Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tischer & Possible Group Buy On OEM ZCP Rims?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

03-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #23
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW

after doing more research on wheel spacers, i just don't see how this thing will crack. i mean i could imagine if your going even 30mph and the thing cracks in half breaks off it would not only damage your rim but your suspension and would most likely make you swurve and cause an accident. but still.

to make sure im correct, the purple thing is the wheel spacer right? so the re 10mm spacer would look exactly like that? installs right behind the wheel on the hub?

pictured diy: http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=157760
Attached Images

hl0m4n is offline   United_States
      03-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #24
Chowbow
pew pew

Drives: 三三五i

That's the wheel spacer, and it can crack, just like anything can. But when the spacer cracks / breaks / and then falls off, then you'll have a real handful with a wobbling wheel. Spacers are just a band aid IMO. They're there to fix the problem of a wheel being the wrong offset in the first place.

CSL replicas are now CSL counterfeits. Jesus saves, like Valentine1.
      03-07-2008, 02:43 AM   #25
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

if i put a larger router can that make up for the 10mm space thus giving me the ok for the rim?
      03-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #26
Acuracy
SAYPL335

Drives: 2007 335 Coupe

The RAC Monolites are Fanatiastic wheels, they are super light. But i believe they are 9 up front and 10 out back. I actually contacted the guys at RAC a few months ago about making a set of wheels for my E92 but i would have to get 10+ buyers. The M3 fitment for the RACs wouldnt work on the E92s, especially with that 9 inch front.

Acuracy is offline   Guyana
      03-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #27
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuracy View Post
The RAC Monolites are Fanatiastic wheels, they are super light. But i believe they are 9 up front and 10 out back. I actually contacted the guys at RAC a few months ago about making a set of wheels for my E92 but i would have to get 10+ buyers. The M3 fitment for the RACs wouldnt work on the E92s, especially with that 9 inch front.
shit man. running out of options here lol but to get reps. there is nothing wrong with reps but for me its like ocd to have everything genuine. 10 buyers for rac sounds really good expecially for rg4/rg41 but at new price something i can't do atm. the used racs are going good but like you said won't fit. damn... if only the oem zcp fit. i mean how can you match these besides qd7
Attached Images

Last edited by hl0m4n; 03-07-2008 at 11:58 AM.
      03-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #28
Acuracy
SAYPL335

unless u pick up the new Morr VS8. Those are sicks wheels, i mite get those mainly because they're pretty well made and are also super light and look good.

03-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #29
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Quote:
unless u pick up the new Morr VS8. Those are sicks wheels, i mite get those mainly because they're pretty well made and are also super light and look good.
im not a fan of the morr vs8 and the vs7. the vs7 looks like something out of a cartoon magazine. i don't know the word to explain it. if you look at the pictures everything from the thick spokes and wheels to the finish it looks very "cartooney". just my .02

the morr vs8 are very close priced to the neez qd7 maybe $200-$400 higher? if i were to spend the money on vs8 i would def pay the extra for the qd7.
      03-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #30
ElCapitan
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2007 E91 328xi & 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
im not a fan of the morr vs8 and the vs7. the vs7 looks like something out of a cartoon magazine. i don't know the word to explain it. if you look at the pictures everything from the thick spokes and wheels to the finish it looks very "cartooney". just my .02

the morr vs8 are very close priced to the neez qd7 maybe $200-$400 higher? if i were to spend the money on vs8 i would def pay the extra for the qd7.
Sorry but where have seen the QD7 for only $200-$400 higher than VS8? I have seen the price for QD7 almost double the VS8.

2008 E90 335i | Silver Grey | Terra | Piano Black | ZSP | ZKO | ZAT | ZKI | ZPL | ZKL |
2007 E91 328xi | Black Sapphire | Terra | ALuminium | ZKO | ZKI | ZPL
Past Cars: 2004 ///M3, 2002 E46 330xi, 2003 GTI 1.8T, 1996 Neon
ElCapitan is offline   Canada
      03-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #31
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
Sorry but where have seen the QD7 for only $200-$400 higher than VS8? I have seen the price for QD7 almost double the VS8.
if so then i have been mistaken. aren't they like $2800-3k? either way what i think about the vs7 remain. something abou the color to the bulkly spokes just looks cartooney ( i have no other word to describe it as ). not my style.

the closest thing to oem is qd7 imho.
      03-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #32
Acuracy
SAYPL335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
+1...ive seen the VS7s and they are beautiful in person, The VS8 are beautiful and reasonably priceed for the type of wheel ur getting...

Travis

03-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #33
rooster3.0
Major

Drives: E92 335i

I think the QD7 are ~4300 a set. VS8 are only 2850.
      03-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #34
crimsone90
Banned

Drives: MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster3.0 View Post
I think the QD7 are ~4300 a set. VS8 are only 2850.

QD7s are $6,000, my morr VS7 were $1750 and the VS8 I paid $2350.
      03-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #35
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E90 M3 Frozen Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
You're right..Sorry about that.

The rear OEM CSL and ZCP wheels are et27 not 22.
For some reason I had velocity's rear et stuck in my head.
Yeah, you had it right first time about real CSL. There are two OEM types. OEM CSL (off the M3 CSL 8.5 front and 9.5 et22 rear) and OEM ZCP CSL (off the competition package 8.0 et44 front and 9.5 et27 rear).

2011 E90 M3 Frozen Black (1 of 1)
///M Flight
M3 Piotr is offline   Poland
      03-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #36
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Piotr View Post
Yeah, you had it right first time about real CSL. There are two OEM types. OEM CSL (off the M3 CSL 8.5 front and 9.5 et22 rear) and OEM ZCP CSL (off the competition package 8.0 et44 front and 9.5 et27 rear).
im confused. will either the oem or zcp front fit without spacers? i originally planned on using oem zcp.
      03-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #37
Acuracy
SAYPL335

The ZCP will need a 10mm spacer in front, i will have to roll the rear fenders and MIGHT have to run neg camber, that im not 100% on.

and i believe u cant get the OEM CSL wheels without a Original CSL VIN, so i read on e46fanatics.

03-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #38
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Quote:
The ZCP will need a 10mm spacer in front, i will have to roll the rear fenders and MIGHT have to run neg camber, that im not 100% on.

and i believe u cant get the OEM CSL wheels without a Original CSL VIN, so i read on e46fanatics.
i can get any oem csl part i want so that is not a problem. oem zcp and csl rear are the same. before nobody mentioned i needed fender rolling or anything. so i take it i can run the rears fine without anything right?

for the front do one of the other fit front no problem front? i don't mind spending the extra $$ on oem csl for just front.
      03-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #39
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist

Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsone90 View Post
QD7s are $6,000, my morr VS7 were $1750 and the VS8 I paid $2350.
Also, the US distributor of NEEZ wheels is Eisenhaus. Who in the right mind would want to spend any money with them? You have to be mentally challenged to order any thing from Eisenhaus at this point.

I have been trying to find a way to order a set directly from Japan, but can't find a way yet.
      03-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #40
Acuracy
SAYPL335

Quote:
i can get any oem csl part i want so that is not a problem. oem zcp and csl rear are the same. before nobody mentioned i needed fender rolling or anything. so i take it i can run the rears fine without anything right?

for the front do one of the other fit front no problem front? i don't mind spending the extra $$ on oem csl for just front.
guys are rubbing with +30..i rub on my Essens and those are ~32. I ran 5mm spacers on them i rubbed like a mother and i dont have my fenders rolled. Anyway u go with either of those wheels ur gonna have to run spacers in the front. The rears will just require alil work (roll fenders, neg camber) Just take it to Taso, he'll fix that.

03-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #41
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Quote:
guys are rubbing with +30..i rub on my Essens and those are ~32. I ran 5mm spacers on them i rubbed like a mother and i dont have my fenders rolled. Anyway u go with either of those wheels ur gonna have to run spacers in the front. The rears will just require alil work (roll fenders, neg camber) Just take it to Taso, he'll fix that.
thanks for your help man. so the front either one i would need the 10mm spacers anyway. the rears i would def need to roll fenders? how do you get neg camber (newb question )? so with the roll fender at rear or neg camber my setup is fine no rub, issues, etc?

also i got onr more for you. with 10mm spacers front would the front tires be outward more then the rear? i still want to maintain look of the rear being outward more then the front.

thanks again
      03-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #42
Acuracy
SAYPL335

Quote:
thanks for your help man. so the front either one i would need the 10mm spacers anyway. the rears i would def need to roll fenders? how do you get neg camber (newb question )? so with the roll fender at rear or neg camber my setup is fine no rub, issues, etc?

also i got onr more for you. with 10mm spacers front would the front tires be outward more then the rear? i still want to maintain look of the rear being outward more then the front.

thanks again
Yea either one will require spacers up front because they are ~ET44. That will look crazy pushed in on our cars, and will also probably hit the strut, so u will need the 10mm to push it out and make it closer to flush. With the 10mm spacer up front it wont look more pushed out than the rear, dont worry about that cause remember u will be running a aggressive rear as it is with the ET27.

I would DEFINTELY roll the rear fenders just to avoid any rubbing that may occur. BTW are u dropped or gonna be dropped? Negative camber can be set up when u go for ur alignment, stock i think we can go to -3 degrees, im running -2 degrees of neg camber right now in the rear and -1 up front.

Thats the same rear setup im going to do when i pick up a set of 19s soon, i wanna run M3 fitment so ive done some research already.

ALSO to help minimize rubbing, i recommend going with 235/265 tire setup and go with a tire with more rounded sidewalls like t1r's.

Im glad i can help bro

03-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #43
hl0m4n
Brigadier General

Quote:
Yea either one will require spacers up front because they are ~ET44. That will look crazy pushed in on our cars, and will also probably hit the strut, so u will need the 10mm to push it out and make it closer to flush. With the 10mm spacer up front it wont look more pushed out than the rear, dont worry about that cause remember u will be running a aggressive rear as it is with the ET27.

I would DEFINTELY roll the rear fenders just to avoid any rubbing that may occur. BTW are u dropped or gonna be dropped? Negative camber can be set up when u go for ur alignment, stock i think we can go to -3 degrees, im running -2 degrees of neg camber right now in the rear and -1 up front.

Thats the same rear setup im going to do when i pick up a set of 19s soon, i wanna run M3 fitment so ive done some research already.

ALSO to help minimize rubbing, i recommend going with 235/265 tire setup and go with a tire with more rounded sidewalls like t1r's.

Im glad i can help bro

you are the man . im on stock suspension e92 coupe with sport package with no plans to drop for awhile. so even if i roll the rear fenders, there is a chance i will still rub? front is good to go with spacer no rolling needed?

if im good at the rear with stock height and fender rolling and i plan to drop later i just need to get a neg camber of -2 or -1?

i also was going with general uhp...

PS: anyone know of oem zcp are forged bbs?
      03-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #44
Acuracy
SAYPL335

Quote:
you are the man . im on stock suspension e92 coupe with sport package with no plans to drop for awhile. so even if i roll the rear fenders, there is a chance i will still rub? front is good to go with spacer no rolling needed?

if im good at the rear with stock height and fender rolling and i plan to drop later i just need to get a neg camber of -2 or -1?
ohh if u are gonnna drop later down the line then definitely roll the rear fenders, u dont wanna drop it later then hear rubbing THEN roll the fenders, just do it and get that outta the way especially since it isnt to much $$. You cant roll the front fenders because they are plastic fenders.

The fronts will be good with just 10mm spacers.

The rears for now just roll and then when u drop u will need to get an alignment so just tell the guy to put -2 deg in.