E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Attention Bavdom



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #89
BavDom
 
BavDom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (6)

Hello, ok, I'm responding.

It's very hard to respond everything that has been said, because a LOT has been said.

TBH I understand where a lot of you are coming from. At the same time, most just post to post, this is, after all, a forum.

Yesterday I received a PM from Purplewidow, wishing a phonecall, and he got it. We talked for about an hour and I explained him all the situation. I will try to write down what I told him yesterday. Here it goes.

I myself am like you guys, I joined BavDom to work in a place that was closely tied to my hobbies. I know more than most what it is to wait for a product you want at your doorstep as soon as you buy it.

It is no secret that the production of this intake has been delayed for a timeline larger that what was thought out. I would like to clarify again for everyone that this is due to the fact that out of 87 or so people that signed up for the intake, only 14 stayed. Now, because of this DRASTIC drop in number, we were NOT going to go thru with the intake. However, because most of you PMed us begging us to, we did it for you. At the beginning we searched methods in which we could lower the cost of production. Initially we were going to produce 4-6 moulds of each component so that production would be as quick as possible. Because we now counted with only 16% of the original number of units to be produced, we decided to produce only ONE mould of each component. We started creating the mould, this process takes about 1-2 months depending on how much we have to tweak it, especially because we had to cut cost, and the extra time was necessary so that the mould is perfect. During this time, most of the people already started to get riled up. Moving on, once the mould has been completed, it takes about 4-5 hours to complete a single component of the intake. This means that because we only have one mould, we can only produce ONE of FOUR pieces of ONE intake system per day.

When December approached, I knew that my boss was going to close BavDom for the season, so I did what I could to speed production, put the intakes at the top of the list. I was unsuccessful to do so, and by the time BavDom closed, we had only barely finished the first part of four for all the intakes. Since then, bavdom has been closed. I've tried to keep myself posted as much as I can, even though people ask for updates and where we are, knowing that BavDom has been closed and nothing has progressed since seasonal closing in December.

I have really tried my best to keep everyone as updated as I can, it would help a little if people would PM, or read the thread before asking questions that have been answered. I say this in the most humble way.

I know for a fact that a lot of money has been lost into this product from the company, however, it will be produced and everyone WILL get it.

I know you have all had patience to the point of exhaustion, but so have we. We have to pay for the broken dishes of the almost 70 that dropped out. And I understand that now, I am doing my best to keep you up to date with any info that is available to me.

As soon as BavDom opens again we will commence at full steam to produce the second component of the intakes, as quickly as possible, without sacrificing any quality.

In the end, when those who remain receive their intakes, they will be happy with the final product, because it will be a heck of a product.

And for those who PM me asking for a refund, please please know that it is not my intention to piss you off, but we posted on the GB thread that NO refunds would be issued when production started, and if you agree or disagree with that rule, if you love it or hate it, you signed up knowing of it. So please let us keep doing our part, so that you can enjoy our product.


If there are any more questions that need answering, please PM me. Thank you.
BavDom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #90
BavDom
 
BavDom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatr1s View Post
No wonder he was able to go for 2 weeks vacation...lol
Trust me, the amount of money that the company has put into the production vs. the 14*400 that we received would put as at a BIG negative.
BavDom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #91
fedinand
Major
 
fedinand's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN

Posts: 1,271
iTrader: (6)

Why are the group buy threads still closed?
fedinand is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #92
BavDom
 
BavDom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
Why are the group buy threads still closed?
we have so many claims from the GB people that paypal has locked it's services until we send proof that we are indeed manufacturing the products, we send and send, but they ask for more. We pay the admins through paypal, so it's like a vicious cycle. We are doing our best to resolve it.
BavDom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #93
XLR8MF
Captain
 
XLR8MF's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i sedan 2008
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mesa

Posts: 631
iTrader: (6)

I personally am thankful that you finally communicated some actual information as to why it has taken so long. People are naturally scarred of the unknown. So, you responding and explaining the details makes a huge difference in my ability to wait. Again I want this ASAP but I am happy to here that you are not sacrificing quality. Hopefully we can post individual dynos and pics on the forum so others will see what a great product it is and you can sell some more.
XLR8MF is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #94
ulises 335i
these cars waste alot of fucking gas
 
ulises 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i montego blue
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: el monte, c.a.

Posts: 992
iTrader: (3)

when will the shop open up again???

when will u post the pics of the pieces that are completed ???

When will u post the individual dyno of just the intake vs stock???

When do u estimate the intakes will be in our hands???

These are some questions I've been asking since the gb started , please respond
__________________
e90 335i sport- (with following mods) sstt, afe intake, custom zoomers exhaust , dimisa 4" tips, m6 reps , painted oem front splitter, carbon fiber grill.
ulises 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #95
ScheerSpeed
Major General
 
ScheerSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 5,770
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to ScheerSpeed Send a message via MSN to ScheerSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Could this be him...

its too cold down here for the beach right now! (its like 60 but thats FREEZING for us floridians)
ScheerSpeed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #96
normtrum
Colonel
 
normtrum's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PNW

Posts: 2,227
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8MF View Post
I personally am thankful that you finally communicated some actual information as to why it has taken so long. People are naturally scarred of the unknown. So, you responding and explaining the details makes a huge difference in my ability to wait. Again I want this ASAP but I am happy to here that you are not sacrificing quality. Hopefully we can post individual dynos and pics on the forum so others will see what a great product it is and you can sell some more.
That's actually a pretty classy post imo I sincerely hope things work out for you, and the others on this group buy.
__________________
07 335i sedan | Steptronic | Black saphire | Terra | ZPP | ZSP | Cold Weather | CA | PDC | Nav | OEM Alarm
normtrum is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #97
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Red thing
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 4,041
iTrader: (9)

i just have one question. will the 328 intake ever be made ? I really wanted that
Andrew@ET is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #98
XLR8MF
Captain
 
XLR8MF's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i sedan 2008
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mesa

Posts: 631
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulises 335i View Post
when will the shop open up again???

when will u post the pics of the pieces that are completed ???

When will u post the individual dyno of just the intake vs stock???

When do u estimate the intakes will be in our hands???

These are some questions I've been asking since the gb started , please respond
These are questions that all of the GB people want to know, not just a few.
So, these questions should be answered in any normal customer environment but considering what we have been through and the patience we are extending I think it is time to answer these questions once and for all. What Ulises 335i was asking a long time ago is very reasonable and considering the present time it would be a slap in the face to not answer them now. Bav we are on your side but you have to help us too. thanks
XLR8MF is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #99
BavDom
 
BavDom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8MF View Post
These are questions that all of the GB people want to know, not just a few.
So, these questions should be answered in any normal customer environment but considering what we have been through and the patience we are extending I think it is time to answer these questions once and for all. What Ulises 335i was asking a long time ago is very reasonable and considering the present time it would be a slap in the face to not answer them now. Bav we are on your side but you have to help us too. thanks
I appreciate the change in direction of most of you, just so I dont get the ol' you answered some and not all, I will call my boss today and tell him that he needs to be here NOW, and that I need the answers to those questions ASAP, tomorrow, even though it is the Sabbath, I will post whatever answers I got. I hope that is ok
BavDom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #100
BBT335I
Private
 
BBT335I's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: west palm

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

thats a pretty long vacation!
__________________
//BLACK LINES/M6 REPS/20%TINT/
BBT335I is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 03:24 AM   #101
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Red thing
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 4,041
iTrader: (9)

is the 328 intake killed?
Andrew@ET is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #102
scottp999
Brigadier General
 
scottp999's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

Posts: 4,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamibusta69 View Post
i just have one question. will the 328 intake ever be made ? I really wanted that
Good luck with that. Bav is over on the 1addicts froum talking about doing a 135 intake.
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
scottp999 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #103
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 8,815
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Good luck with that. Bav is over on the 1addicts froum talking about doing a 135 intake.
Wow, talk about honest business here. They promised me a reply in "a couple days" re: my cracked CF trim, but it has been "a couple weeks" since our last communication and no reply from Bavdom.......
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Kev is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #104
wj4
Major General
 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

Posts: 7,723
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Wow, talk about honest business here. They promised me a reply in "a couple days" re: my cracked CF trim, but it has been "a couple weeks" since our last communication and no reply from Bavdom.......
What happened with the trim?
wj4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #105
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
 
purplewidow's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,928
iTrader: (2)

yeah listen he called me personally talked to me for about 40 mins... we all make mistakes on lead times..honestly they stated this was going to be a journey and we are looking at a 6-8 week time frame cause it takes 4-5 hours to make one pice..and if that piece fails they lost a whole day just making one piece... it's tough...but they also shut down and he said that for the holidays..they have come through before but since it is only 14 people it is super tough compared to 86 they had in the begininng..assuming 20 will lleave that leaves 66...then only 14 decided to go for the ride... i am extremely confident we will have these by spring...i would not worry or check the thread everyday but maybe once a week.... this IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! we all just need to keep being patient and be pissed not at bav but the all the other members that bitched out!!!! we would have had them by now if that was the case...working with 4 mold of each part is better than 1... and we are working with 1 now...

he stated in the beginning no refunds would be given b/c they have so little now..not 86 members... cost for doing this is HUGE for them and they are banking on the product doing so well they will sell a lot more after we 14 get them... but things take time..layering the carbon fiber properly waiting for the resin to set.. everything takes time like i said 4-6 hours for 1 part... i have a lot of confidence in them.. they have come through before and are doing so now with other products... it is not bav's fault his boss isn't viewing this as a super high priority until now... we only have 14 people... what do you expect!!! so many dropped out we are super lucky they even decided to still go ahead with it!!!!

please people stop giving bav a hard time!!!

He is busting his balls for us.. it is not his fault the owner doesn't want anyone in the shop while he is gone.. he is a picky boss.. and it is his company not bav's... bav is our lucky middle man!!!!

be nice and respect ful he is busting his tail for us and after he properly explained everything to me everything made sense and i could see this was not his fault

during the crap that went on in the intake thread Bav was in south america at an airport for 6 days!!!! waiting to get back to america!!! give him a break!!! the thing that sucks is how the owner won't let anyone work while he is out!!! and like i said that is NOT bav's fault!!! he is trying hard for us!!! if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have this intake being produced in the first place!!! just be a little patient like we all have and in a couple months or less all will be AWESOME!!!!!
purplewidow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #106
XLR8MF
Captain
 
XLR8MF's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i sedan 2008
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mesa

Posts: 631
iTrader: (6)

SPRING! Despite all that was said your company mentioned a "tentative" time frame of near new years. It was me who convined bav to give this time frame. He was very hesitant to give it because he nows how eager we get.
In addition, I told him that we would not hold him to a specific day and we were only asking for a rough estimate in time. I also do not want to leave out the FACT that the time frame you gave was after the understanding that people had backed out. Simply put, SPRING is a little more than off from the holiday schedule. Honestly, I guess we are screwed because you will not refund our money because "people have backed out." Which infers you would give a refund if there were more poeple. Translation= our money is more important than our customers. You should have the same policy regardless of the amount of clients. However, if you mentioned this before the GB then it is my fault I missed it. I certainly would have never purchased it if it was going to take till Spring! I almost certainly will never buy from your company again. This whole situation is sickening. And by the way, in America, people need to take responsibility for there own actions, ie) me with not reading the refund policy). Stop blaming other members of this forum for not going through the GB. It isn't their responsibility to produce this product in a reasonable time frame. It's yours. Let me know when it is finished and I will send you the rest of the money. Simply ridiculous.
XLR8MF is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #107
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 8,815
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
What happened with the trim?
There is a hair line crack on the driver side front vent trim. I asked them if I could get a replacement but no reply from them.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Kev is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #108
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 8,815
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
yeah listen he called me personally talked to me for about 40 mins... we all make mistakes on lead times..honestly they stated this was going to be a journey and we are looking at a 6-8 week time frame cause it takes 4-5 hours to make one pice..and if that piece fails they lost a whole day just making one piece... it's tough...but they also shut down and he said that for the holidays..they have come through before but since it is only 14 people it is super tough compared to 86 they had in the begininng..assuming 20 will lleave that leaves 66...then only 14 decided to go for the ride... i am extremely confident we will have these by spring...i would not worry or check the thread everyday but maybe once a week.... this IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! we all just need to keep being patient and be pissed not at bav but the all the other members that bitched out!!!! we would have had them by now if that was the case...working with 4 mold of each part is better than 1... and we are working with 1 now...

he stated in the beginning no refunds would be given b/c they have so little now..not 86 members... cost for doing this is HUGE for them and they are banking on the product doing so well they will sell a lot more after we 14 get them... but things take time..layering the carbon fiber properly waiting for the resin to set.. everything takes time like i said 4-6 hours for 1 part... i have a lot of confidence in them.. they have come through before and are doing so now with other products... it is not bav's fault his boss isn't viewing this as a super high priority until now... we only have 14 people... what do you expect!!! so many dropped out we are super lucky they even decided to still go ahead with it!!!!

please people stop giving bav a hard time!!!

He is busting his balls for us.. it is not his fault the owner doesn't want anyone in the shop while he is gone.. he is a picky boss.. and it is his company not bav's... bav is our lucky middle man!!!!

be nice and respect ful he is busting his tail for us and after he properly explained everything to me everything made sense and i could see this was not his fault

during the crap that went on in the intake thread Bav was in south america at an airport for 6 days!!!! waiting to get back to america!!! give him a break!!! the thing that sucks is how the owner won't let anyone work while he is out!!! and like i said that is NOT bav's fault!!! he is trying hard for us!!! if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have this intake being produced in the first place!!! just be a little patient like we all have and in a couple months or less all will be AWESOME!!!!!
If you read my posts on the CF trim GB, I have defended BavDom for a long time. However, it has gotten to a point where they failed to deliver the products and were unable to provide an honest update for us repeatedly. In my books, I have completely lost faith in them. At least I'm only 400 out this time, unlike a previous purchase on a MBZ forum where my wife lost over 3K......
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Kev is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #109
robbie211
Captain
 
Drives: E90 335i, E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: OC

Posts: 810
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Wow, talk about honest business here. They promised me a reply in "a couple days" re: my cracked CF trim, but it has been "a couple weeks" since our last communication and no reply from Bavdom.......
WOW I'm in a similar situation. Its been just about 2 months and still haven't received my trim due to a piece that was cracked in the packing process.....
robbie211 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #110
NPDAN
Colonel
 
NPDAN's Avatar
 
Drives: AW DCT M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 2,570
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to NPDAN
Im still out.... Sorry bav.... Cant do it.
__________________
NPDAN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST