E90Post

MINHS Automotive

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Arc Audio

03-23-2015, 01:51 AM   #1
martinblair
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Touring

Arc Audio / Canada

Naive question, but I'm curious what people think. I was looking into Arc amps, as I wanted a coupe of 4 channel amps to replace my 600/6. Arc doesn't ship to Canada, and I'm still waiting to hear back from their one and only distributor in Canada (out east) as to where I might actually be able to buy them. I started looking around online, and there are a number of their amps available on eBay, from sellers like Wooferetc. I don't want to get into the gray market thing, but where could they possibly get these amps to sell? Could they actually be fakes? With a company like Arc who definitely does not have them as a distributor, I don't understand how they get these amps to sell to the general public, at a discounted rate no less. I'm tempted to buy one from them, not to save a couple $, but because I can't buy one anywhere else it seems. Any input?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage ->M6

Garage List
WoofersEtc is a legit seller. They are a audio superstore & have their own site - you must have just come across some of their eBay auctions.

http://www.woofersetc.com/

I have bought from them many times over the years for all my cars (including my BMW), good prices, quick shipping, never a problem...

Here are there Return/Exchange/Warranty Policies:

> Brand new, products can be returned within 30 days of order invoice date. These products must be returned in 100% brand new condition, unopened, unused, with no blemishes or signs of installation, complete with all original parts and accessories. Shipping costs are non-refundable, and a 15% restocking fee will apply. In some cases, the restocking fee can be waived if the value of the returned products is used as an in-store credit. In the event that a customer refuses delivery of a package, a return shipping charge will be made by the shipping carrier. This charge will be deducted from the customer's credit.

> Each and every product for sale on WoofersEtc.com is covered under a full 1 Year Warranty (unless otherwise stated on the product page) and can be returned for a period of 1 year for warranty service. If you have purchased a product from us within 1 year of the order invoice date and it is failing to perform as intended by its manufacturer, please contact us.
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 03-23-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 06:07 AM   #3
bmw325i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I don't think they are an authorized dealer, but that being said they are a "legit" seller meaning that the item is the real thing. There is most likely no manufacturer warranty but woofers etc is most likely offering a warranty of their own. Not sure exactly how unauthorized dealers get their inventory.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
AntBox
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

I believe unauthorized dealers usually get their stock from other places that couldn't sell them or when it's the previous model year. That being said, arc audio stuff is awesome.
Appreciate 0