E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > No GPS available on CIC service menu

11-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
lovnblack
Rep
Drives: F33 435i

No GPS available on CIC service menu

After I completed CIC & Combox retrofit and coding. I could not receive GPS signal, I changed antenna place, changed antenna with a new one, measure voltage of antenna and finally enter the CIC service menu yesterday. When I first checked, on the GPS status menu it written "no fix" firstly, I droven car for an hour and it showed me 15-20km far away from my real location. I attached 3 pics, these are the screenshots of ; gps status, gps tracking and gps version. All of them empty, still no satellite and no signal. Im sure its not about coding, but Im also sure about antenna is OK, what's your suggestions guys?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

This is coding section and not navigation section.
I'll give you a hint...work on gps antenna location.
      11-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
lovnblack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
This is coding section and not navigation section.
I'll give you a hint...work on gps antenna location.

Hi Makkan, firstly sorry about wrong section for this thread...and thanx for hint, but let me tell what I tried about location, firstly I put the antenna under the center speaker grille, and later I tried (antenna still there) on dashboard, near the windshield, but it still does not get signal. But ok, if you that "no gps available" warning is not mean -about coding- then I will try to change the location antenna, thanx
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 03:08 AM   #4
lovnblack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnblack View Post
Hi Makkan, firstly sorry about wrong section for this thread...and thanx for hint, but let me tell what I tried about location, firstly I put the antenna under the center speaker grille, and later I tried (antenna still there) on dashboard, near the windshield, but it still does not get signal. But ok, if you that "no gps available" warning is not mean -about coding- then I will try to change the location antenna, thanx
Yesterday I put the antenna at the roof (outside-for test) and get the satellite. Cause of I dont want to drill a hole on my roof, I thought to find a original BMW antenna (X5) and put it again on dashboard, but could not get signal again. When I check my windshield, I noticed that I got athermic windshield. Where can I put my antenna except windshield? Im thinking to use a long cable and put the antenna to the rear window (inside to car), fornt of the rear window will be fine for gps signal?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
lovnblack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnblack View Post
Yesterday I put the antenna at the roof (outside-for test) and get the satellite. Cause of I dont want to drill a hole on my roof, I thought to find a original BMW antenna (X5) and put it again on dashboard, but could not get signal again. When I check my windshield, I noticed that I got athermic windshield. Where can I put my antenna except windshield? Im thinking to use a long cable and put the antenna to the rear window (inside to car), fornt of the rear window will be fine for gps signal?
Solved ! I put the aftermarket antenna at the back of the car (front of rear window) and it worked in only 1 minute, thanx for all of your help...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 07:04 AM   #6
BMW__X3
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3&F25

Hi

I have the same problems you have had. Can you please explain how you have mounted an aftermarket antenna?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0