E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Reset your Oil count down after oil change on (e46 and up) SIA IV system



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-27-2007, 01:14 AM   #1
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
LACA335i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

Posts: 1,517
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Reset your Oil count down after oil change on (e46 and up) SIA IV system

Here is helpful information for people who want to change your oil at home and reset the oil countdown. This procedure work with E46 and up. It might work on e90 335i and e92. Im not really sure how the new 335i reset oil count down work. Since it is using the fob. im prety sure it work the same way as the e46 model. i will mess around with it..

Procedure: on e46 (manual reset mode) on 2001 vehicle onward without the diagnostic connector in the engine compartment.

1. ignition key must be "off"
2 Press and hold the odmeter button in the instrument cluster (left button) and turn ignition key to the first position (KLR)
3 Keep the button pressed for about 5 to 6 seconds until one of the following word appears in the display "oil service" or inspection' with "reset"
4 release the reset buttom and press and hold it again until "reset" begin to flash.
5 while the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval. After the display has shown the new interval. th following appears "end sia"


NOTE: The system can only be reset again after 10 liters (2.5 gal of fuel have been consumed)


Any BMW dealership technician wanna confirm this.. ???
__________________
LACA335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
e92phreak
General
 
e92phreak's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA

Posts: 21,745
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [4.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Thanks for the info... was just going to reset my E46 but forgot the instructions LOL...
__________________
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
e92phreak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 03:38 AM   #3
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
LACA335i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

Posts: 1,517
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92phreak View Post
Thanks for the info... was just going to reset my E46 but forgot the instructions LOL...
you r welcome
__________________

Last edited by LACA335i; 12-27-2007 at 04:20 AM.
LACA335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 03:44 AM   #4
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

The dealer wanted to charge me $68 for this simple DIY..........

I hope it works............

THANKS!!!!
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 03:58 AM   #5
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
LACA335i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

Posts: 1,517
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
The dealer wanted to charge me $68 for this simple DIY..........

I hope it works............

THANKS!!!!
it should work.. let me know ... for reseting the oil service light on by manually.. I got it from a BMW step trainning programed cd. im part of the BMW program
__________________

Last edited by LACA335i; 12-27-2007 at 04:20 AM.
LACA335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 04:40 AM   #6
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
LACA335i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

Posts: 1,517
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
The dealer wanted to charge me $68 for this simple DIY..........

I hope it works............

THANKS!!!!
which dealership did u call or go to? i think their labor cost is around 120 per hour. There are couple way to reset the oil service light. One of them is by factory oem scan tools it only take them like 5 mins to reset it for ya.
__________________
LACA335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
which dealership did u call or go to? i think their labor cost is around 120 per hour. There are couple way to reset the oil service light. One of them is by factory oem scan tools it only take them like 5 mins to reset it for ya.
BMW of Riverside.....just got my 2nd free oil change last week at 40k miles.
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #8
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i mt
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (0)

Why would you want to reset the oil life counter? You're just screwing yourself out of free oil changes.
__________________
2006 325i - Sparkling Graphite
2000 S2000 - New Formula Red
2007 Chev Silverado crew cab Z71
Jaws is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #9
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Why would you want to reset the oil life counter? You're just screwing yourself out of free oil changes.
I need to do it after my warranty expires.........
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #10
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
LACA335i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

Posts: 1,517
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
BMW of Riverside.....just got my 2nd free oil change last week at 40k miles.
so you got about 10K mile to go until your warranty is expire.
__________________
LACA335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #11
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
so you got about 10K mile to go until your warranty is expire.
yep........and i'm not even going to worry about reseting the counter until it reads negative.....
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2007, 12:46 AM   #12
jon@themshop
Captain
 
jon@themshop's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles/Eagle Rock, CA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
it should work.. let me know ... for reseting the oil service light on by manually.. I got it from a BMW step trainning programed cd. im part of the BMW program
The E90 systems do NOT use SIA IV. It's a new system called CBS which stands for Condition Based Service.

Just because the procedure you posted works for the E46 doesn't always mean it'll work on the newer BMW's like the E90.

Instructions to reset service operations can be found on the E90 Driver Information Systems on page 65.

What "part" of the BMW program are you talking about?
jon@themshop is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #13
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
LACA335i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

Posts: 1,517
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@themshop View Post
The E90 systems do NOT use SIA IV. It's a new system called CBS which stands for Condition Based Service.

Just because the procedure you posted works for the E46 doesn't always mean it'll work on the newer BMW's like the E90.

Instructions to reset service operations can be found on the E90 Driver Information Systems on page 65.

What "part" of the BMW program are you talking about?
BY the way, thank for comfirm it.


Im not sure about e90 car because they might have new system. i know for sure it will work on e46 from 2001 and newer model. i also state "It might work on e90 335i and e92. Im not really sure how the new 335i reset oil count down work. Since it is using the fob. im prety sure it work the same way as the e46 model. i will mess around with it.. "


Im going throught the BMW Fasttrack PRogram that offer for UTI graduated student by the BMW Manufactory. After completion of the 12 weeks course you will get 7 BMW Specific Certification... Majority of the tech at bmw dealership either already have experience for many years or graduated from Either Step or Fasttrack program trained by BMW
__________________
LACA335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2007, 01:32 AM   #14
jon@themshop
Captain
 
jon@themshop's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles/Eagle Rock, CA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
BY the way, thank for comfirm it.


Im not sure about e90 car because they might have new system. i know for sure it will work on e46 from 2001 and newer model. i also state "It might work on e90 335i and e92. Im not really sure how the new 335i reset oil count down work. Since it is using the fob. im prety sure it work the same way as the e46 model. i will mess around with it.. "


Im going throught the BMW Fasttrack PRogram that offer for UTI graduated student by the BMW Manufactory. After completion of the 12 weeks course you will get 7 BMW Specific Certification... Majority of the tech at bmw dealership either already have experience for many years or graduated from Either Step or Fasttrack program trained by BMW
So are you a UTI graduate?
jon@themshop is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2007, 02:01 AM   #15
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
LACA335i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

Posts: 1,517
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@themshop View Post
So are you a UTI graduate?
yes sir. i believe i meet you once long time ago..
__________________
LACA335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST