and forgotten in nigeria, that loony tune in iran sweeping the land and killing everyone?

As per the above, this is an age old conflict - and i doubt you and i will see an end to it in our lifetimes.
Think your user name is quite fitting
      07-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
webwysard
Captain

Drives: CUPRA R

Quote:

Pretty sure you didn't bother reading the link mentioned by mob17.
webwysard is offline   United Kingdom
      07-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #13
adam246
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW E90 320d

The biggest terrorist organisation out there is the state of Israel... Need I say more!!

Oh and BBC and Sky News wake the f**p up and stop bullshitting and feeding people lies about the situation in Gaza!!

FREE PALESTINE!!!!
      07-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #14
imygaf
Private First Class

Just read the John Prescot article. At last someone speaking sense.
      07-28-2014, 05:00 AM   #15
imygaf
Private First Class

Quote:
The IDF headquarters is surrounded by block of flats, shopping centre, school and offices.

The biggest legitimate target not exactly kept away from civilian area
      07-28-2014, 05:18 AM   #16
imygaf
Private First Class

Don't believe everything you read or see on news

Interesting video
      07-28-2014, 05:23 AM   #17
IanS100
Colonel

Drives: 320d LCI M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by imygaf View Post
Don't believe everything you read or see on news
Or read on forums?!?
IanS100 is offline   United Kingdom
      07-28-2014, 05:54 AM   #18
vexith
Private First Class

Drives: E90 320D M Sport

Just realized i posted this message on another thread by mistake lol, oops. Anyways here it is:

Sad state of affairs indeed, my heart goes out to the innocent children and adults alike that have been caught up in this Hamas vs Israeli conflict.

Depending on which side you are supporting, it's hard to dismiss the fact that Israel is taking things too far with this collective punishment of the Gaza public. Most of the casualties have been innocent civilians and schools and hospitals have been destroyed. Now we must ask ourselves, how is this supposedly getting rid of these so called "terrorists" that Israel are ranting on about?

What's more is that our own David Cameroon has come out and firmly expressed support for Israel in this ongoing crisis when the evidence is there to show that this isn't a war. A war would imply that either chance has a side of winning. So far it seems like "Operation: wipe out Palestine".

I just hope peace is restored soon, it's not fair for children to be living like this. It's not fair for the innocents to wake up everyday wondering if they would survive another day.
      07-28-2014, 06:08 AM   #19
imygaf
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
Or read on forums?!?
Very true. But have to admit that news coverage seems to be more than a little bit biased. The Israeli offensive is completely indiscriminate and disproportionate. If this was any country other than Israel there would be international condemnation of the atrocities and war crimes
      07-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #20
Josh1a1h
Banned

Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

+1 Confused.com

Any news we read or hear will always be biased either way.

My heart goes out to all the children that have been injured on both sides.

This is all terrible news for both sides and the Palestinians are suffering, but the Jewish people and their image are also being destroyed.

Hamas must agree to a ceasefire otherwise they are just inviting more blood shed.

There is hopefully a way of coming to an agreement but history has shown that religion as an entire entity is a major cause of conflict anywhere and everywhere.
Josh1a1h is offline   United Kingdom
      07-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #21
makkan00
Major General

Drives: E91 330D

Quote:

I bet you do not know the origin of Hamas...

And if you think Hamas should be punished, then yes I am in agreement with it but why killing kids playing on the beach....
What justification would you give for that?
Were those kids hiding rockets in the beach sand or under the water?

And something else for you to read

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/07...inian-mothers/

I will avoid commenting on your forum name but your statement has said it enough.

Lastly, you do not have to be MUSLIM to feel for whats going on.
      07-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #22
makkan00
Major General

Drives: E91 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexith View Post

What's more is that our own David Cameroon has come out and firmly expressed support for Israel in this ongoing crisis when the evidence is there to show that this isn't a war. A war would imply that either chance has a side of winning. So far it seems like "Operation: wipe out Palestine".
Unfortunately, we (British) have lost our own identity. We are seen as a bitch of USA globally! Whatever they say, we will do without even thinking let alone questioning.