E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > How to approach neighbour....

08-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #23
makkan00
Major General

Drives: E91 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik patel
The guy has to pay some sort of excess like 250, just get him to give you 250 cash then?
Can anybody confirm if you still pay access for company car?
Thanks.
      08-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #24
Rudz
Captain

Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Thanks.
depends on what sort of a policy he has mate, there are zero excess policies too, norm is a 250 excess

how much do you reckon the repair will cost you ? explain that having a fault claim will cause him more damage than paying 300 out of pocket..
      08-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #25
DavS1
Major

Drives: Emfree

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
What a c*nt, hit's your car....doesn't come and appologise....tries to get away with it then tell's you it's going through insurance if its more than 50....which it clearly is...

I'd be telling him how it's going tobe going after that bullshit...
      08-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #26
zltm089
Major General

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Fucking twat!

should take a shit in his mouth.

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
      08-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #27
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant

Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Thanks.
My company car excess is 400.... 250 to the insurer, 150 to company for admin..... These days everyone wants an earner!!!
      08-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #28
ctunnicliffe01
Enlisted Member

Drives: Bmw 330d

problem i suppose with insurance is there insurer admitting liability first.
i was hit my a hgv one morning . driver admitted to swiping car. next letter i get is there insurer accusing me of hitting there truck lol! from there legal got involved and it came down to a 50/50 claim. there for i ended up repairing myself rather than effect insurance.(high at the time)

but at least you have pics of both vehicles to back it up. good luck mate!
ctunnicliffe01 is offline   United Kingdom
      08-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #29
doughboy
Major General

Drives: E91 335i Sold.

If his is a company car and he's being a dick, just contact a claims management company, give them the details, his reg and let them do the rest. They'll give them a right shafting, and your insurers won't even be involved.

You'll get a courtesy car, a no expense spared repair on yours and not one penny to pay, all charged back to his insurers directly, these management firms charge a % so they'll go for Broke on his ass.

F##k him.
doughboy is offline   United Kingdom
      08-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #30
makkan00
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
depends on what sort of a policy he has mate, there are zero excess policies too, norm is a 250 excess

how much do you reckon the repair will cost you ? explain that having a fault claim will cause him more damage than paying 300 out of pocket..
I cannot trust him at all as he is full of lies.
He stated that it would cost him nothing to get my car repaired through his company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavS1 View Post
What a c*nt, hit's your car....doesn't come and appologise....tries to get away with it then tell's you it's going through insurance if its more than 50....which it clearly is...

I'd be telling him how it's going tobe going after that bullshit...

I am upset by his behavior. Now he is not responding to my text.
I have a feeling that he would return the car back to company (not his company) and leave them to deal with it if I put any claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Fucking twat!

should take a shit in his mouth.
I may have to invite you to do that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnekfatboy View Post
My company car excess is 400.... 250 to the insurer, 150 to company for admin..... These days everyone wants an earner!!!
I thought so as he is full of lies. Stated that it would cost him nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctunnicliffe01 View Post
problem i suppose with insurance is there insurer admitting liability first.
i was hit my a hgv one morning . driver admitted to swiping car. next letter i get is there insurer accusing me of hitting there truck lol! from there legal got involved and it came down to a 50/50 claim. there for i ended up repairing myself rather than effect insurance.(high at the time)

but at least you have pics of both vehicles to back it up. good luck mate!
That is my concern. Photos does not tell where his car was parked and where my car was parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
If his is a company car and he's being a dick, just contact a claims management company, give them the details, his reg and let them do the rest. They'll give them a right shafting, and your insurers won't even be involved.

You'll get a courtesy car, a no expense spared repair on yours and not one penny to pay, all charged back to his insurers directly, these management firms charge a % so they'll go for Broke on his ass.

F##k him.

It is a good idea. May have to do that to get my headlight replaced as well. Why should I live with a scratched headlight because somebody is a** hole and does not care about other cars.

Problem is how to prove that it was him. He may change his statement and denies any wrong doing. He clearly tried to escape out of it but my notice (with a warning to inform police) did the job. He may not want to go down that route so he contacted me, but now no more.
      08-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #31
doughboy
Major General

Drives: E91 335i Sold.

Who gets in first is important in these cases.

A lot of insurers when faced with a relatively small claim from a claims management firm will just roll over to save costs.

Get in first, before you get a claim come in from him...
doughboy is offline   United Kingdom
      08-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #32
makkan00
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Who gets in first is important in these cases.

A lot of insurers when faced with a relatively small claim from a claims management firm will just roll over to save costs.

Get in first, before you get a claim come in from him...
Thanks.

He got back to me. I only asked for 150 to get the front bumper and was thinking of leaving the headlight as it is.

Now his solution is:

30 X 5 months: 150

Seems very pathetic.

Shall I accept it?

