E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > Germany



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2011, 01:32 AM   #67
Enemigo
Du bist meine schlampe!
2
Rep
243
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Near FFM, Germany (work for US Gov't)

iTrader: (4)

Anyone know what a 50k service will cost at the dealership? I have an 07 328i, thanks.
__________________
07 E90 / Comfort / Premium / Sport / iDrive / CCFL Headlights w/ HIDs / Aftrmkt Reverse Camera / Monaco painted Grille / 18" M3 Wheels/ M3 Lip Spoiler (coming)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #68
haitz16
Second Lieutenant
haitz16's Avatar
4
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: 07' 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester, New York

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I'm here in Heidelberg.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #69
Barny
Private First Class
Barny's Avatar
1
Rep
144
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: K-town, Germany currently

iTrader: (0)

New here, just got my new bimmer in K-town
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #70
haitz16
Second Lieutenant
haitz16's Avatar
4
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: 07' 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester, New York

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Heidelberg
__________________
E92 07 335i-
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #71
Enemigo
Du bist meine schlampe!
2
Rep
243
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Near FFM, Germany (work for US Gov't)

iTrader: (4)

maybe we should plan a bimmer get together sometime... anyone down?
__________________
07 E90 / Comfort / Premium / Sport / iDrive / CCFL Headlights w/ HIDs / Aftrmkt Reverse Camera / Monaco painted Grille / 18" M3 Wheels/ M3 Lip Spoiler (coming)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #72
haitz16
Second Lieutenant
haitz16's Avatar
4
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: 07' 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester, New York

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
im down
__________________
E92 07 335i-
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #73
rman_blue21
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

spangdahlem here! i'm down with a get together..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 02:24 AM   #74
jocamryn
Major
jocamryn's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,094
Posts

 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 2Fast2Furious

iTrader: (0)

Hohenfels

OT: Looking for a shop in Oberfaltz to get my rims/mirrors painted black
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 06:34 AM   #75
Mike van D
Major
Mike van D's Avatar
Germany
11
Rep
1,114
Posts

 
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Weilerbach...
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2011, 04:56 AM   #76
JacksonHandy
Clearing the Way
JacksonHandy's Avatar
Germany
1
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Grafenwohr, GE

iTrader: (2)

Graf...

Does anyone know where I can get rims repaired? Some j-a bus driver ran me off the road and I curbed my M6 reps.
__________________
Jet Black E90 335i

SCTW!

Mods? Maybe, Maybe not.....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #77
Doctor_Tattoo
Enlisted Member
Germany
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E91 320d
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post
Hohenfels

OT: Looking for a shop in Oberfaltz to get my rims/mirrors painted black

I know a place that will do your rims and probably the mirrors if you are using the same color. It's about 1.5 hours from you though.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #78
BrundenBak
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Checking in from Baumholder! But obviously in the Rammstein, Kaiserslautern area.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #79
erem
Registered
Germany
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 320d E90
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nuremberg, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Fürth/Nürnberg
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #80
RickySATX
New Member
Germany
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ramstein, Germany/Texas

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to RickySATX
I'm in the Ramstein area. Traded in my 09 128i for a '11 E90 335i. Has anyone had wheels shipped APO? If so from where and about how much was shipping?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:11 AM   #81
BrundenBak
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Two Random Germany Specific Questions:

1) I bought my car w/o the sports package. But driving on the autobahn I wouldn't mind opening it up past 130 every now and then. If I buy new tires with a higher speed rating is there somewhere I can go to bump the speed limiter from 130 to 150?

2) I want to get my car tinted and don't want to wait 2 years to get back to the states. I heard it was illegal in Germany to tint the front driver/passenger windows, but you are allowed to tint the rear passenger windows AND the rear windshield. Is that true? And does someone have a place they recommend near Ramstein? I just want the traditional black tint, nothing reflective or anything crazy.

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #82
gizmo335i
Colonel
gizmo335i's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,907
Posts

 
Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.73]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickySATX View Post
I'm in the Ramstein area. Traded in my 09 128i for a '11 E90 335i. Has anyone had wheels shipped APO? If so from where and about how much was shipping?
I had wheels/tires shipped there. It wasn't too bad...think I paid $200 total for the wheels/tires package. I know tirerack and discount tire and maybe some others really try to work with military on this...
__________________
JB4 | Vanguard/Quad burnt tips | Linea Corse | Mtech Front/rear | AFE DCI | H&R Sport + Koni yellow | Umnitza Full LED Angels | Akyrm lip/quad diffuser | Alpine CSL CF Trunklid
See Garage for more
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 04:30 AM   #83
gizmo335i
Colonel
gizmo335i's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,907
Posts

 
Drives: 08 JB E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.73]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrundenBak View Post
Two Random Germany Specific Questions:

1) I bought my car w/o the sports package. But driving on the autobahn I wouldn't mind opening it up past 130 every now and then. If I buy new tires with a higher speed rating is there somewhere I can go to bump the speed limiter from 130 to 150?