Thanks.
      08-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #33
Rudz
Captain

Drives: E92 335i LCI MSport

Nope

Just push the buttons a bit

Say u'll go to his insurance if he doesn't pay all at once

He has merc as a company car, £30 a month is fu***g pathetic, he is taking the piss

U need the money now to get the darn thing fixed not in 5 months
      08-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #34
ceaton88
Lieutenant

Drives: 325i E92

Garage List
E92 325i  [5.00]
No Sam get this done properly, why should he get away with this you're being lenient about this but not sure why. I do understand your situation though you just want as little grief as possible but sometimes things need putting right, & by the sounds this guy needs putting right

From what I've read if Doughboys suggestion is as good as it sounds I would follow up on that. Sorry for your misfortune lately
      08-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #35
RIDERDIE
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 07 335i SGM COUPE

If he has been this annoying and spotty so far then you can't really trust him or would want to deal with him for the next five months. If it's not too late file a claim with the police just to have it in writing, also try and print your text conversations.
RIDERDIE is offline   United_States
      08-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #36
makkan00
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Nope

Just push the buttons a bit

Say u'll go to his insurance if he doesn't pay all at once

He has merc as a company car, £30 a month is fu***g pathetic, he is taking the piss

U need the money now to get the darn thing fixed not in 5 months
Rudz
He is sale reps and usually drive 118D. He has been involved in accident recently and his car is in garage for repair.
So Merc was given as a replacement car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88 View Post
No Sam get this done properly, why should he get away with this you're being lenient about this but not sure why. I do understand your situation though you just want as little grief as possible but sometimes things need putting right, & by the sounds this guy needs putting right

From what I've read if Doughboys suggestion is as good as it sounds I would follow up on that. Sorry for your misfortune lately
I do not like troubles mate.
I do not trust the guy at all! He left no notice and once he took the responsibility, he has been .....

My only concern is that if I take it down the claim companies;
1- I will still have to declare it for next 5 years which means additional premium.
2- Since it was a replacement car, and he may just raise his hand by saying that he never did that.
3- He already stated that he would not mention those scuff (on his bumper) when he returns the car. He said that it had some minor scuff when he was given the car and he can get away with additional scratches.

So all these things are worrying and I was thinking of settling it with him and get it done by somebody who I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDERDIE View Post
If he has been this annoying and spotty so far then you can't really trust him or would want to deal with him for the next five months. If it's not too late file a claim with the police just to have it in writing, also try and print your text conversations.

That is a good idea. I have those text messages but not sure if they are legally valid.
      08-05-2014, 03:24 AM   #37
dobbo99
Captain

Drives: e46 M3

Makkan I think this guy is pulling your leg. Your being too nice.
So hes damaged your car, admitted it was him by offering to pay towards the cost of repair - what more would anyone need to see that is an admission of total guilt?
Ive been through similar and lost out, having to stump up the lot myself as I thought the guy was genuine and would contact me.

150 sounds a punitive amount to me, for the cost of rectifying the damage that has been caused. Its at least 250 for a respray on a bumper.
If Id hit someone in a car park and they said they wanted to settle it all in cash, Id be laughing all the way to the cash point to get it out there and then.
No doubt he'll pay you the first month, and then you'll be chasing for ever more.

I say demand your figure in full by Friday of this week, so the 8th. After that call a claims management company as doughboy suggests and teach this fool a proper lesson.

Also if this Merc is a hire/lease car, then somewhere on the car will be details of who owns its/where its from (the number plate should have contact details on it) ring them direct and tell them one of their cars has hit you.
Scumbag cant get out of that one then.

If it were the other way round, you know full well that this guy would have already gone to his insurer, told them a massively exaggerated story and you'd already have your head in your hands calculating your next years premium. He wouldnt give a toss about your excess!!!
      08-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #38
AWebster
Private First Class

Drives: E92 320d M Sport

£30 a month for 5 months? This guy sounds like a complete bell end.

Best of luck getting it sorted, as for the affecting your insurance - I don't think it will make much difference to be honest. I looked recently if I had a claim or any points and the difference was ~£30 ?
      08-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #39
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant

Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

Makkan,

I am not sure if you have had much experience of hiring/courtesy cars I have and I can assure you when he takes that car back, they will go over it big time. When you collect these cars they are just handed over with a smile and sign here please sir, when you take it back it is a whole new ball game.

There is no way he will get away with damage on that car end of story.

My misses is a technical underwriter in fleet insurance, I spoke to her last night about your situation, she said, if you have a non fault claim and all losses are recovered by your insurer then that will not effect your premium going forward, there may be reasons that your premium goes up in the future a bit like the way interest rates fluctuate, say for example next month 20 cars get broken into in your area that will increase the loadings applied to people in that area, there are so many factors that are taken into account.

Do you have protected no claims? and also do you have a decent level of legal cover, if so I would put in your claim and unless you get the result you want just refuse everything and tell them you want to take it to court, I know this might be hassle for you, but why should you be left out of pocket through no fault of your own.

As others have said this guy is giving you the run around mate..

Insurance companies are just like us, they re-insure most of the perks they give us, like legal cover, windscreen... Etc Not many are willing to risk there cost for this sort of thing over what is probably a 500 claim, to take it to court will cost thousands.
      08-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #40
makkan00
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo99 View Post
Makkan I think this guy is pulling your leg. Your being too nice.
So hes damaged your car, admitted it was him by offering to pay towards the cost of repair - what more would anyone need to see that is an admission of total guilt?
Ive been through similar and lost out, having to stump up the lot myself as I thought the guy was genuine and would contact me.

150 sounds a punitive amount to me, for the cost of rectifying the damage that has been caused. Its at least 250 for a respray on a bumper.
If Id hit someone in a car park and they said they wanted to settle it all in cash, Id be laughing all the way to the cash point to get it out there and then.
No doubt he'll pay you the first month, and then you'll be chasing for ever more.

I say demand your figure in full by Friday of this week, so the 8th. After that call a claims management company as doughboy suggests and teach this fool a proper lesson.

Also if this Merc is a hire/lease car, then somewhere on the car will be details of who owns its/where its from (the number plate should have contact details on it) ring them direct and tell them one of their cars has hit you.
Scumbag cant get out of that one then.

If it were the other way round, you know full well that this guy would have already gone to his insurer, told them a massively exaggerated story and you'd already have your head in your hands calculating your next years premium. He wouldnt give a toss about your excess!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWebster View Post
£30 a month for 5 months? This guy sounds like a complete bell end.

Best of luck getting it sorted, as for the affecting your insurance - I don't think it will make much difference to be honest. I looked recently if I had a claim or any points and the difference was ~£30 ?

Thanks guys. I am seriously thinking of taking it down the claim management company so my insurance company does not get involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnekfatboy View Post
Makkan,

I am not sure if you have had much experience of hiring/courtesy cars I have and I can assure you when he takes that car back, they will go over it big time. When you collect these cars they are just handed over with a smile and sign here please sir, when you take it back it is a whole new ball game.

There is no way he will get away with damage on that car end of story.

My misses is a technical underwriter in fleet insurance, I spoke to her last night about your situation, she said, if you have a non fault claim and all losses are recovered by your insurer then that will not effect your premium going forward, there may be reasons that your premium goes up in the future a bit like the way interest rates fluctuate, say for example next month 20 cars get broken into in your area that will increase the loadings applied to people in that area, there are so many factors that are taken into account.

Do you have protected no claims? and also do you have a decent level of legal cover, if so I would put in your claim and unless you get the result you want just refuse everything and tell them you want to take it to court, I know this might be hassle for you, but why should you be left out of pocket through no fault of your own.

As others have said this guy is giving you the run around mate..

Insurance companies are just like us, they re-insure most of the perks they give us, like legal cover, windscreen... Etc Not many are willing to risk there cost for this sort of thing over what is probably a 500 claim, to take it to court will cost thousands.

Very kind of you asking your other half mate.

My NCB is defo protected but I did not take the comprehensive legal cover.

They guy agreed to pay 50 these days, 50 at the end of August and 50 in September. He is happy to shift the amount on a given date on 26th of each month.

So that makes it 50 on the spot and 50X2 (one at the end of this month and one next month).

I am still gently pursuing him to pay full amount in one go.

I know it may not effect my premium much but lets say if it increase my premium to 50 / annum, then we are talking about 50X 5 (next 5 years) = 250.

And as mentioned, I already have one no fault claim on my insurance which is increasing my premium for last 2 years.
      08-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #41
jammy78
Major

Drives: E92 330D M Sport

Just go through the insurance route & let them deal with it.

With regards to insurance premiums, I had a non fault scuff on my bumper - renewal came around & my premium decreased!
jammy78 is online now   United Kingdom
      08-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #42
Icekube
Lieutenant

Drives: E91 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
Just go through the insurance route & let them deal with it.

With regards to insurance premiums, I had a non fault scuff on my bumper - renewal came around & my premium decreased!
it will go 50/50 if he goes for the insurance route.
Icekube is offline   United Kingdom
      08-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #43
jammy78
Major

Drives: E92 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icekube View Post
it will go 50/50 if he goes for the insurance route.
Why would it? His car was parked.... neighbour has damage on his vehicle!

There is no way it'll go 50/50
jammy78 is online now   United Kingdom
      08-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #44
Yoro35i
TROll

Drives: E92 335I M

Sam, not all accident will increase your premium. If you actually search around at the time or renewal, some will offer u less than what you paid for. Uncle had 2 accidents ( not his fault) within 2 years abd every year his insurance goes down.

If you're going to loose out , i would rather claim his insurance and get the car sorted out properly. Yes you mighy increase your premium, well , he will be fcuk too!

Also hire car or courtesy car usuallyy comes with a 500-1000 excess.
Yoro35i is offline   United Kingdom