2) I want to get my car tinted and don't want to wait 2 years to get back to the states. I heard it was illegal in Germany to tint the front driver/passenger windows, but you are allowed to tint the rear passenger windows AND the rear windshield. Is that true? And does someone have a place they recommend near Ramstein? I just want the traditional black tint, nothing reflective or anything crazy.

Thanks for the help!
Not sure about the limiter...didn't even know we had one...

As far as the tint. It is legal to put a very light tint on the front windows and as dark as you want on all rears. I had limo on my rears for 3 1/2 years there and never had a problem. I waited till I got back here to get it all re-done.

But I knew plenty of people over there that had dark tint on front windows. And I had a German friend at work that had his fronts pretty dark (maybe 15%). And he had a friend at a tint place that would do whatever you wanted. Somebody at work took his advice and had it done. There aren't too many cops driving around there anyway. And he said that if they did pull you over and gave you shit, you could just tell them you're american and they'd leave you alone. So I guess it's up to you if you want to risk it.

And also...haven't they gotten much more serious about the inspections on base over there? That's another reason I never did mine. And I was stationed at a base that was much more lenient. <<Is that how you spell that? lol
__________________
JB4 | Vanguard/Quad burnt tips | Linea Corse | Mtech Front/rear | AFE DCI | H&R Sport + Koni yellow | Umnitza Full LED Angels | Akyrm lip/quad diffuser | Alpine CSL CF Trunklid
See Garage for more
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #84
RickySATX
New Member
Germany
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ramstein, Germany/Texas

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to RickySATX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
I had wheels/tires shipped there. It wasn't too bad...think I paid $200 total for the wheels/tires package. I know tirerack and discount tire and maybe some others really try to work with military on this...
Thanks, I honestly might wait until I get back to TX to order wheels/tires. I only have about a year left here anyway. Maybe I can save a bit on shipping. I was just wondering if it was worthwhile ordering the ones I want.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #85
BrundenBak
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
Not sure about the limiter...didn't even know we had one...

As far as the tint. It is legal to put a very light tint on the front windows and as dark as you want on all rears. I had limo on my rears for 3 1/2 years there and never had a problem. I waited till I got back here to get it all re-done.

But I knew plenty of people over there that had dark tint on front windows. And I had a German friend at work that had his fronts pretty dark (maybe 15%). And he had a friend at a tint place that would do whatever you wanted. Somebody at work took his advice and had it done. There aren't too many cops driving around there anyway. And he said that if they did pull you over and gave you shit, you could just tell them you're american and they'd leave you alone. So I guess it's up to you if you want to risk it.

And also...haven't they gotten much more serious about the inspections on base over there? That's another reason I never did mine. And I was stationed at a base that was much more lenient. <<Is that how you spell that? lol
Thanks! I'll have to ask around and see who knows a good shop. I'll use the American excuse if it every comes up, and if I have to peel the front windows oh well.

The 328i comes with a 130 mph limiter unless you get the sport package and then it comes with a 150 mph limiter. But the only difference is the type of tires. If I change the tires out myself will a BMW dealership up my limitor? Or is there another way to up the limitor besides the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #86
Doctor_Tattoo
Enlisted Member
Germany
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E91 320d
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrundenBak View Post
Thanks! I'll have to ask around and see who knows a good shop. I'll use the American excuse if it every comes up, and if I have to peel the front windows oh well.

The 328i comes with a 130 mph limiter unless you get the sport package and then it comes with a 150 mph limiter. But the only difference is the type of tires. If I change the tires out myself will a BMW dealership up my limitor? Or is there another way to up the limitor besides the dealership?
Since your car is an 11 and you don't need to do the yearly inspection for plates for a while you can tint your windows, but I'd go easy on the fronts like others said, if the Polizi pull you over for it you will still get a ticket.

However, I did get pulled over once in my old car that was very dark. Right when saw me to pull me over I dropped the front windows and he didn't say anything, but he was pulling me over for something totally different.

Now, on lifting the speed limiter, the dealership probably won't do it even if you up the tire specs. But an independent chip tuner will do it. There is a place near me that caters to Americans that has someone that can do it.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #87
ZURICH
Major
ZURICH's Avatar
Switzerland
18
Rep
1,153
Posts

 
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wettingen

iTrader: (0)

Not Germany but just over the border in Switzerland
__________________

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #88
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
Bimmer84's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,826
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [3.75]
About time people start posting in here again!
__________________
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST